2008 grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Are you genuinely excited by the prospect of Fergie duetting with John Legend?"

YES

"Really?!?"

:lmao:

That was freakin hilarious! Thanks for posting that, Cori.

Rosebud said:
Sorry to be off-topic, but I love your avi U2isthebest! That's the picture I chose for my facebook profile pic. I caucused for Obama yesterday in WA, and he won big! Yippie!

:yippie:

Thank you! Call me Brittany, btw! I live in Michigan, and we broke party rules by holding our primary before February 5th. Only certain states like Iowa and New Hampshire are allowed to do that, so essentially no votes from Michigan counted and our delegates won't go to the convention. It seriously pissed me off because this is my first election, and I really wanted to vote.:mad:

I'm glad U2 didn't win for that embarrassment "Window in the Skies", but Maroon 5 isn't exactly good. Empty victory...

:lol:

wow, what a joke!

There were very few good performances throughout the entire night! Overall, just an absolute atrocity

The Foo Fighters? :yikes:

I was almost asleep before I heard this moron...notice at 1:11- "It's a beautiful day!" - hear the music in the background? U2! :)

seriously though, how horrible was this guy? It sounded like he was making stuff up at times :rolleyes:

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/william-condenses-50-years-of-grammys-into-90-unbe_008049.html

I also found it ironic and hilarious how Naz made a hip-hop album called "Hip-Hop is Dead," and then Kanye West ends up winning for best rap album (i think?), and as he begins his speech, he discusses his goal with his latest album, and explains that, "Hip-hop is not dead..."

:lmao:

I guess they didn't broadcast any of the awards U2 was nominated for :(

Last edited:
Kanye's performance was good...and that was about it, though I went to sleep after the Foo Fighters.

Dave Groehl washed his hair!!!

I watched until the end; and I'm glad I did, cuz I got to see John Fogerty, Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis performing together. What a treat!

In response to amy winehouse's speech.

Shut up, we dont fucking care.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
def. right there. foo fighters' performance was terrible

amy winehouse :|

and that song sucks

he said during an interview something like " it gives me chills...and that's what music should do..." - I think he's the only person on the planet that gets chills from that song....how is that even possible though? It's just a bunch of noise, in which you can make out some cute little rhymes: surrender and offender!! wow! that deserves a grammy right there!

lol oh yeah. my friend asked me well was it just the performance that was bad?
Me= Erm no. It was the song too.

what makes it even better is they beat Bruce Springsteen for best rock album. Magic was a great album! At least I think so.

^Bruce Springsteen made a great album, that guy never fails

(BTW I thought they sucked this year, Foo Fighters didn't sound to good at all!)

U2isthebest said:

Uh, I highly doubt that. She's in rehab right now.:huh:

yeah, that's the ironic part...

at least it appeared that way, and sounded that way, maybe not though :shrug:

Actually, compared to some of her recent performances, that was a really good one. I'd say she wasn't on anything.

I liked the Foo Fighters. :reject: I feel like a devil's advocate on these boards :wink:

Back
Top Bottom