A question for all the mods...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I guess each of you has a school/job responsibility in addition to "moding" this site.

(hmmm-is moding an actual word? LOL, i'm not sure)

So-how do your superiors/authority figures in real life feel about your job here? (do they know you do extra work?)?
Do you ever have any problems dealing with them?

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

Hee hee.

Um.. well.. most of my real life friends/family really dont understand what I'm talking about when I say I'm a moderator at a U2 message board.

So, yeah.

I'll answer your question when I become a mod someday.

------------------
New And Improved!

OMG! So that's what "mod" means...
biggrin.gif

LOL
Txs for clarifying that!

BTW: U2girl, I believe the correct word is "moderating".
smile.gif

OMG! Elvis said my name LMAO!

what do mods do when they're not here?
do you have beepers that alert you to possibly offensive posts?
smile.gif

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

Oh yeah! My boss (also my bf) and I always argue because I spend almost the entire day refreshing and refreshing the PLEBA forum. Not to mention he fumes when he sees the sexay and suggestive piccies of Bono.

But now we made an agreement: I will only visit internet on my lunch breaks. *yeah right
rolleyes.gif
*. hehe... If he only knew that right now I'm here...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*God sometimes closes the doors you use. But in another place, he opens new ones ready for you to discover. ~ Unknown

~No one is blinder than me~

Originally posted by Ana:
OMG! So that's what "mod" means...
biggrin.gif

LOL
Txs for clarifying that!

BTW: U2girl, I believe the correct word is "moderating".
smile.gif

LOL ROTF, refreshing forums by posting pics a lot is NOT moderating!

Neither is posting a lot.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for clearing the words up for me. I thought "moding" was a bit strange to be right.
smile.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:
what do mods do when they're not here?
do you have beepers that alert you to possibly offensive posts?
smile.gif

I think at least one mod is always around here.

LOL, those beepers would go off all the time!

mod 1:"It's mine."

mod 2"I'm telling you, it's MINE!"

mod 3"Shut up so we can hear...yup, it's mine."

mod 4"I think i know my beeper when i hear it!"

mod 5"Oh knock it off. I'm the only one that really gets beeped around here."

all 5 after 10 minutes or so"AAAAAARGH!" (that's right, they can't figure out who's turn it is. since everyone wants to work, they all run at the same time, pushing and shoving because only one can be the first at the forum to fix things)

*insert moderator names at your own choice*

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-27-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
I think at least one mod is always around here.

LOL, those beepers would go off all the time!

mod 1:"It's mine."

mod 2"I'm telling you, it's MINE!"

mod 3"Shut up so we can hear...yup, it's mine."

mod 4"I think i know my beeper when i hear it!"

mod 5"Oh knock it off. I'm the only one that really gets beeped around here."

all 5 after 10 minutes or so"AAAAAARGH!" (that's right, they can't figure out who's turn it is. since everyone wants to work, they all run at the same time, pushing and shoving because only one can be the first at the forum to fix things)

*insert moderator names at your own choice*

Umm...Yeah.

CK

So-how do your superiors/authority figures in real life feel about your job here?
I usually don't check the forum much when at work

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
stop being such an arse.

not necessary.

What are you talking about? I don't think anyone is being an arse in this thread. Everything is pretty calm and nice as far as the discussion goes...

considering that I work at a coffee shop, always on my feet and not occupying any office space, I never get online while at work... and when I actually do find a time to be around here these days, my parents know of my involvement... my dad even skims the board now and then (not for double posts, lol, just for up-to-date U2 info) and if they say something like "time to get off-line soon" then I give them the "but... I've been working non-stop... and need to unwind" speech
biggrin.gif

Thankyou Slomey and Acro. Maja, it most definately was't directed at you. You know I like your threads!

But like you said, things are going well in here so I'll leave it. Just wanted you to know I didn't mean you!

smile.gif

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Thankyou Slomey and Acro. Maja, it most definately was't directed at you. You know I like your threads!

But like you said, things are going well in here so I'll leave it. Just wanted you to know I didn't mean you!

smile.gif

That's ok, i didn't think it was meant to be about me anyway. I was just curious as to who inspired the "arse" comment, that's all.

That's ok, i didn't think it was meant to be about me anyway. I was just curious as to who inspired the "arse" comment, that's all.

I think it was meant for TheU2, even though I don't see anything he said that would make him an "arse". I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by mikal:
I think it was meant for TheU2, even though I don't see anything he said that would make him an "arse". I could be wrong though.

What the hell is an arse, a hoarse donkey?

CK

Back
Top Bottom