And the Most Embarrassing Moment in U2 History is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no comment about politics here, i just know that Chile is not a perfect place either (history) so please take the plank out of your eye before you talk about US history when you don't even have your facts straight.

Would the world be better off having a an 8pm curfew for 30 years?

Last edited:
ponkine said:

That day won't come because in Chile we will never let our president nor government to plan attacks to his own contry and then demand the world to join him for his invented "war against terror" and support his crimes against humanity ...

Time for the truth: 11th September 2001 attacks were planned by the own US government. I don't mind if you believe me or not. Time will let the whole truth, like what happened with Vietnam war, another US agenda hidden by the "attacks" story. Now everyone knows that Vietnam NEVER attacked USA. Even in 1962 JF Kennedy admited that "Vietnam never attacked us". Neverthless your country killed 4 million innocent people in revenge for an attack that never happened.

Is that "freedom" you want to impose the world?.

I will never feel like "complete ASS" because I live in a country who don't kill other nations, don't create "wars against terror" to steal oil and make more and more money, don't play God, don't impose other countries an economic system and way of life. I live in a country that let the other countries live!, no matter color of skin, religion, economic system, etc. I can go to ANY country in the world if I want to, unlike US, where people can't go to Cuba, for example.

Is that "freedom"?.

Wide Awake

:ohmy:

Holy shit, dude. The US ain't perfect, but you're not doing such a great job representing Chile, my friend.

Now I really can't take your posts about the GH album seriously....

shart1780 said:

It's none of Bono's business if the guy wants to talk on his phone. Let the huy waste his money. He's not hurting anyone.

If you're at a concert, you're at a concert. Don't talk on the phone - there is plenty of time for that after or before the show. :shrug: It's rude to the performer and possibly others around you.

Last edited:
ultravioletluvv said:

Ah yes, the Grammys. This past year, everytime he opened his mouth I was embarassed for him. Whether he was drunk, tired or just arrogant, i don't think Bono won over any new fans that night. I cringed everytime he went for the mic. And after making an ass out of himself all night, when he accepted the award for album of the year, he came across ungrateful by saying, "we lost one for Achtung Baby and we lost one for All That You Can't Leave Behind". I just wanted to yell at him to shut up and just say "Thank You!" Of course I still love him.

I thought their BD Grammys speach were odd. The orgazmatron, pushing each other around, constant grinning...can you say a bit tipsy? To top it all with the "applying for the job" ego statement.

Last time around, I liked it - from the Sian dedication, to the Sometimes Bob Hewson speech, even the "circus" comments, even if a bit long, worked. Humble, so(m)ber. Bonus points for praising the other nominees in the Best album category.
I personally didn't mind pointing out they lost twice for Best album. Why not? Sure, thank you for this but we didn't forget we didn't make it twice before.

Last edited:
ponkine said:

That day won't come because in Chile we will never let our president nor government to plan attacks to his own contry and then demand the world to join him for his invented "war against terror" and support his crimes against humanity ...

Time for the truth: 11th September 2001 attacks were planned by the own US government. I don't mind if you believe me or not. Time will let the whole truth, like what happened with Vietnam war, another US agenda hidden by the "attacks" story. Now everyone knows that Vietnam NEVER attacked USA. Even in 1962 JF Kennedy admited that "Vietnam never attacked us". Neverthless your country killed 4 million innocent people in revenge for an attack that never happened.

I will never feel like "complete ASS" because I live in a country who don't kill other nations, don't create "wars against terror" to steal oil and make more and more money, don't play God, don't impose other countries an economic system and way of life. I live in a country that let the other countries live!, no matter color of skin, religion, economic system, etc. I can go to ANY country in the world if I want to, unlike US, where people can't go to Cuba, for example.

Is that "freedom"?.

Wide Awake

you won't find anyone more anti-Bush than i am, but i still grieve for the people i know who were killed on 9-11.

if you want to debate stuff like this, i invite you to join us in FYM (though you'll have to spend more time thinking through your posts, the above would be shredded in minutes).

tell me, were you appreciative of "mothers of the disappeared"?

why would you begrudge anyone who found meaning in this moment?

ponkine said:

Is that "freedom"?.
Wide Awake

Your really funny!! ahhahahaha One reason we got into Vietnam was to help the French keep there Colony (errm) Imperial Empire as you put it. I would go somewhere with that first part on not letting your Presidente do it, but then It would be turned around and I would be called very bad things!!!!!!!!!!!

ponkine said:

Is that "freedom"?.

Wide Awake

loosechange.gif

i'm done now... i had a harsh rebuke, but irvine said it better than i did... he's so smart :love:

I hated the latets grammy because

Vertigo wasnt worth playing , they murdered the song.
One was poor and was just played for the moment
Speeches are just terrible and cringe worthy ( liudest folk band in the world ... )
Bono's clothes and taste in hats ...

Actually, I thought their performance at the SuperDome a couple of weeks ago was awful for a couple of reasons.
1- We barely heard a U2 song. They played the 3rd verse of BD and the party was over.
2- It sounds like Bono barely rehearsed the Saints song with Green Day.
But, it was U2 on Monday Night Football, so I ain't caring too much.

ponkine said:

Is that "freedom"?.

Wide Awake

LOLOLOLOL... omg that was so hilarious.

This thread gets bumped so that someone can accuse someone's opinions of being embarrassing?

I've been getting some laughs from this thread, so I feel it would be a shame to close it, but let's just stop with the bickering, if we want to keep posting.

u2wildhoney said:

When Adam was arrested for owning some drugs..

Oh come on, it was just a little bit of weed. The haircut he had when he was arrested was probably more embarrassing.

Bono nearly ending U2 by blowing a flare off in his face in Sydney came close to taking the cake though.

Bonos little flare idea.

He nearly burnt his hands off at Auckland 1, lucky the flare must have been wet or it would have been the last U2 show.

I'd be nervous enough with Bono letting off a flare without a blindfold.

coolian2 said:
Bonos little flare idea.

He nearly burnt his hands off at Auckland 1, lucky the flare must have been wet or it would have been the last U2 show.

I'd be nervous enough with Bono letting off a flare without a blindfold.

:eek: :no: :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom