A Sort of Homecoming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which version of "A Sort of Homecoming" do you prefer?

• UF Version

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • WAIA Version

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I love both!

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Um...Actually, I don't like either!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Which version do you like better, the album version from UF or the one from WAIA? I prefer the WAIA version. I was just listenign to it, actually, and it seems like I'm blown away every time I do. But I have heard other people here say that they like the UF version better. Discuss!

even though A Sort of Homecoming is my favourite U2 song I can't say I like the live version that much

all it's beauty is there on the Unforgettable Fire though

I love all versions. I would love to hear the one they played at Slane!

I usually listen to the WAIA version, but I love both. It's in my top 5 U2 songs.

Did you know the WAIA version isn't actually live? It was recorded at a soundcheck, and they put in the crowd sounds later.

corianderstem said:
I usually listen to the WAIA version, but I love both. It's in my top 5 U2 songs.

Did you know the WAIA version isn't actually live? It was recorded at a soundcheck, and they put in the crowd sounds later.

:yes: Yeah, I heard about that, but only recently...

U2Kitten said:
I would love to hear the one they played at Slane!
Just imagine the studio version if Bono forgot half the words.

The rest of the band was spot on, though.

The studio version is best, although I like the somewhat abbreviated EP version as well.

I have the Slane mp3 . . . it sounded good, although Bono's voice was pretty darned rough. Ah well, what else is new.

Incredible vocal performance on UF, though there seem to be some good live recordings out there. The live versions seem to cut a couple of the best parts of the song out.

U2Kitten said:
I love all versions. I would love to hear the one they played at Slane!

YES! The Slane version is awesome....though true about Bono's voice....but still great!

(and I voted for WAIA)

I love both versions, but I've heard live versions (real ones!) that I thought were better than the WAIA version--such as the one on the Unforgettable Night bootleg (from Italy). But I'd probably still give a bit of an edge to the UF version.

Back
Top Bottom