10 things im going to do to make myself a better person

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
why not? lets hear yours.

10. treat others with more respect than i treat myself, no better way to crush any self-indulgence or importance.

9. screw it, this is too hard, that top one is the one im going to stick to. putting everyone ahead of yourself is something so brave and foreign in my eyes, that it really took images of fireman going up those towers while people were going down to see that they really wanted to help.

is this a self rightous thread for what i said? you bet. see if i care. what are you planning on doing to making the world a better place?

------------------
-death bear

9. teach bear that treating himself with respect is just as important as respecting others.

------------------
...to the mystery of all that you should ever leave behind, in time.

I am so proud of my bear.

------------------
I bet you think that's pretty clever don't you boy?

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
why not? lets hear yours.

10. treat others with more respect than i treat myself, no better way to crush any self-indulgence or importance.

9. screw it, this is too hard, that top one is the one im going to stick to. putting everyone ahead of yourself is something so brave and foreign in my eyes, that it really took images of fireman going up those towers while people were going down to see that they really wanted to help.

is this a self rightous thread for what i said? you bet. see if i care. what are you planning on doing to making the world a better place?

Making yourself a better person, or making the world a better place? Which is it? No offence, but they aren't really the same thing.

God willing none of us will find ourselves in the same position as those firemen, so the issue must be addressed at a rather more mundane level.

I don't know. Love your neighbour as yourself, guess that's what it comes down to really.

"i cant change the world but i can change the world in me"

------------------
-death bear

Plus I don't really see how one can love others if one hates oneself (not suggesting that is what the original poster said). Self-hatred is at the root of so many cruel peoples' behaviour. Gaping emptiness dressed up as pride.

I need to stop being so sensitive

I need to stop being tackless

I need to get out of love

I need to look better.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Sing.. us a song
A song to keep us warm
There's such a chill, such a chill

trust me, i dont hate myself as i hate noone else.

what you say though is true, i must agree.

------------------
-death bear

Kieran, surely making oneself a better person is a small step in making the world a better place?

Its the Think Globally, Act Locally principle. Man, I never thought I'd use that expression.

Bear, you dont need changing do you?

thanks angela, but what happens to a house that has no work done to it over time?

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
thanks angela, but what happens to a house that has no work done to it over time?

It sits on Real Estate for a very long time!!

These are nice self-help methods, deathbear.

I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me

This line kind of reminds me of the Think Globally, Act Locally thing.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Kieran, surely making oneself a better person is a small step in making the world a better place?

Its the Think Globally, Act Locally principle. Man, I never thought I'd use that expression.

Bear, you dont need changing do you?

Well, yes, it could be. I don't have any grand ideas unfortunately, but maybe quitting smoking/getting a new haircut don't rank that high on the list.

What I mean to say is that sure one might be able to influence close friends/family/associates through one's actions. And that's a good start. But even that is one hell of a mountain.

As for someone like Bono with Jubilee 2000, don't forget he simply lent his energy to the cause (which is great), he did not singlehandedly solve thirdworld debt. Noone can do that, alone.

I will try to learn to deal with my emotions in a more grown up manner.

I will TRY to not be so sensitive because that in turn affects others.

I need to start taking out the garbage and keeping the house tidy. Im a slob when it comes to picking up after myself.

Im going to try try try to like myself more.

Im going to be a better daughter and friend.

Back
Top Bottom