a very drunk U2....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and now u2 are what the parents are listening too....as the kids all listen to ________ ( i would say green day but they are soon to be a has-been and im not cool enough to know of anyone else)

Surely they would have saw this day coming///no wait///dont call me shirley!!!

Irony comes full circle, much like the head on the pint Adam has long since given up. :wink:

Mrs. Garrison said:
and now u2 are what the parents are listening too....as the kids all listen to ________ ( i would say green day but they are soon to be a has-been and im not cool enough to know of anyone else)

Irony comes full circle, much like the head on the pint Adam has long since given up. :wink:

Nah... if "only the parents" listened to U2, then they still wouldn't have albums that sell over 800K in the first week just in the U.S. Those sales mean kids are buying. Springsteen said it best when he inducted U2 into the R&R Hall of Fame - his own son was singing to "Vertigo" with his newly changed teenage voice. ;)

Besides, U2 never wanted to be some teenagers band. Those artists NEVER survive.

As for U2 seeing "this day come" - uh, what day? Them turing mid-40's? I would imagine. But they were early 30's then. God willing, you may be that old someday too. I hope "you see it coming". Irony indeed.

:sexywink:

silvrlvr said:
The Edge: "Larry's a big fan of yours and so are all our parents."

Actually it was Adam who said it and it was even more hilarious:

Adam: "Paddy here is a great fan of your music. So are all our parents."
Paddy: "I'm not that old!"

:lol:

:cute:

:lol: Bono is winning the drinking match btw, he has one full, ,one empty guinness in front of him, Adam and Edge have two full ones.... and besides that Bono also has two whiskeys :drunk:

:love: U2 are funny when drunk!

U2 poking fun at phil collins while pissed? Holy this this is thread of the month!

:lmao:

Phil - "We anticipated the fact that you all might not be sober at this time of night"
Bono - "It's what??"

Zooropean103 said:

Adam: "Paddy here is a great fan of your music. So are all our parents."
Paddy: "I'm not that old!"

:lol:

That was hilarious :lol:

To top that only Edge's comment

" Ya know drummers get funny when they start singin "

And whatta about their faces uninterested and unimpressed with Phill sayin "ZooTV made more money in the world" .... With that attitude "Like it wasn't gonna be "

Last edited:
Mrs. Garrison said:

Not true. I couldnt believe the amount of young people at the u2 concert I saw in melbourne. You need to read the young u2 fans thread

Originally posted by david

I think it was the 1993 Billboard music awards

Absolutely right on that. :up:
This was one of the first segments (shown within the first 15 minutes or so) of the whole show !! :up:

I remember how Phil Collins seemed upset when Bono ignored him because Bono was supposedly answering a call on his cell phone from the former president, George Bush Sr. ... Bono commented how he was gonna help find him a job !! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom