3 Minutes of Live Heaven: WUDM or Zooropa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
We all know how great Wake Up Dead Man is live...especially from Slane Castle?

But how does it compare to Zooropa live?

I'll have to say Zooropa takes the cake. Easily. Played way to often (5 times total), we need to hear way more of this song live!

What do you think?

The Slane version of WUDM takes it to a new level. Bono's vocal is VERY engaging and emotive.

Zooropa is one of my favorite U2 songs. I think the live version was good, and they gave up on it way to fast.

I wish they'd do a full band WUDM ... I'm yet to hear Zooropa live, though I shall very soon.

I haven't heard Zooropa live... maybe because the only ZooTV show i have is the Sydney one. Anyway... I imagine it'll be great IF it's full-band, personally I'm not a big fan of the "jam session" bits!!

I'm going to say Zooropa b/c I love that song and WUDM depresses the hell out of me and I don't really care for it at all, live or album.

I guess I'am in the minority here as I dont think either are all that great live. Wake Up Dead Man could be interesting if it was done full band, but its still not one of my favorite songs by any means.

Zooropa is a song I like quite a bit. But it just didnt work live. There was just to much going on with the recorded version to try to capture live. They couldnt get the timing down on it and listening to the versions they played they were very shaky and lacked life IMO. Its placement in the setlist also made the show awkward. This is why they dropped it. Its why Babyface was eventually dropped also although they didnt give up on it as quickly.

I didn't even know that the band played Zooropa live (or babyface for that matter). I'd personally like to hear Zooropa live as oppossed to WUDM in it's current live form (w/ Edge and Bono only). Full band version of WUDM, that's another story.

I've just uploaded the 3 performances of Zooropa (they only ever attempted it 3 times!) to my other site http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/u2_england/ for fans to judge the live versions of this classic studio track for themselves.

They are all audience recordings with the 2 Wembley versions having good sound quality, but Glasgow suffers from distortion and clipping - I received that bootleg in a trade so it's not down to my converting it whereas I have the Wembley shows on pressed discs.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom