9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KUEFC09U2 wrote: didnt say it was, but coldplays music is classed as mainly being in the same vein as the TUF to many,
...but not to me. there is something in their polished and calculated sound that i can't stand, let alone the whining way of singing and the imo(!) strange behaviour of chrissy martin...what a wanker he is.
...and here we are back at current U2 again...imo their last two albums have a similar way to polish up the sound like coldplay did before. its just a bit too aseptic. probably ior perhabs its the fault of the production team. i just wish they try out a rawer sound for their next album.

This may have been posted already (i'm not going to check the previous 25 pages), but in the third song it sounds like at the end, after the guitar solo, Bono gets into it as he's listening to it. Like he shouts and claps or something.

What do you think?

1: pretty interesting. ES-like around the 1:25 mark. Love the "a-ha a-ha a-ha" (or is it "up" "up" "up"?) around 1:33. My favourite, folowed closely by -

2: Nice! I like piano in U2's songs, Bono sounds great and from the poppy start it turns more epic soon enough. Some nice falsetto.

3: I like the solo but apart from that "All my life" doesn't do much for me. Very single-like, sing-along chorus. "Go, Edge go"!

4: eh, too short to really make out anything.

:up: the "more of ATYCLB/Bomb/Coldplay" bashing already begun.

Last edited:
does make me laugh, that just because certain people dont like the genre of music U2 are into at the minute (and who's to say what the other songs on any album would sound like?)right away start classing it as "dad rock", litreally just because they dont like it, they slag of an entire genre of music

Back to guitar discussions ..... Anyone musician or with a good ear , do we agree that on the 3rd song , Edge is using his Epiphone Cassino (AKA the ABOY live song , Crumbs , OOTS electric .... )

I would bet 1 dollar on it :hmm:

coemgen said:
This may have been posted already (i'm not going to check the previous 25 pages), but in the third song it sounds like at the end, after the guitar solo, Bono gets into it as he's listening to it. Like he shouts and claps or something.

What do you think?

I think what you're hearing is the noise from the people gathered on the beach. I'd hoot and holler if I were there.

Remember, U2 love to change things around...these are great recordings, but we can probably expect a lot of addition or subtraction in the final mix...

The boys always make things better// Even better than the real thing//

Oh, did that full 18 minutes show up yet?

At best, these are rough cuts of the songs.

At worst, they are fake songs designed to thwart tapers - i.e. I'm sure U2 learned from the prior beach taping and stealing of CD.

I doubt they are fake... imagine if they put that much effort in producing something real?!

These songs typify that which is U2; creativity and exploration...

Dreaming it all up again//

Can someone tell me how songs 1 and 3 are any different than HTDAAB? I am not being antagonistic, I actually want to know.

Yeah Edge's guitar solo from track 3 is something you don't really hear a whole lot of...from him at least. Could definitely use some lengthening. Overall I thought this material was good, although it isn't really proper to judge right now with the poor quality and incomplete nature of the songs...

Please don't flame me :)

I don't like it...for me there was nothing interesting and I see the final lp in the ATYCLB/HTDAAAB/?? trilogy, which means that I'll listen to the album first 10 days every day and than I'll put it back on the rotation 5 days before the potential gig that I'll be attending...

I depressed because I can't get the excitement from their new music... damn... :)

bsp77 said:
Can someone tell me how songs 1 and 3 are any different than HTDAAB? I am not being antagonistic, I actually want to know.

They don't sound any different to me based on that clip, but it's still too early to judge. We're missing background stuff in those songs thanks to the quality of the audio.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Shouldn't you tell us how they do?

Well, I don't think they do (besides the solo). But others seem to think they are doing something different and I want to know why.

However, I am not reading much into these anyway. Who knows how far along in the process they are. But I am very happy that they exist.

:ohmy: Wow, some of those melodies were pretty good. :drool:

I liked all three "songs", good quality. Edge's guitar on the first one was pretty nice, slightly eerie, I like it, and I loved the little solo on the last one. I thought that the piano (second song) reminded a bit much of The Hands That Built America. The vocal melody on that one was nice, it reminded me of the Bee Gees (that's good). It's all very good, nothing great but nothing bad. The only thing that bothers me is that those songs are mid tempo, almost slow. U2 already has a whole lot of those songs that way, I hope they don't deliver an entire album in that speed. It's all very U2ish so it scares me that they may be starting to sound too cliché with their own sound. Still I like what I hear and I hope all other beach clips to come are this long and rich!

The songs sound so Beatles-like. To be honest I was hoping for a darker album that sounded more like Electrical Storm and Mercy this time. This is the sad part of hearing songs early, I'm already concerned about an album that won't come out for who know how long. Maybe the people who recorded this stuff just caught U2 on a "happy" day.

U2dork said:
*head explodes*

Look, I like Coldplay, but I'm with Axver on being sick of the constant comparisons, most of which are completely unfounded. I think some people on this forum are harboring secret man-crushes on Chris Martin the way they protest Coldplay's music so much.

:yes: :lmao: :lmao: man-crushes!!!!!! :lol: :giggle:

everyone is jumping to conclusions WAY Too early...

take a few seconds and relax...when the new album comes, it will be just fine...

If the "trilogy theory" is true, then the album won't be that far off from what we've already heard...

If it's a new direction, or spin on the U2 sound...then let it be! Have some excitement that the boys are making music that sounds great unlike other artists that " Rot your teeth" as the B-man puts it...

It's fun to talk about new material but never get discouraged by it...because we'll all be screaming our lungs out when it comes on the radio or when we hear it live//

seems to be getting better with every listen, but i still cant figure where the clocks comparrison comes in?

macfesto said:

If the "trilogy theory" is true, then the album won't be that far off from what we've already heard...

In the HTDAAB Grammy press conference(I believe), Bono said something like "That was a pair of albums". So I don't expect part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom