A Review Of The Best Of That Will REALLY Stir The Pot... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2002, 02:31 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 04:43 AM
I'm quite pissed off of the fan(s) who agreed with the reviewer that U2 "sold themselves out" (what the hell does this mean exactly?) and the "glory days" are behind them.

Am I the only one who thinks that ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour are just as good as AB and Zoo TV? It's like banging into walls here!

I'm pretty disapointed. I thought I'd come to this thread to see people viciously against the review. Did anyone ever consider supporting the Best Of 1990-2000 instead of bitching about it? It's like the fact that there were twice as many replies in the "Songs you hate" thread than the "Songs you love" thread.

I guess they didn't.

Old 10-22-2002, 02:52 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:43 PM
I agree that ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour were some of U2's best work. More people should be pissed about this article cause it's the typical anti-U2 fare, but the problem is lots of U2 fans don't like the band anymore, but try to convince themselves they do.
"Where's the rock?"
"Why aren't they experimenting?"
"They like America too much."
"What song do you kinda like?"

I'm glad I don't have to hang out w/ most of these people, cause I don't think they'd let you enjoy the music. Remember that little thing called music? nobody does.

Old 10-22-2002, 03:31 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
...but the problem is lots of U2 fans don't like the band anymore, but try to convince themselves they do.
Careful, I think you're teetering dangerously close to the truth with that statement.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:44 PM   #34
Banned

hey maybe u right , U2 , i still don't understand this new direction of the band , fuck it , it's not even new ! i don't give a fuck what " boyz " are saying now , you must judge the band , not by thier words only , but what they're speaking at the present time ( pop in 97 ) ( AB and Zooropa in 1992-94 ) , ( JT in 1987 etc etc ) . They became so light and extremely rich , so i can call it financial success , music is only the second matter , Tour , Album , all this promotion makes me vomit , i was attracted by U2 in 1997-99 by thier music , lyrics in different and very interesting mmod , and they trying to be in baby's shoes again ( talking about simplicity and Edge talking " WAR + AB " Fuck the past , you can't re-done this , you can't remix pop tunes , and if you doing this , this is called disrespect towards fans .
Old 10-22-2002, 05:32 PM   #35
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
I agree that ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour were some of U2's best work. More people should be pissed about this article cause it's the typical anti-U2 fare, but the problem is lots of U2 fans don't like the band anymore, but try to convince themselves they do.
"Where's the rock?"
"Why aren't they experimenting?"
"They like America too much."
"What song do you kinda like?"

I'm glad I don't have to hang out w/ most of these people, cause I don't think they'd let you enjoy the music. Remember that little thing called music? nobody does.
i would just like to point something out: If I say something like that or to that efect, that doesn't mean that I don't like them now! Elevation tour is, for me, far better than POP and very close to Zoo TV, but the music is not exciting to me as it used to be...
so If I say something like this than I'm some kind of trol? or what?
get over yourself and start to respect other people's opinion... I love U2 but on every album there is something that I don't like - should I keep my moth shut just so you don't get excited about it? I'm emidiatly a lesser fan?
I think that the guy who wrote that review is complexed and truboled a**holo, but I found some sentiments that I can share with him.... Is it so wrong?
Or do you feel hurt b/c a lot of people doesnt share your opinion? grow up...
and afther that post I'm glad that you wouldn't want to hang out with likes of me...

It's sad - not liking people only b/c of your difference in opinion about MUSIC. Yes it's MUSIC, it's not life or death, religion, politics... I bet you live in a narow society...

I'm rumbling
bye
Old 10-22-2002, 07:12 PM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 11:43 PM
I became a fan in 92 because of "Achtung Baby".

I was blown away by each of the 80's albums(and subsequent 90s output) as I bought them after I heard "Achtung Baby".

"All That You Can't Leave Behind" brought U2 a new audience, and gave us older fans some of their best work ever.

This "guy" is a fucking moron.

Thank you.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:53 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:43 PM

Obviously, this guy is an arrogant, ignorant, disrespectful little prick.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:39 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo
Obviously, this guy is an arrogant, ignorant, disrespectful little prick.
That's somewhat harsh.

I honestly can see where he is coming from, but I don't think he's thought out many of his points, as Salome has already pointed out. Also, his attitude kind of hinders whatever good intentions he has. He shoots his credibility away because of this, and also because - as has been pointed out - he hasn't actually listened to the disc. Also, his obvious manipulation tactics don't leave a good impression on me. He is pissed off, but I think he needs to be a bit more concrete as to why he is (for his sake as well as ours).
Old 10-22-2002, 10:37 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

wink

you people lose perspective so easily when it comes to u2.

its rather amusing. you hold u2 to untouchable hights, and cant stand any critism.

ofcourse this guy was a bit off, but the essense of what hes saying is right. u2 has sold out.

and dont even try to disagree with that.

you can try and try and try and forget about the target and best buy shananigans back a few months ago, but no matter how hard you try and forget about that, it still happened.

i still like u2, but i dont like their new fans. a bunch of loser matchbox twenty crybabies that dont know good music from their own ass.

*i was originally gonna edit the spelling, but i lost interest.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:21 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
That's somewhat harsh.
Yeah, you're prolly right... I just had to get that out.

Quote:
Nah... not really, not me at least.

I just felt that the critic was somewhat snobbish and pretentious.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:35 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm surprised that the writer didn't go ahead and review the next two or three U2 albums while he was at it... since he obviously has no problems reviewing the tracks he hasn't even heard yet,
Old 10-23-2002, 05:52 AM   #42
War Child

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
ofcourse this guy was a bit off, but the essense of what hes saying is right. u2 has sold out.

It seem that you need to re-invent yourself more than U2. As for I know U2 first sold out with Joshua Tree and then with every subsequent new album. So whats new about it, Mr Hitler??
Old 10-23-2002, 12:06 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

its rather amusing. you hold u2 to untouchable hights, and cant stand any critism.

you can try and try and try and forget about the target and best buy shananigans back a few months ago, but no matter how hard you try and forget about that, it still happened.

i still like u2, but i dont like their new fans. a bunch of loser matchbox twenty crybabies that dont know good music from their own ass.

*i was originally gonna edit the spelling, but i lost interest.
This is one of the funniest posts you've ever written Zoomerang. What's even funnier is the fact that "sold out" has a different defintinion depending on who you ask, and what's even funnier than that - the term "sold out" isn't even a part of U2's vocabulary! Honestly, they probably don't give it a moment's notice. For them, instead of using such terms, they use terms such as "self respect". U2 is a great band, but is also a corporation. Deal with it.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:57 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by ishkash

It seem that you need to re-invent yourself more than U2. As for I know U2 first sold out with Joshua Tree and then with every subsequent new album. So whats new about it, Mr Hitler??
ouch...that ones gonna cost ya.

you dont go around calling people hitler. ever. unless your refering to hitler. which you were not.

again im so sorry that i agree with what many other people are saying outside the friendly confines of interference...u2 has lost the plot with atyclb.

but back to that point ishkash, thats simply unnacceptable.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:00 PM   #45
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ishkash
So whats new about it, Mr Hitler??
ishkash, no name calling. Especially anything to do with Hitler and Nazi's.