A Review Of The Best Of That Will REALLY Stir The Pot...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm quite pissed off of the fan(s) who agreed with the reviewer that U2 "sold themselves out" (what the hell does this mean exactly?) and the "glory days" are behind them.

Am I the only one who thinks that ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour are just as good as AB and Zoo TV? It's like banging into walls here!

I'm pretty disapointed. I thought I'd come to this thread to see people viciously against the review. Did anyone ever consider supporting the Best Of 1990-2000 instead of bitching about it? It's like the fact that there were twice as many replies in the "Songs you hate" thread than the "Songs you love" thread.

I guess they didn't.

I agree that ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour were some of U2's best work. More people should be pissed about this article cause it's the typical anti-U2 fare, but the problem is lots of U2 fans don't like the band anymore, but try to convince themselves they do.
"Where's the rock?"
"Why aren't they experimenting?"
"They like America too much."
"What song do you kinda like?"

I'm glad I don't have to hang out w/ most of these people, cause I don't think they'd let you enjoy the music. Remember that little thing called music? nobody does.

hey maybe u right , U2 , i still don't understand this new direction of the band , fuck it , it's not even new ! i don't give a fuck what " boyz " are saying now , you must judge the band , not by thier words only , but what they're speaking at the present time ( pop in 97 ) ( AB and Zooropa in 1992-94 ) , ( JT in 1987 etc etc ) . They became so light and extremely rich , so i can call it financial success , music is only the second matter , Tour , Album , all this promotion makes me vomit , i was attracted by U2 in 1997-99 by thier music , lyrics in different and very interesting mmod , and they trying to be in baby's shoes again ( talking about simplicity and Edge talking " WAR + AB " Fuck the past , you can't re-done this , you can't remix pop tunes , and if you doing this , this is called disrespect towards fans .

MrBrau1 said:
I agree that ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour were some of U2's best work. More people should be pissed about this article cause it's the typical anti-U2 fare, but the problem is lots of U2 fans don't like the band anymore, but try to convince themselves they do.
"Where's the rock?"
"Why aren't they experimenting?"
"They like America too much."
"What song do you kinda like?"

I'm glad I don't have to hang out w/ most of these people, cause I don't think they'd let you enjoy the music. Remember that little thing called music? nobody does.

i would just like to point something out: If I say something like that or to that efect, that doesn't mean that I don't like them now! Elevation tour is, for me, far better than POP and very close to Zoo TV, but the music is not exciting to me as it used to be...
so If I say something like this than I'm some kind of trol? or what?
get over yourself and start to respect other people's opinion... I love U2 but on every album there is something that I don't like - should I keep my moth shut just so you don't get excited about it? I'm emidiatly a lesser fan?
I think that the guy who wrote that review is complexed and truboled a**holo, but I found some sentiments that I can share with him.... Is it so wrong?
Or do you feel hurt b/c a lot of people doesnt share your opinion? grow up...
and afther that post I'm glad that you wouldn't want to hang out with likes of me...

It's sad - not liking people only b/c of your difference in opinion about MUSIC. Yes it's MUSIC, it's not life or death, religion, politics... I bet you live in a narow society...

I'm rumbling
bye

I became a fan in 92 because of "Achtung Baby".

I was blown away by each of the 80's albums(and subsequent 90s output) as I bought them after I heard "Achtung Baby".

"All That You Can't Leave Behind" brought U2 a new audience, and gave us older fans some of their best work ever.

This "guy" is a fucking moron.

Thank you.

theSoulfulMofo said:
Obviously, this guy is an arrogant, ignorant, disrespectful little prick. :down:
That's somewhat harsh.

I honestly can see where he is coming from, but I don't think he's thought out many of his points, as Salome has already pointed out. Also, his attitude kind of hinders whatever good intentions he has. He shoots his credibility away because of this, and also because - as has been pointed out - he hasn't actually listened to the disc. Also, his obvious manipulation tactics don't leave a good impression on me. He is pissed off, but I think he needs to be a bit more concrete as to why he is (for his sake as well as ours).

you people lose perspective so easily when it comes to u2.

its rather amusing. you hold u2 to untouchable hights, and cant stand any critism.

ofcourse this guy was a bit off, but the essense of what hes saying is right. u2 has sold out.

and dont even try to disagree with that.

you can try and try and try and forget about the target and best buy shananigans back a few months ago, but no matter how hard you try and forget about that, it still happened.

i still like u2, but i dont like their new fans. a bunch of loser matchbox twenty crybabies that dont know good music from their own ass.

*i was originally gonna edit the spelling, but i lost interest. :sexywink:

Last edited:
That's somewhat harsh.

Yeah, you're prolly right... I just had to get that out.

Nah... not really, not me at least.

I just felt that the critic was somewhat snobbish and pretentious.

Zoomerang96 said:
ofcourse this guy was a bit off, but the essense of what hes saying is right. u2 has sold out.

It seem that you need to re-invent yourself more than U2. As for I know U2 first sold out with Joshua Tree and then with every subsequent new album. So whats new about it, Mr Hitler??

Zoomerang96 said:

its rather amusing. you hold u2 to untouchable hights, and cant stand any critism.

you can try and try and try and forget about the target and best buy shananigans back a few months ago, but no matter how hard you try and forget about that, it still happened.

i still like u2, but i dont like their new fans. a bunch of loser matchbox twenty crybabies that dont know good music from their own ass.

*i was originally gonna edit the spelling, but i lost interest. :sexywink:
This is one of the funniest posts you've ever written Zoomerang. What's even funnier is the fact that "sold out" has a different defintinion depending on who you ask, and what's even funnier than that - the term "sold out" isn't even a part of U2's vocabulary! Honestly, they probably don't give it a moment's notice. For them, instead of using such terms, they use terms such as "self respect". U2 is a great band, but is also a corporation. Deal with it. :sexywink:

Last edited:
ishkash said:

It seem that you need to re-invent yourself more than U2. As for I know U2 first sold out with Joshua Tree and then with every subsequent new album. So whats new about it, Mr Hitler??

ouch...that ones gonna cost ya.

you dont go around calling people hitler. ever. unless your refering to hitler. which you were not.

again im so sorry that i agree with what many other people are saying outside the friendly confines of interference...u2 has lost the plot with atyclb.

but back to that point ishkash, thats simply unnacceptable.

Zoomerang is 300000000% right , U2 are sold out , by licking ass of a dollar bill , going back to light religious " POLITICAL -CORRECT " rock , Bono has no voice , his last real attempts to sing in 1997 were terrible , but of course magic studio will do this for him as it did in 1997 , 1998-2002 -20** . :censored: :yes: :yes:

pinkfloyd said:
Zoomerang is 300000000% right , U2 are sold out , by licking ass of a dollar bill , going back to light religious " POLITICAL -CORRECT " rock , Bono has no voice , his last real attempts to sing in 1997 were terrible , but of course magic studio will do this for him as it did in 1997 , 1998-2002 -20** . :censored: :yes: :yes:
If they can't do any right, why have you decided to remain a fan, then?

There is no plot. They're a band who make records, good records. You people think to much. All bands are sold out- Beatles, Zeppelin, Stones, Who, Pink Floyd, REM, Nirvana-the list goes on forever. You want integrity go listen to Fugazi.

HHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

It's my own business then mf .
who said i'm a fan ??? , i like thier music , some part of it at least.
U2 are a good band , but i have a lot of other things to do , watch , listen , lick in my life . but to get them on untouchable list or something , is not right , and many fans are doing this here .
if any reviewer begins to critize album , song by U2 , that's it there is no way that "fans" will listen to it , they will say F- words and stuff . Take Pleba , Larry is an arse drummer with no music hearing , but don't worry , soon enough U2 will look like Rod Steward and Pleba girls will be there .

:p :wave: :lol: :lol: :censored: :evil:

Madcap of laughs

MrBrau1 said:
There is no plot. They're a band who make records, good records. You people think to much. All bands are sold out- Beatles, Zeppelin, Stones, Who, Pink Floyd, REM, Nirvana-the list goes on forever. You want integrity go listen to Fugazi.

well , why PF are sold out ???? All thier albums ( except for a few first ones ) and you can't really compare Beatles , Floyd , The Who , Stones with U2 , it's different classes , MUN , Pink Floyd do not need any videos on tv , they don't need bestbuy banners or to wear new glasses and speak the right words in the camera each time , Pink Floyd can play thier instruments , all members could add music to thier albums .
Beatles were never sold out , yes from SGt Pepper , Mccartney was the guy behind the wheel , so what , they disbanded soon enough .
Rolling Stones released " Bridges To BabyLon " album full of great new rocking tunes , no sold out either .

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :censored: :evil:

I saw a late nite tv ad for PF Greates Hits. That means they "lick ass of dollar bill." Have been shit since Waters left. Gilmore milking the name for every cent. Who/Zeppelin have ad on car commercial-they now "lick ass of dollar bill." U2 sold out by playing super bowl, well so did Paul, so now Beatles are tainted. REM-song in computer advert, now they "lick ass of dollar bill." Stones did special on 90210 years back, now they "lick ass of dollar bill."Nirvana are releasing greatest hits, which means thay "lick ass of dollar bill."

Tool's "Hooker w/ A Penis"

"All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one. All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar So ... Shut up and Buy my new record Send more money Fuck you, buddy."

keep shit stir

Fuck Paul he's not with the Beatles any more .
Fuck Waters he's thinking way too much of himself .
Release of GH compilation is not a sold out , but to tour 75 % in one country and then to call it a World Tour , have you ever listened to Division Bell , NO ? then STFU , it's a great work with Wright And Gilmour excellent tunes .
To make tunes much lighter and to invite producers of Madonna instead of Producers of Smashing Pumkins is a sold out .

:tongue: :lol: :lol: :mad: :mad:

Orbit also worked with Blur, Cure, Depeche Mode and Peter Gabriel. All you know of is Madonna. Division Bell sucks. F-ing concept albums. A Floyd fan bashing U2? You should know better.
And have U2 already worked with Pumpkins producers (Flood, Butch Vig)

Zoomerang96 said:
i cant believe noone cares that i was just called mr. hitler...

Truthfully, I don't think that all this throwing around of Hitler is acceptable in the slightest. What does it really do to contribute to the debate at all? No, all it does is openly dismiss whomever is called "Hitler" and to immediately label that person as wholly incorrect. It falls under the semiotical distinction of "mythic speech," which is just a fancy little term for "propaganda," and really is more of a bad reflection on whomever uttered the insult.

Really...I know these kinds of debates get impassioned, and I'm sure it wasn't meant literally; but it is still never acceptable.

My two cents...

Melon

i agree with melon. it's absolutely ridiculous that people are allowed to use terms like nazi and hitler so casually. it's completely unacceptable and i've been seeing an awful lot of it around here lately.

Back
Top Bottom