Adam singing? (live performance of Fire)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pFitz80

Babyface
Anyone else on here have the CD "U2: The complete tour rarities 1980-1993"? The CD includes a live performance of "Fire" from 11/14/81 at the Paradise theater in Boston where I could swear Adam, and not Edge, is singing the backing vocals "Falling, Falling.." The voice is deep and off key. Thing is, I've never heard any mention of Adam ever doing any singing live. such a big deal was made about his lines in "your Blue Room" from Passengers that I would have thought it to be common knowledge if he'd ever sung live...Any thoughts? this is very perplexing!

Thanks

I have a video from a concert during the Unfortegable Fire tour, and Adam is singing backup. He's doing the "walkaway walkaway" part of I Will Follow. It looks like Larry has a mic too, so it might be all of them singing on the song

I remember the first couple of shows I saw; 1985 UF Tour, Adam had a mike stand, but I cannot remember him ever using it, and in 1987 Joshua Tree he had one too. Again I don't think he ever used it. I'm sure he tried in the early years, but quickly gave that up.

I read somewhere that he had a mic stand but it was never plugged in. I don't have any idea just how accurate that statement was, though, and now I've forgotten where I read it.

I have that CD as well. It does sound an awful lot like Adam.

I've got a video from a 1982 concert in Germany where he does a lot of background singing. Larry does too. Especially on "Two Hearts Beat As One" ('I can't stop the dance!!') and "Sunday, Bloody Sunday."

If anyone as the '83 US Festival on video...you can see Larry singing during "SBS" on that as well.

actually Adam has sung more than you thought. In Chicago on the arena Zoo TV tour he sang backup w/ Edge on Bullet, and he also sung a snippet of Angel at the same show. He did do some backup stuff live like with I Will Follow as previously mentioned on this thread. I think on the UBRS video he also does/did some backup.

there's a photo floating around of a JT era (I think) Adam singing into a mic... Im sure the PLEBA gals can help with that

Last edited:
I remember on the Rattle & Hum outtakes he was singing back up on One Tree Hill. Actual filmed proof of him going up to the mike and singing "Run like a riverrrrrr" couldn't hear him to well...that may have been on purpose though

I still think that Adam is singing "Where do we go from here....." in the song Endless Deep.

ON UBRS it looks as though he is singing backup on "Surrender".
I bet Adam has sung more than we all think. He did the vocals on "Endless Deep", and at the end of "Your blue room". I've heard that sometimes on the Zoo TV tour when they would do "When love comes to town", Adam would sometimes sing BB King's verse. "Iwas there when they crucified my lord.....". I also think that he and Larry both sung live on "ISHFWILF" during the Joshua Tree tour, on some of the performances. I know that on Popmart and Elevation, he didn't have a mike stand in front of him. Maybe he just decided it wasn't for him. Adam had a mike on Zoo TV, and I know Larry sang on Zoo TV. On the Sydney video, he sang on "Zoo Station", "Numb", "Dirty Day" and "Daddy's gonna pay".

Back
Top Bottom