Advice on my forthcoming U2 four disc "best of" (Ie favorite songs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm definately doing this. But I'm going preference. I mean, we're the ones listening aren't we?

So I'm gonna do.. [Boy/October/War] - [UF/JT-R&H] - [AB/Zooropa/Pop]

Not just album songs, any song that fits into the relevant era. That I LIKE.

The last album, which will span from the release of the Sweetest Thing (Single) until HTDAAB, will wait until the album's release.

Two quickies.. The Electric Co. That is supposed to fade in and out in the end right? Only discovered it's greatness recently, upon arrival here. Also, can someone do me a foavour (I'm Lazy) and tell me when LWTSH was written/produced? I'm guessing in the third era.

I love U2 and I'm well and truely consumating it.

Only these four men can make me, a straight male fall in love so. :eyebrow:

Yes! AB is not only spectacular album but I believe its b-sides are superior to JT - Spinning Head / Salome / Night And Day...........

and let's not forget the rediculously awsome outtakes from the Salome Bootleg: Heaven and Hell, She's Gonna Blow Your house Down (best non album U2 song ever), Take You Down, Take Today.

good lord, a 10-disc compilation. taking like 8 songs from each album or something? that be alot. Can't say I wouldn't buy it though if it were official :D

Lancemc, yeah its abitious alright, i just started doing the song listing. i do have to wait to finish it 100% till the album is out. but its going to be a labor of love and cant wait to make a thread for some great ideas for everyone. i will be studio, live, rare, remixs(maybe remixes). etc... maybe short interview clips and great cover art. i do have some people that i want to give it to for a christmas gift.

it would be real cool if you could dig up some really rare live songs or soemthing. Maybe even something back form the Boy sessions if you could find them. And don't forget to put some stuff on there from the Salome Bootlegs (She's Gonna...)

If you're going to mix it up at all, you might as well mix the eras. It makes it much more interesting to hear Mofo after Real Thing after Fire for example.

Nah, it's already done, sans the last disc. I switched a few songs around on the last one, but I can't recall exactly what.

Back
Top Bottom