Album is out, tour is almost over....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that is the reasoning behind the lottery, I would personally prefer that they carry on playing the stadiums in Europe if it means no lottery. I'm not a big fan of it :shrug:

Hi, Cassie :wave:
Did you get your CDs yet? I think our local post office has been having some irregular opening hours recently, so some have and some haven't got them.

I thought U2's profit was greater with one indoor Vertigo show than with one Stadium Popmart show?

I also would really like the band to remaster thier catalogue. Some of their titles done't even deserve to have the "u2" name on them.

As for finding things to do - why not save money for 4 years so you can see every show on their next tour? You are a big fan, aren't you?

u2fp

Sorry about that :(
They should be with you pretty soon... I know that out of the eight people who I sent them too, three are still waiting.
Don't shed too many tears over it in the meantime ;)

U2FanPeter said:
I thought U2's profit was greater with one indoor Vertigo show than with one Stadium Popmart show?

A lot of that, I would say, is to do with more efficient financial management. I know that Paul McGuinness was concerned about the costs of the Popmart tour and they have perhaps tightened up on financial controls and things like that.

Yeah, I think they should come within the next couple days...in the meantime, :madspit: on the post office.

financeguy said:

Their addiction to the USA is getting absurd, maybe they should just renounce their Euro passports, wrap themselves in the Stars and Stripes and go and live in Beverly Hills. Bono can invite Bushchimp over for barbeqeues every Sunday. Don't get me wrong I like the US but why two US legs and only one Euro one?

Because they charge more to us wonderful people in the US therefore they make more money.

U2Man said:
Why is it always Larry that gets sick of things?

I don't know, but I think it's probably a good thing, because I'm willing to bet Larry is also sick of the current U2 sound. I have no problem with the current sound, but I think it's time for U2 to experiment again...

U2FanPeter said:

I also would really like the band to remaster thier catalogue. Some of their titles done't even deserve to have the "u2" name on them.

As for finding things to do - why not save money for 4 years so you can see every show on their next tour? You are a big fan, aren't you?

u2fp

Yes I'm a fan but at $175.00 a pop the big fan has a limited budget. I had 4 years to save up for this tour and so far only VISA is benefiting.

youtwohearts said:

$50.00 plus taxes I believe.

Seats were $95-$175.00 if you couldn't get GA's plus taxes.

Your seats are bit more expensive but other than that it's not that big a difference...

I haven't been following the dollar, I must admit.

Oh well, you get more shows. Quit complaining :wink:

youtwohearts said:

$50.00 plus taxes I believe.

Seats were $95-$175.00 if you couldn't get GA's plus taxes.

And that was if you were lucky enough to get them from Ticketmaster...I ended up paying $150 for one GA through ETS, but it was worth every penny of my hard earned cash.

I know what's next. New album. October 2006. Featuring Northern Star, Mercy, Treason, Saturn's Rings and 7 blistering rock tunes (along with one extra for the special edition release!).

Larry has bad back and wrist problems.
I guarantee you it gives him fits every single night.
Doesn't he wear something on his elbow as well?

VertigoGal said:
Anyway, if they come back next summer that's just ridiculous. They need to visit Oz/NZ/Asia/Latin America first.

:up: Exactly right. It's as if the US are the only planet on the earth. They have already broken the US many, many years ago. Surely everyone in the US that wants to see them has been already.

True:up:
they will come round here, 'ala popmart 98'
maybe some soccer jerseys again, just before world cup 06'
Vertigo will become U2's greatest tour ever:drool:

I think there's been to much rumours about the tour going into 2006 - I don't think they will end it after the third leg.

Chizip said:

Maybe because they played stadiums in Europe giving more fans there a chance to see a show.

1ST LEG ATTENDANCE: 499,109
2ND LEG ATTENDANCE: 1,982,458

the 3rd leg numbers havent been added up yet but i'm sure when they come out the 2nd leg attendance will be higher than 1st leg and 3rd leg combined, by a lot.

so while just one leg, U2 still played to more people in Europe.

1st time ever I think more Europeans got to see U2 than Americans.

That may be true, but consider how much of Europe gets covered - they don't go beyond Germany on the east (ok so they played Poland this tour) or beyond Austria on the south.

U2DMfan said:
Larry has bad back and wrist problems.
I guarantee you it gives him fits every single night.
Doesn't he wear something on his elbow as well?

On the Conan show, Larry said he wanted to be like max Weinberg. Max had an operation on his wrist, maybe 15 years ago. I remember him talking about on the Phil Donahue show at the time.

u2fp

I think if they were going to extend the tour into 2006 they would have said it already. After all they sold the tickets for November less than a month after the tickets for May went on sale.

Maybe they'll come out with a U2 cartoon like the Jackson 5 did. I can see them running around to get the bad guys caught. Bono can have the super shades, Edge can have the magic guitar, Larry can have boomerang drum sticks and Adam can have :hmm: another magic guitar. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom