All Because Of You next single in Australia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
The radio station I've been listening to has been playnig All Because Of You and claiming its the next single. This seems a bit sudden considering City Of Blinding Lights was only officially released a bit over 3 weeks ago (at time of writing).

However, I don't really believe anything that radio station tells me as they have a knack for getting their information wrong. So I hope someone here is better informed than they are...

Does anybody actually know what's going on?

Don't get too excited! I wouldn't say that radio station was a credible source. But City of Blinding Lights is now #48 on the Aria Chart so its nearly out... So maybe its not too soon to begin radio play for the next single...

well i've been hearing a man and a woman about 10 times over the last few weeks....i was thinking that was the next single, and it was weird because i haven't even hear COBL yet!

wheres the promo tour U2?!?! where are the dates so everyone will get excited and buy a truckload of singles hehehe

Vertigo - Debuted at #5 - thanks to iPod ad.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - Debuted at #19 - thanks to people being smart and realising that usually bands release more than one single of a CD.
City Of Blinding Lights - Debuted at #31 - I almost threw the computer at the wall when I heard that.

I see a trend.

THANKS FOR REACHING OUT TO YOUR FANS, U2! I mean, does it really take that much effort for managment to play a couple of promo ads and announce a tour? Where is Australia's U2 correspondant??!!

I am looking forward to the tour. I will be heartbroken if they don't come, and I don't know how much more of my heart they can break - my heart will never be the same - thanks to the moment I found out COBL debuted at #31.

They messed up the single releases big time.

It took a month and a half of radioplay before anyone could actually go and buy the vertigo single, most people were either sick of it by then or just waitin another fortnight for the album.

Same happened with SYCMIOYO and COLBL.

One questions whether U2 really care about the single market anymore? Which kind of goes against the clan who reckon they've "sold out".

I reckon All Because of You will be the next single though...seems obvious choice considering it's already been a single in the US of A.

COBL_04 said:
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - Debuted at #19 - thanks to people being smart and realising that usually bands release more than one single of a CD.
City Of Blinding Lights - Debuted at #31 - I almost threw the computer at the wall when I heard that.

I see a trend.

THANKS FOR REACHING OUT TO YOUR FANS, U2! I mean, does it really take that much effort for managment to play a couple of promo ads and announce a tour? Where is Australia's U2 correspondant??!!

I am looking forward to the tour. I will be heartbroken if they don't come, and I don't know how much more of my heart they can break - my heart will never be the same - thanks to the moment I found out COBL debuted at #31.

Ummmm Explain to me....This iPod commercial on Australian TV?, I saw it once.....early December last year...and that was at like 2am.
I dont think that got Vertigo to #5......It was because U2 had made their 'Comeback'

Chart positons, I dont really think mean anything. If they didnt sell singles in the US, I'm sure they would still tour there.
COBL debuting at #31 means squat.....Other people's intrest in Music has changed (I still think COBL deserved a Top 10...)

And About the tour.....are you getting a feeling that they aren't coming?...we keep getting rumors, or pushed back because they started the tour on a delay and must play more and more shows for the US fans, which in a way, is fair in a business way.....You play and promote where the money is to be made. (I'm not saying that U2 are in it for the money)
I just wish they would bloody hurry up and officialy say they are coming.
Then they can add another thousand US dates, and Australian, New Zealand, South American and Mars fans can be happy that they got to see U2 in their country for once in their life time

(and what a bullshit post that sounds like :))

Delightful!

So does anybody know if All Because Of You will be the next single in Australia, or does this radio station have their information wrong?

Canada already had the ABOY single. I guess this was because of the States pushing it on the radio right when the Bomb came out (the video shows the band playing on the day before the big release in NA). Vertigo/ABOY/Sometimes.../City... . I wonder what our next release will be. My money is on Miracle Drug. They just haven't been playing the other songs enough (or at all) live to make be believe that the band would want Original... or Crumbs to be a single. At least, for now.

My missus works at HMV and she spoke to the rep from Warner (distributes Island) and he reckons 'Miracle Drug' is next in October, then another single for the tour - he guessed 'All Because Of You'...

This radio station has said nothing more about All Because Of You being a single. Maybe they have been corrected.

COBL_04 said:

I see a trend.

In Ireland and UK

Vertigo debuted at No.1
Sometimes debuted at No. 1
COBL debuted at No. 1 (Ireland)
COBL debuted at No. 2 (UK - STUPID FROG)

Back
Top Bottom