9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the chorus of Song 3 , sounds bit like Velvet of Aha , if u go on a acoustic definitely , after all , Velvet was like C-G-Dm-F .....

Wonders if U2 has been listening to A-ha recently :hmm:

Lot of people here will laugh or go :eyebrow: at this :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

It already happened after the 276th performance of Fix You.

He tried hitting that "cat screeching a chalkboard" note and blammo, the front row got some fresh cerebrum stew.

And after he got it repaired, it happened again. On the 280th performance of Fix You, right when Buckland plays that crappy one-string guitar solo that all the swooning girls are impressed with, it just popped. Not sure why. It might be because of how horrible it was, or possibly because of how good it was. If that's the case, he has pretty low expectations of his band's guitarist. :huh:

discothequeLP said:
uh-oh . . .

speaking of chord progessions, Song 3 has that wonderful D, A, G, Em :huh:

You mean in open chords ..... guess in another tune

Not sure but , specially coz I'm a bit sleepy here , shouldn't be D - A - Em - G

Last edited:
discothequeLP said:
uh-oh . . .

speaking of chord progessions, Song 3 has that wonderful D, A, G, Em :huh:

Actually, I thought it had a fairly eccentric chord progression, reminded me of Radiohead when I heard its first notes. :hmm:

I must admit though, when I saw them live back in...whenever the hell I saw them live, Square One totally rocked opening the show. And White Shadows is still pretty entertaining.

Lancemc said:
I must admit though, when I saw them live back in...whenever the hell I saw them live, Square One totally rocked opening the show. And White Shadows is still pretty entertaining.

Yeah, X&Y starts off pretty great. I enjoy 4 out of the first 5 songs (that one I dislike being Fix You, of course)...but after Talk...eh. It falls apart.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, X&Y starts off pretty great. I enjoy 4 out of the first 5 songs (that one I dislike being Fix You, of course)...but after Talk...eh. It falls apart.

I loved X&Y at first.

Now I can't even give that sucker away.

I'm getting greedy, where's the 18 minute clip :drool::hyper::bonodrum:

Most of what I'm hearing sounds like a progression of the last 2 albums, which is a bit dissappointing since I'd hoped they might change it up..The first song is different though, I'd advise them to pursue that sound more. The last song sounds intriguing from what little I can hear, but the other two are a bit Christian-rock as some have said (still, we don't what will make the album so I am not too concerned at this stage).

All my life I've been waiting for the moment I live? The moment I live...(guitar solo)

LemonMelon said:

I honestly couldn't name any songs from the rest of the album. :| It's certainly no Parachutes, and not even close to Rush of Blood. Those first two albums were so good. *sigh* Oh well, maybe next time.

:drool:

Now this was great to come home to. I really like the first and the third pieces. Perhaps we'll have a single out in Sept. to help push the book, DVD and tour. :hmm:

J_NP said:

I would put money that is a Dm , not sure bout the last being a G , gotta hear it again

But man , really the Verse prog is pretty great , it's fantastic actually , anyone with a acoustic or a elec guitar , go try it out now , it does sounds fantastic

I'm officially excited :drool:

OK, here's an update on the chords.

Verse - C, G, Dm, G -then- C, G, F, Dm

Guitar solo - C, A# over and over

Lyric snippet comparison
:huh:

Song #3:
-----------
All my life I've been waiting for
This moment I'm in

Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This
---------------------------------------------
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this

ntalwar said:
Lyric snippet comparison
:huh:

Song #3:
-----------
All my life I've been waiting for
This moment I'm in

Kelly Clarkson's A Moment Like This
---------------------------------------------
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this

Please don't do that. :no:

I'm sort of starting to like "Thank You For The Day". There's some sublime melodies in the song. Just the verse is a bit mundane. :drool:

I keep thinking that damn, they must be playing this music really loud for all these beach clips to emerge...kinda thinking that it might be intentional (I'm looking at you, Bono) to get a little feedback from us...

Code:
Song #3 ('All My Life'?) -- Tabbed by DiscothequeLP

Tuned half a step down. 

Verse 1:

D A A# F C

Dm D A A# F C (i think they throw in a D, A here)

D A A# F C

Dm D A A# F C

Chorus:

D A E A
                  2x
D A G F#m E        

Verse 2:

D A A# F C

Dm D A A# F C

Chorus again, then. . .

C chord before the solo:

Solo:

eb|-----------------------------------------------
bb|-13b15--13-------------------------------------
gb|------------12----12b14--12---10---------------
db|-----------------------------------12--10--12--
ab|-----------------------------------------------
Eb|-----------------------------------------------

eb|---------------------------------------------
bb|-13b15--13-----------------------------------
gb|------------12--12b14r12--10------------10b--
db|------------------------------12p10h12-------
ab|---------------------------------------------
Eb|---------------------------------------------

eb|----------------------------------------13-13-13--
bb|----------------------------------13h15-----------
gb|----------10b------------10h12/14-----------------
db|-12-10h12------12p10h12---------------------------
ab|--------------------------------------------------
Eb|--------------------------------------------------

eb|--------------------------------------------------
bb|-13--13b15--r13------------15-13b15---------------
gb|-----------------12-12/15------------12h14-14-10--
db|--------------------------------------------------
ab|--------------------------------------------------
Eb|--------------------------------------------------

eb|----------------
bb|----------------
gb|----------------
db|-12--10--12-12--
ab|----------------
Eb|----------------

emperor12ec5.jpg

The Emperor: It was *I* who allowed Interference to know the location of the beach clips. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band.

Ok finally read through the whole thread and...

:combust:

Ok done with that

This sounds great to me, I really like it and am enjoying this since I wasn't around for the original beach clips :(

I just think I might go insane if I hear Thank You again because it def. sounds like a song I know, I just cant remember enough of the lyrics to look up the name :sigh: oh well

And I wish I knew Fix You so I could laugh harder at these conversations because I'm already laughing and I don't know the song

bono_212 said:
And I wish I knew Fix You so I could laugh harder at these conversations because I'm already laughing and I don't know the song

Just stick your head in the nearest toilet :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom