acted like a nutjob on the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2NSTLOU

The Fly
Here in St Louis 101 the river is giving away U2's cd and all winners are entered to win a trip to NYC for the MSG show. I was the right caller and I guess I got a little excited. I sounded like a nutjob which means I was the only one that was aired on the radio. I screamed in the phone and the DJ just cracked up she said she was just happy to have someone that was excited to win apparently everyone else was to laid back or to cool. I admit it I did'nt care. I would love to win that trip I don't even care if the tix or ga or not just to be there is enough for me. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I won a trip from that station before I hope lightning strikes twice. :hyper:

Good luck!!! I hope you win!!!

Years ago, I won a radio phone-in contest and got an advance copy of Zooropa. I was so excited that I won (I never win anything) and the DJ was like, "Wow! You're really happy about this aren't you?" and I was like, "YES!"
Yeah, I heard myself on the air afterwards, and I sounded like a freak! I really wanted that CD! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the congrats. I just hate that they put me on the radio I did'nt even sound like myself freak is the right word.

you got through? excellent:)
yeah everyone has been pretty boring about getting a chance to win the trip :mad:

thats awesome, ive been listening for that

havent had a chance to call in though

good luck :up:

alreadygone said:
Dude, be glad you didn't have to do anything like sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" like Scooby Doo to win. Yes, I did--it was for a copy of ATYCLB, a few days before the release date. And yes, EVERYONE I knew heard it. :ohmy:

:lmao: I just tried to sing it like scooby and cracked myself up. I really feel for you for having to do it on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom