9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DignityPassesBy said:
and i think that song 4 is the same as the other video clip that was released a couple of days ago

Yeah, I was referring to that one. it fits in perfectly musically.

Axver said:

OK, so it's Beatles, Bon Jovi, or Christian soft rock. I love this place. :huh:
Don't forget Kelly Clarkson :shh:

And I just took off my headphones and put them up, but I think I'm gonna have to get them back up and listen through these again. I may try expanding on bcrt's transcriptions.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Don't forget Kelly Clarkson :shh:

virginwideweb430x2830xc6.jpg

NAHHHHHHHH, KELLY CLARKSON!

Song 1:
-----------

Oh my life (inaudible) was walking in my hope
And I want to tell you what I wanted most
All the walking out, the leaving out, I know
I'll be (inaudible) in the places (inaudible) you are
I'll be leaving you, you leave (inaudible)
Give me love tonight, bleeding in the night
And I.... always want to fight

I think that's as close as I'm gonna get on that one. It smells a bit Achtung Baby to me though. At least it seems to more about a strained relationship between a man and a woman, than about God.

it's taken me all night to get thru 17 pages :happy:
Have played the clips over and over, happily. Liking 1 & 3.
My first summer beach clip experience :hyper:

OMG!!!!!!! :hyper:

New U2 :hyper:

This songs are so :drool: and Edge's solo, sounds so different for Edge reminds me of the Blues. Maybe this is the solo Bono was talking about in Rattle and Hum before they cut to that other solo in Silver and Gold :wink:

what the hell does this band have to do to please some people? its constantly the same people complaining about the same thing over and over, about how THEY dont like the style U2 have taken too, whos to say that the isnt the music the BAND themselves want to make?

and this is just after hearing samples of POSSIBLE songs, god help they when/if they do release and album/single

it's fairly simple: apparently if the band doesn't make the music some people want them to make this means that U2 is not making the music the band wants to make but are selling out to Britney Spears fans

doesn't stop me from enjoying these 9 minutes of U2 very much
I'd even say it sounds extremely promising (more so every time I listen to it)

KUEFC09U2 said:
what the hell does this band have to do to please some people? its constantly the same people complaining about the same thing over and over, about how THEY dont like the style U2 have taken too, whos to say that the isnt the music the BAND themselves want to make?

and this is just after hearing samples of POSSIBLE songs, god help they when/if they do release and album/single

On a similar note, what does this forum have to post to please you?

Axver said:

On a similar note, what does this forum have to post to please you?
oh come on axver you really get enjoyment seeing the same people post the same critisisims time after time? seemingly just to get a rise out of people? ye maybe i am in the wrong for trying to defend the band all the time, but thats just me, also my post is pretty similar to one you posted earlier on in the thread, so whats the problem?

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
oh come on axver you really get enjoyment seeing the same people post the same critisisims time after time? seemingly just to get a rise out of people? ye maybe i am in the wrong for trying to defend the band all the time, but thats just me, also my post is pretty similar to one you posted earlier on in the thread, so whats the problem?

I get sick of the same people posting the same boring nonsense, which is why I slagged off shaun vox and ponkine for posting what they always say.

But if people don't like it and can actually express it properly rather than just reeling off the same tired lines, I'm cool with that. My posts about "it sounds like the Be atles, Bon Jovi, and Christian soft rock" are my amusement that different people here could hear the same song as sounding like three totally separate things.

And U2 don't need to please anyone here. If U2 are making the music they want to make, who gives a shit if some people here hate it?

Axver said:

I get sick of the same people posting the same boring nonsense, which is why I slagged off shaun vox and ponkine for posting what they always say.

But if people don't like it and can actually express it properly rather than just reeling off the same tired lines, I'm cool with that. My posts about "it sounds like the Be atles, Bon Jovi, and Christian soft rock" are my amusement that different people here could hear the same song as sounding like three totally separate things.

And U2 don't need to please anyone here. If U2 are making the music they want to make, who gives a shit if some people here hate it?
:up: fair point

I'm probably the only one, but does anyone else get a SYCMIOYO vibe during the solo in song 1, I love the first song btw, one of the better U2 songs I have heard

I realized a long time ago that U2 will never again make music like my favourite band. These clips confirm that, why the hell they do what they want to do?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Aren't they supposed to listen to us, the fans, comply with our wishes, suffice our cravings, take our opinions on which music direction to take? Least they can do is make an effort. After all I am fan :wink:

ishkash said:

Aren't they supposed to listen to us, the fans, comply with our wishes, suffice our cravings, take our opinions on which music direction to take? Least they can do is make an effort. After all I am fan :wink:

People wanted U2 to go in a new direction... these 4 songs *do* represent a new direction. I'm sure people who hated X&Y won't appreciate this album though.

bcrt2000 said:
I'm sure people who hated X&Y won't appreciate this album though.

:huh:

OK, now this new stuff sounds like the Beatles, Bon Jovi, Christian soft rock, and will be X&Y Part II.

If I were a comedian, I'd just read Interference to get my material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom