3 beautiful Bono songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Dreaming W/ Tears in My Eyes
That's Life
If You Wear That Velvet Dress w/ Jools Holland

If you question whether the man has lost his voice, listen to these 3 BEAUTIFUL songs. This is the same man who sang "I Will Follow"? Awesome. Oh, and for power, listen to these 3:

Kite
Electrical Storm
The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Still no better singer in rock. Thom Yorke has a chance, if he stops being so "anti" everything. And Mike Stipe.:wink:

MrBrau1 said:

Kite
Electrical Storm
The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Still no better singer in rock. Thom Yorke has a chance, if he stops being so "anti" everything. And Mike Stipe.:wink:

I agree with those three, but not about Yorke and Stipe. :barf: to them both, sorry :(

My favorite "Bono's Voice" tunes are:

Promenade
Velvet Dress Jools Holland
The Hands That Built America

I'm most fond of Bono's voice pre-JT and post-Zooropa.

MrBrau1 said:

I couldn't name 3 favorite Bono songs but I don't agree with this. Yorke (one of the few high male voices I can tolerate, along with Chris Martin) or Stipe (I don't mind his voice) aren't even close to Bono when it comes to range/emotions.

Don't forget North & South of the River. Some of the falsettos in that song are amazing for a little white guy from Dublin

i have tried to post response in this thread 3 times today. i truly cannot decide on 3, but Mr. Brau I agree, he has lost nothing. For me, Bono has an easier time conveying sesuallity (not that he ever had a problem :drool: ) with the his voice now. I :heart: your choices.

I would add
Summer Wine:faint: :faint:
stateless
in the name of the father
two shots....

:wink: I couldn't possibly think of just 3
songs. I have this "selective" hearing issue though. See, I'm completey deaf in
one hear. That makes it hard to hear alot.....especially music in stores, etc. BUT......I always know when U2 is on, because, for some reason, I always can hear Bono's voice. I truly think he has the most passionate, impressive, sometimes aggressive, and other times a soothing voice.......... And, I think I've "gotten In Tune" with it........

By the way, that's a title song. Just for
the fun of it, does anyone know which song and what band that lyric came from?

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Hmm...just 3 favorites??? OK, the one's that REALLLLY do it for me are:
WOWY
Your Blue Room (hence, my screen name! :wink: )
Hawkmoon 269
Mmmmmmm - I just get a massive case of the warm/fuzzies just thinking about his voice on those........ :combust:

im really fond of his seconds voice, such a huge surprise the way that sounds

it takes a second to say goodbye, say goodbye,
say bye bye - where are you going to now?

awesome stuff man :wink:

Last edited:
Hey U2junkie!

Im the same as you.....Im completely deaf in one ear too so yeah I know the feeling when I know when U2 is on whether on the radio, in the music stores, at the pubs or even at nightclubs! Its something to do with listening to it again and again so Bono's beautiful voice is very much etched on my mind wherever I go!

Anyway, like most of you, I couldnt just put down what I think is 3 most beautiful Bono songs as there are so many great ones! I could go along with Wear That Velvet Dress but Id prefer the likes of Still Havent Found What Im Looking For, Running To Stand Still, So Cruel, Kite, Night and Day anyday along with many more! If I was pushed to choose one, I guess it would have to be Night and Day, that was just amazing imo! Anyone for Night And Day?

Just my penny's worth....

dougal

PS No I havent a clue which song or what band the lyrics "gotten in tune" come from......

Hey U2Junkie!

You still around? I need your response so I thought Id bump this up!

cheers mate

dougal

With or Without You

Where the Streets Have No Name

Mysterious Ways... sooo much more. :)

Last edited:
How about In A Lifetime, the song Bono did with the group Clannad? Lately I can't go a day without listening to that one. His voice practically makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, it's that good.

:yes: :sexywink: Note to BonoS-that was a good choice! didn't know anyone around here would remember THat one! :sexywink: Me see, my fave 3 Bono songs: AIWIY, MLK, Spanish eyes.just somethin' about the way he..ah, illestrates his feelings for her lets say!! lol!:drool: Sexy, sexy man!!:heart: :heart: :cute:

Back
Top Bottom