Abbey Road Week One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow----this is fantastic! :hyper:

I wonder what the "classic U2 song" with a great hook and chorus is. Could it be "All My Life?" Of the beach clips, that's the one that comes to mind with a strong chorus. Of course, it's very possible that none of the songs they mention are the beach clips----which would be even better, as that'd mean that there's that much more music that they're making. :D

I wonder if the Oasis stories came about because of an Oasis-sounding song....:hmm:

Whatever the deal is, this is great. The fact that Larry is talking it up, as others have said, and that U2.com has published this, it gives me some great vibes about the stage they're at in writing.

Utoo said:
Whatever the deal is, this is great. The fact that Larry is talking it up, as others have said, and that U2.com has published this, it gives me some great vibes about the stage they're at in writing.

agreed. they must feel very confident, and they must be reasonably far along in the project with an end date in sight. if there were 12 more months of recording to go, they'd never publish something with so many details.

they hype begins ...

i wonder if something this spring isn't out of the question ... to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Joshua Tree?

good news indeed. I'm banking on late fall 2007.

Finishing all the songs by May 2007
Finish artwork etc and begin promotions July 2007
First single in August of 2007
album on shelves in October/November

No U2 album has ever disappointed me. But if this one does, I will be astounded. The conditions couldn't be any better. Rick Rubin as producer and maybe Paul McCartney and George Martin in co-producing roles? One can dream. :drool:

Is the best U2 album ever in the making? :hmm:

Zootlesque said:

This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on an animal farm

the thought of Paul McCartney helping really annyos me for some reason , when the album is released would people give paul the credit and would paul fans claim it as there own ?

vaz02 said:
the thought of Paul McCartney helping really annyos me for some reason , when the album is released would people give paul the credit and would paul fans claim it as there own ?

No.

Numb1075 said:
good news indeed. I'm banking on late fall 2007.

Finishing all the songs by May 2007
Finish artwork etc and begin promotions July 2007
First single in August of 2007
album on shelves in October/November

Oh yes, yes and a world tour reaching Europe, (including Finland or else...:madwife: ) in the summer of 2008! :hyper:

U2Man said:
No U2 album has ever disappointed me. But if this one does, I will be astounded. The conditions couldn't be any better. Rick Rubin as producer and maybe Paul McCartney and George Martin in co-producing roles? One can dream. :drool:

I thought the article said McCartney and George Martin were only visiting, not colalborating on the album?

:hmm: George Martin producing U2.

I wonder what will happen after September's over - the sessions with Rubin will be over but the band still has about a month to go until the tour starts.

U2girl said:

I thought the article said McCartney and George Martin were only visiting, not colalborating on the album?

That's why I put the word 'maybe' there. And the word 'dream'. Who knows? Maybe their visit had a purpose?

vaz02 said:

why would they do that?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
all it said was paul and george were visiting... considering the location, i don't see why anyone should take it as anything more than just that; a vist.

:madspit:

ok, more like fall/winter 2007 album release, spring/summer 2008 tour... but hey, a man can dream, can't he?

Feasible, I dont know though, I just cant see them hitting the road again that quickly when they are finishing in Dec. 06. I also think the fact that they have obviously JUST started, are going to have to stop in a month, go back out on tour, then have the holidays, then have to go back into the studio and get back into it again makes me still think 2008. :shrug: I do think they will shoot for a fall release either way though, because of the Christmas sales potential. So it will be fall 2007 or 2008 most likely. I still say 2008, I'm sure many will disagree with me though. :wink:

Isnt it interesting though, a month ago we had people almost guaranteeing a new album by the end of the year, single this month, and stating that new songs would be played on Leg 5. All based on rumor and a couple of muffled clips that could be just about anything.

i never believed any of it, even based on the clips..

but confirmation that they're in the studio working with rick friggin rubin gives me a bit more confidence that we'll see something, probably around this time next year.

Sorry, I wasnt suggesting you were one of the people buying into the clips or the album this year hype. I quoted you on the album next year with tour in 2008 part only. I wasnt applying the rest of my post to you.

LemonMacPhisto said:

why would they do that?

if bono or the edge was involved in the production of a lets say oasis album i know i'd claim it as possibly a u2 album. I shouldnt but i would.

You be amazed to find out how many people would claim it.

Back
Top Bottom