11 O'Clock Tick Tock appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
After listening to this on the Live in Boston 1981 from the digital box set, I realized how awesome it is. These versions (it was performed twice at that concert) are much better than the one used on Under A Blood Red Sky (which by coincidence is also from Boston).
It seems to be one of their more emotional songs based on Bono's vocals and Edge's guitar, and really just kicks ass in general.
It went on to be a regular opener on The Unforgettable Fire tour, and returned in 2000 after an absence of nearly eleven years. With the inclusion of An Cat Dubh, Into the Heart, I Will Follow, Out of Control, Electric Co., and The Ocean on this current tour, I wonder why they haven't played it yet?
Who's with me? (or against me)

I saw it played in Chicago on the Elevation Tour :drool:

Also, the version from Irving Plaza from December 2000 is one of my favorite things ever. I love it more than chocolate. It would be great if it were brought back, but I do like the other older songs they have brought back this tour, I think they probably want to give us some variety with the really old songs.

One of my favorites. They did play it during JT in Hampton on 12/12/87 and on the last night of the Lovetown tour.

I can't believe 11 'O Clock Tick Tock was never on an album (not counting the live performance on Under a Blood Red Sky...of course live is where the song lives). It's one of U2's best songs; it's in my top 25 anyway. To me it embodies what made U2 so unique in their early days. Edge is on fire through the whole thing. Brilliant solo and I love the harmonics. Intriguing lyrics, too (We thought that we had the answers/It was the questions we had wrong). Fantastic rhythm section. Overall simply superb. I would love it if they played it during Vertigo tour. Especially in Cleveland since I'll be there to see it and all :wink:

A very special song :drool:
The performance of it at the 1981 Pink Pop festival is one of the best Ive heard, also Red Rocks.

Its a song that had always cropped up somewhere in U2's setlist - only not played on zootv + popmart where it probably wouldnt have fitted in - like a lot of the early stuff. I think it will/should get played a couple of times on the 3rd leg.

Yeah that would be awesome, but please not with the slow tempo of the Elevation version

I was listening to a 1985 show in NY. (I actually saw it live too). 4th of July started to play, then Bono says "The first time was 1981. It's 1985. 11 o'clock tic tock!!

What memories and what a great song. Love it...

"Want me to open it? There's a guy here who says he wants to be in the band. Hey, I dont blame you. Its a good job. You know, I wasnt much good at anything else" - Bono 4/3/85..

MsMofoGone said:
Red Rocks performance ... :drool: :applaud:

Edge's AWESOME solo plus Bono pulling a girl onstage and spinning her around ... :up:
BEST HIGHLIGHT EVER ... Totally CLASSIC !! :bow: :love:

Did you notice Adam was kinda dancing a bit, then he had to quickly twist himself into odd shapes to dodge the girl's feet as Bono was swinging her around.

Good thing he was paying attention.

Adam'sbaby said:
I love 11 O'Clock Tick Tock! You gotta love Edge's solo in that song. It's just amazing! :drool:

My favorite Edge solo with The Fly, New Year's Day and Bullet all coming in tied for second.

Back
Top Bottom