Any Special Plans For HTDAAB ?...and what vertigo means to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Some from here kindly pm'ed to ask if I would like them to email me the vertigo track when they get it? A very thoughtful thing to do but it made me think they either weren't here when All That You Can't Leave Behind was released or they don't read my comments:sexywink:

They must not have heard of

THE........O'CASSION

I wait till I get the album on CD, which is usually some time after most of you guys. I wait for the perfect moment, when I'm preferrably alone.
I dress up, I cook something delicious for dinner. Aftrewards I light some candles, I get a bottle of something nice to drink, I select my favourite glass, I sit in my comfy chair, I lay back and press PLAY.
It is a very VERY special moment for me, the first listen. I think it warrants the ceremony.

So it made me wonder does anyone else do anything special to celebrate a new U2 album...that they would like to share?

:laugh: I didn't see you mention evening dress :eyebrow:

and this is what vertigo means to me.
takes me back instantly to 1973, my first year of high school. My sister and I saved up our pocketmoney and bought our very first vinyl LP's( records). They were $4 ea.
I bought David Bowie Space Oddity and she bought Status Quo Piledriver. They were both played to death. Status Quo were with a label called "vertigo" and this is what was on Side 2

vertigo.jpg

quite a spin out to watch it revolve. I'm a bit worried about how visually stimulating this new U2 film clip is going to be :eek:

:up:

Ha! You don't wanna know what I'll be wearing at that moment. I love the Bowie/Status Quo story. Some of us here are old enough to have been there many times before.

Cass!!!:hug:

I have missed you!!! :hug:

Oh no! What if she doesn't remember me? :eek:

I wish I had your patience. But then again, I worry too much about that bus going SMACK! right over me. :yikes:

that's it! Mr Brau's got the lacy number on again and Roland's drunk...I'm leavin' :wave:

:laugh:

adviice of the day: look left and then right and then left again before you cross the road and always wear clean underwear ( in case that long-awaited for bus does in fact arrive)

I will do what I do every time I get a much anticipated album. I will have a near death experience.

Yes, I will. I do this every time. I head to the Plaza, I purchase said cd, I make my way back to the car after maybe doing some more shopping, then as I am fumbling with the car park exit ticket and watching those boom gates and once more praying they dont squash me (long time fear of mine lol), I begin the experience. At some stage not too far into it I will remember I bought a new cd and then might have to reach into the back seat to retrieve the HMV/Sanity bag. I will try valiantly to watch the road at the same time. I will try not to mount the kerb, or hit bystanders. I will then curse and swear and fumble some more as I try to rip the security sticker off the sealed cd, meanwhile praying for at lease ONE red light so I can stop driving for a few moments. Once I finally remove the sticker and get the cd out without accidently breaking the jewel case, i will put it in my cd player and continue on home - often with the music so loud that I am still a danger unto others.

Pray I dont hit anyone, please?
:wink:

Angela Harlem said:
I will do what I do every time I get a much anticipated album. I will have a near death experience.

Yes, I will. I do this every time. I head to the Plaza, I purchase said cd, I make my way back to the car after maybe doing some more shopping, then as I am fumbling with the car park exit ticket and watching those boom gates and once more praying they dont squash me (long time fear of mine lol), I begin the experience. At some stage not too far into it I will remember I bought a new cd and then might have to reach into the back seat to retrieve the HMV/Sanity bag. I will try valiantly to watch the road at the same time. I will try not to mount the kerb, or hit bystanders. I will then curse and swear and fumble some more as I try to rip the security sticker off the sealed cd, meanwhile praying for at lease ONE red light so I can stop driving for a few moments. Once I finally remove the sticker and get the cd out without accidently breaking the jewel case, i will put it in my cd player and continue on home - often with the music so loud that I am still a danger unto others.

Pray I dont hit anyone, please?
:wink:

Forget cellphones! New U2 cds should be outright banned from playing in cars for one whole year. You know, this story reminds me of the time I got rear-ended while Bullet was blasting (true story I swear!). I was stopped at a red and some nut nailed me so hard my car flew 3/4 thru the intersection. Anyways, Bullet kept blasting and all I was thinking was "Holy sh#$! Was the stereo too loud?" It never occured to me that I was rear-ended until I got out and saw the car behind me. Talk about being lost in a U2 song.

Well! In the ten days leading up to the release of HTDAAB, I am going to listen to all of U2's studio albums in chronological order. Then, the day it is released, I'm going to wear my Dublin Rocks t-shirt. And as soon as I get out of my 2:30 class, I'm going downtown and buying my copy! Then I'll listen to profusely all day long and probably most of that week.

I can't wait!!!!!!

I'm majoring in web development. I live and breath technology. That said, I get the music as soon as I can get it, in any form. I will download the vertigo mp3 as soon as I possibly can. If the album were to leak, and I don't think it will, but if it did, yeah, I would download it. That's not to say I wouldn't buy it too, but I would download it. To each his or her own I guess.

I am going to cram U2 down all my friends throats, wear my ZooTV T-Shirt and fly shades around and then on release run it full blast - the evening may end in some interesting Karaoke.

My first album was ATYCLB (because my brother has the rest, except two Best of's and MDH).

I remember going into town to the CD store, buying the CD, and at home listening to the songs (I did hear the 30 second snippets though), this time it's different because I didn't hear anything except the first clip of All because of you (couldn't hear much anyway) - but the plan is the same.

I'm most excited about the Vertigo video at the moment, and I will try to listen to the local radio as much as possible on Friday.

I'm going to be on vacation in Sinagpore when the album comes out. I'll buy it over there, but I'm gonna wait 'til I get home, then I'll head over to my mate's we're gonna have a little mini U2 fest with some beers with the head lining moment being our first listen to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. I'm really looking forward to that. It'll be the first time I haven't heard a new U2 album the day it's released.

I'm an addict. I'll take what I can get and everything I can find. If something's available for download, I'll download it and crank the volume right up. If something's available to buy, I'll take my discman with me to the shops, get them to put the new CD in it rather than the case, and walk out with it already blasting in my ears. I'm an impatient bugger. I won't even be able to wait until the drive home.

I'm going to dissapear into my room and not come out until I have listened to the album several times. I'm going in with a couple of Midsummer's Night candles (the PLEBA girls know bout this :wink:) and a bottle of wine. My roomates are invited to come listen..if any of them so much as peep they're outta there! I'm going to drive home from the record store like a maniac....anxiously ripping off the wrapping so I can memorize the CD liner! Can' wait.

madonna's child said:
Well! In the ten days leading up to the release of HTDAAB, I am going to listen to all of U2's studio albums in chronological order.

OMG I Love this idea and am going to do it too!! :hyper: :sexywink: :D

I buy the new U2 cd the morning it comes out and listen to it incessantly and constantly think "how can there be people out there who don't LOVE this stuff?":wink:

Back
Top Bottom