Any cohesive video from the Auckland Vertigo shows yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It seems like there were a ton of people capturing a minute or two here and there on their cell phones or cameras, but nothing really cohesive has popped up yet. The longest and best bit so far has been One Tree Hill in its entirety.

I would think that with thousands of people in the crowd, and knowing that One Tree Hill had a high likelihood of being played for the first time in 16 1/2 years, somebody would've filmed the show...

Anyone come across more than a few minutes of 11/24?

just any video of the Auckland shows? they're all over youtube, check there

No, that's what I said in my post. I'm talking about a partial or full-length video boot, not a few minutes on someone's cell phone. There are only a few posts of full songs, most of which are OTH. The majority are just bits of songs, and there's nowhere close to every song on there. Even if there were only digicam clips of full songs, I could make a dvd out of them, despite the poor quality.....but there aren't enough full songs on there to bother.

Seeing as how there are one or two decent-quality, full-length versions of OTH, I would assume that that person(s) might've filmed the whole thing. The 24th especially was a pretty monumental show, which is why I'd expect that someone would've taped it. For all we know, though, it's being hoarded.

Last edited:
Utoo said:
For all we know, though, it's being hoarded.

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I don't trade any more, but please let me know if/when something from either Auckland gig comes to light - I'd be very interested. :)

I was just thinking about this the other day, sadly very little in terms of pro-shot material from either the Elevation or Vertigo tour seems to have surfaced, its a real contrast to the the Zoo TV and Popmart days.

Sao Paulo 06 and Argentina 06 were tv broadcasts and are circulating, but what about Santiago 06? Wasn't that filmed also for TV? Isn't that out there too?.

I wonder if people just wanted to experience the show and so didn't tape the whole thing or even large sections. I mean U2 didn't make it to NZ for the Elevation shows, so for most of the people going it had been a very long wait to see them. Maybe they didn't want to spoil their enjoyment by filming.

I helped a friend film a couple of concerts (not U2 of course) last year and I was amazed at how detached from the performance I was. It was an interesting experience and I did enjoy it, but if those were the only two shows I saw on that tour I would have been very disappointed. And watching a concert on video just isn't the same. :(

I think people who can go to a lot of shows might not mind missing the complete concert experience sometimes by filming a few of the shows, but I suspect not enough people in NZ were able to do that so there isn't any full/near full length video footage out there.

indra said:
I wonder if people just wanted to experience the show and so didn't tape the whole thing or even large sections. I mean U2 didn't make it to NZ for the Elevation shows, so for most of the people going it had been a very long wait to see them. Maybe they didn't want to spoil their enjoyment by filming.

I helped a friend film a couple of concerts (not U2 of course) last year and I was amazed at how detached from the performance I was. It was an interesting experience and I did enjoy it, but if those were the only two shows I saw on that tour I would have been very disappointed. And watching a concert on video just isn't the same. :(

I think people who can go to a lot of shows might not mind missing the complete concert experience sometimes by filming a few of the shows, but I suspect not enough people in NZ were able to do that so there isn't any full/near full length video footage out there.

i think this is exactly right..

but SOMEONE has to have filmed it...one out of all those thousands, c'mon :wink:

Back
Top Bottom