9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bcrt2000 said:

I never said I liked Nickelback (okay well I liked them up until Chad Kroeger released "Hero", after that all of their songs sounded the same), but there are people that do like Nickelback a lot. Their songs are even played during Hockey Night in Canada (the main one being the cover of "Saturday nights alright for fighting), and HNIC is the national pride of Canada, so I'm sure if people hated them, there'd be a strong reaction and they'd stop playing Nickelback songs.

I'm just screwing around, don't take me seriously. But there are certainly a lot of people in the US that think they are the epitome of what's wrong with music.

I really, REALLY like this clip more and more

I thought Bomb lacked a certain something
and these clips please me a lot

I've contacted the guy that I think has the 18+ minute clip to offer hosting for the file. Hopefully he'll respond with it :)

Awesome songs. :drool: All 4. U2 are into melodies these days, people, which is brilliant. I hear Beatles and McCartney all over the two last ones. Number 3 is gonna be a HUGE hit. Cannot wait to hear this one with some proper production. Thanks to the taper.

I just woke up and wow, what a surprise! :ohmy: The first song is the best so far, no doubt, I wish this one is the rumoured new single! I agree that Thank You (i guess that's the title) has Seal's Kiss From a Rose feeling. The third song sounds promising, but needs a lot of work, I don't want it to become too much "poppy", as it sounds at this stage. For the fourth song I don't really care, it's too short to judge anything.

But after all, I'm sure these songs will sound nothing like now when/if they will be released. It feels this is an early stage of recording. Just compare Salome Outtakes with Achtung Baby for example :huh: Or even HTDAAB beach clips with the final product. And you can be sure about one thing, what will happen here on interference when the new album leaks/hits the shops:
in the beginning 99% of interferencers (the other 1% - Shaun Vox) will praise the new material, calling it the REAL third masterpiece. THEN the bashers will come and post thousands times in every topic how much current U2 sucks and how they miss the glory days, whenever they were...

i'm really getting annoyed with all the this Coldplay stuff. Is this all we're gonna have in the run up to this new album? Doesn't anybody have any other reference points?

we're gonna get people on here from Coldplay's forum getting immenese pleasure from all this crap.

Remember that Coldplay were the new Radiohead apparently...

Coldplay were the first band to play the piano ballad. "Clocks" was a complete revolution in 2002, when it was the first recorded song to feature piano as the lead melody instrument. It's part of the enormous impact Coldplay have had on music.

And don't worry interferers. I'm sure U2 are working with samplers and drum machines, getting ready to put together some "experimental" music. There's a rumor the voice distortion is back. How's that for alternative? Pitchfork is gonna love this new album. Those bedhead haircut kids love music on the "Edge" (Haha the Edge, get it!)

Zooropean103 said:

But after all, I'm sure these songs will sound nothing like now when/if they will be released. It feels this is an early stage of recording. Just compare Salome Outtakes with Achtung Baby for example :huh: Or even HTDAAB beach clips with the final product. And you can be sure about one thing, what will happen here on interference when the new album leaks/hits the shops:

You are absolutly right! I remember hearing the Salome Outtakes before AB came out, and what a chok that was.. AB was by far better than the Outtakes was hinting at. I wouldn't put any more into these clips than the Outtakes. These clips sound quality isn't even near the quality form the Outtakes, so it is very hard to judge anything by the clips, maybe even unfair. Though they are interesting.

jacobus wrote earlier today: from 1:20-1:35 the guitar chords remind me on HMTMKMKM
from 2:50-5:25 its alot of THANK YOU...thats perhaps their final statement on their very last album? the singing reminds me alot on coldplay.
after that "all my life i am waiting for..." sounds like a stadium- anthem. great solo by the edge from 7:28-7:44 and at the end of that song. that solo reminds me of the solo of the rolling stones 'GIMME SHELTER'
after repeatedly listening i must say that part 1 is a hybrid of WALK ON / HMTMKMKM,
part 2 (thank you) is lame and whining coldplay music :down:,
part 3 sounds too much stadium rock but i like the GIMME SHELTERish solo. please forgive me quoting myself and please forgive me the bashing...but i deeply fear that these songs go the same lame direction like the most stuff out of the last two albums.
sometimes i wish i would live in pre-internet times. no beach clips and leaked songs...only the day of truth at the release of the finished product

You know, the only thing more whiny than a Coldplay song are those who whine about whiny Coldplay songs.

What a cycle. :rolleyes:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

So you are going to speak for all music listeners because of you and your friends?:huh:

It is alas, true, in my experience as well - with the teens-20s people I come in contact with. Most people 30+ do know U2 though, but a lot of people of all ages don't know Radiohead...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I love how a song thanking someone over and over is considered whining.:lol:

You really need to work on your bashing.

"Thank You" is a complete rip off of Led Zeppelin.

This will mark the second time U2 have ripped-off hard rock Gods.

The first being their note for note theivery of "One" from Metallica.

PlaTheGreat wrote: You know, the only thing more whiny than a Coldplay song are those who whine about whiny Coldplay songs.
i like your theory
but i don't like U2 tryin' to sound like lame coldplay
i wanna hear a U2 thankyou song in the way like WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM:sexywink:
bring back the rock and stop the whining pop...alright?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom