2 types of fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God Part III said:
Oh come on!

October is far better than Unforgettable Fire in my opinion, and I don't care if you're "old" or "experienced", I like it better, dig it. I think Pop is better than War, I'm not so sure about All That You Can't Leave Behind though.

It's very biased to say "new and old" fans.
Oh, come on!
I already said I meant it metaphorically. Of course I know there's no such things as "new and old" fans. I just needed an example to illustrate the people thinking they're the real fans.

Axver said:

So rjhbonovox, U2_Guy, and ponkine are the only 'old' U2 fans?

No, they're the only 'real' fans. Don't you know, only 'real' fans like Pop, but then it's okay to hate everything else :sigh: :rolleyes:

indra said:
I think waaayy too many people worry too much about what kind of fan other people are, or what other people think. Like what you like and dislike what you dislike and don't worry what anyone else thinks. It's only music. Enjoy it any way you want to.

We would but it's a bit annoying to read we're idiots or sheeps or not real fans because we don't crawl and worship POP's feet.

U2girl said:

We would but it's a bit annoying to read we're idiots or sheeps or not real fans because we don't crawl and worship POP's feet.

Exactly.

Oh yes, the 'sheep' label. :rolleyes:

i'm a "middle" fan then, because I love every album they've release, October is OK, but everything else is classic in my view.

In fact, it's true. There are only two kinds of U2 fans in the world:

1. Those who think that there are only two kinds of U2 fans, and
2. Those who don't.

That actually is a circle-reasoning (or whatever it's called in English). You can keep asking "what are those types of fans" for eternity.

CLAIM: There are two types of fans.
REASON: Those who think that there are only two kinds of U2 fans

QUESTION: Which two kinds are that?

etc. :p

dandy said:

um, no. i am a u2 slut, i love both eras for different reasons.

I love them both too, but you can't possibly like them equally much. There must be one you prefer.

WalkOn21 said:

Oh, come on!
I already said I meant it metaphorically. Of course I know there's no such things as "new and old" fans. I just needed an example to illustrate the people thinking they're the real fans.

Ok then. Misunderstanding. My bad.

WalkOn21 said:
Why won't some people understand there are 2 types of U2 fans?

'old' fans
They DON'T like October, Pop, ATYCLB

'new' fans
They DO like October, Pop, ATYCLB

I think it is:

OLD Fans
They LIKE October, and DON'T LIKE Pop, ATYCLB

NEW Fans
They DON'T LIKE October, and they LIKE Pop, ATYCLB

God Part III said:
but you can't possibly like them equally much. There must be one you prefer.

Why?

Also, as far as liking certain albums...I don't care if people like or don't like Pop or ATYCLB or whatever. If you don't like a certain album, or if you do like a certain album, that's your preference, and I don't see why some people would care so much.

Angela

I am an old fan. I have to admit - it took awhile for me to like ATYCLB and POP - I had to grow to love too. I was looking for another Zooropa or Achtung Baby. Knew I would never get that - since they need to change with the times. But I love every album they have with the exception of JT and R&H - they have not grown on me.

There really are two kinds of fans -- good ones and bad ones.

Good fans -- agree with me
Bad fans -- disagree with me

There you go. There are two kinds of fans.

;)

the thing is once you gain exposure to many different bands and all the different styles in the world, the conclusion can be reached that there is so much music out there that is better than just u2

especially when you choose to become a bit more alternative to your approach

Back
Top Bottom