10 bands you hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by WildHonee:
Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
1/ Backstret Buoys
2/ Nsuck
3/ critny speers
4/ lip biscuit
5/ corn
6/ slipnot
7/ cred
8/ stained
9/ alein nat pharm
10/ blu
I agree with ALL of these.

But who's Blu?

british boy band

pronounced blew

and they did that

1. N*Sync
2. Limp Bizkit
3. Britney Spears
4. Rap in General
5. Coldpaly (sorry, they're just so damn boring)
6. Blink 182
7. Puddle Of Mudd
8. Nickelback/Default (they sound the smae people!)
9. The Corrs
10. PJ Harvey (why did she open for U2 now?)

Originally posted by Zooman91:

10. PJ Harvey (why did she open for U2 now?)

U2's manager, Paul McGuinness is also PJ's manager. U2 and PJ are also good friends.

I don't know how much exposure you've had to her and her records, but she is one of the most phenomenal female rock artists to come along in the past decade and is thoroughly remarkable in every way. It's all subjective of course - but if you haven't seen or heard alot of her music, don't sell yourself short - invest some time in Polly Jean!

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-22-2001).]

Limp Bizkit
Britney
Christina aguilera
backstreet boys
all country
all the rap ,hip hop stuff
the corrs
all salsa and merengue
J-Lo
paulina rubio

[This message has been edited by voxxie (edited 12-22-2001).]

As far as bands go I can't stand:

1. Limp Bizkit
2. Creed (I really can't stand them
tongue.gif
)
3. Linkin' Park
4. POD
5. Match Box 20
6. Staind
7. Dave Matthews
8. Blink 182
9. Sugar Ray
10. The Corrs

------------------
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on the Christmas tree....
I wish I was the star that went on top.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Janet Jackson
Wave
Soul Decision
Nsync
BSB
O Town
Limp Bizkit
Creed and all the other boring alternative rock I can?t tell from each other
S Club 7
Kid Rock

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

I've loved Marilyn Manson since their inception in the late 80s in South Florida.
I am 24, and doubt I am so "beyond" you.
If you don't like them, fine, but don't insult me because of it.

I wasn't going for insulting anyone who likes Marilyn Manson (hey, my older brother is a fan), all i meant was i don't understand what's so great about him.

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-23-2001).]

1.) No Angels
2.) Backstreet Boys
3.) Bro?Sis
4.) N?Sync
5.) Britney
6.) Christina
7.) the dirty rest
8.) Enrique Englesias
9.) Ricky Martin
10.) Boyzone
11.) Westlife
12.) s club 7
13.) Korn
14.) limp bizkit
15.) Afroman
16.) 2pac
17.) Onkelz
18.) Tote Hosen

------------------
beLIEve

No particular order...

1 Kane
2 UB40
3 Janet Jackson
4 Michael Jackson
5 De Kast
6 Bon Jovi
7 Green Day
8 Ja Rule
9 Mariah Carey (new style)
10 Celine Dion

Blink 182 has got to be the most untalented, mediocre bunch of boredom to ever be on MTV and radio. I listen to the BBC 1 and 2 over the internet. It's bbc.co.uk and what is so fun is there are no commercials, and they never seem to play the same song twice. You guys in Britain are so lucky, you should hear what we have to listen to on the radio. The same 20 songs over and over and over with high-pitched, screeching, stupid Djs. The BBC DJs are so cool, and it is so fun when they say it is 6 am, (and its 10 pm the day before here) and they get call-ins and talk to the people. I even email them, they give out their email addresses, and ask them to play songs, and they do! Thank God for the internet so we can hear foreign radio stations. Sometimes I listen to French ones also. Anyway, all that is to say Blue is really good because they have a different kind of sound...listen to BBC1 and you will hear their songs. Its got a Reggae/hip-hop kind of influence. I thought it was Blue, its Blu? Anyway, another great surprise if you go to the BBC is hearing Kate Winslet sing. Yes the Titantic star can actually sing, and her song is really good. Some others on there that you hear a lot are the Stereophonics, and Anastacia.
Just looked it up at bbc.co.uk/music, it is Blue is their name. If you want to hear some great music, and find new stuff, BBC1 is the place.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 12-23-2001).]

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Also...I think they're called "System of a Down?" That one song they have is SO BAD. And the video vibes me out.

That would be "Chop Suey" from System Of A Down which I by the way mentioned as one of my 20 favourites...
biggrin.gif

MTV , VH-1 .inc.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOKING FOR THE FATHER OF MY TWO LITTLE GIRLS --been around back been around the front , I'M STILL LOOKING , MOFO , MOFO FUCKING ROCK'N'ROLL , MOFO FUCKING ROCKING ROCK'N'ROLL

Chris Rock

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
1. Matchbox 20 (not 'bad', just mediocre, which is worse)
2. Live (ditto)
3. Blink 182
4. Grinspoon (Australian outfit)
5. Green Day (see No. 1)
6. Bush (bit of an easy target)
7. I'd list Britney but have honestly never heard any of her music.
8. Robbie Williams (not a band technically - but very very bad)
9. Pantera (so bad they're almost good)
10. Celine Dion (I assume she has a backing band of some kind)
Live USED to be good. *mourns*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me." ~SmoothCriminal~

Fuel.

Hey you know the band the Calling? The singer looks like a Backstreet Boy. *fear*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

I love Fuel! The lead singer is beautiful! Angel, sorry, I didn't know Scott Stapp was an ass, still damn hot though. Maybe it's like my granny always said, 'beauty's skin deep, ugly's to the bone, beauty fades away and ugly stays on and on and on.'

yeah i saw "The Calling" they're part of this new wave of pretty boy soft rock bands that are cropping up. Caugh "Lifehouse" they're designed to appeal to the girls that have grown out of their N'Sync Backstreet Boy phase.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
yeah i saw "The Calling" they're part of this new wave of pretty boy soft rock bands that are cropping up. Caugh "Lifehouse" they're designed to appeal to the girls that have grown out of their N'Sync Backstreet Boy phase.

LMAO cause they're not pretty
biggrin.gif

Also...I think they're called "System of a Down?" That one song they have is SO BAD. And the video vibes me out.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

I kind of like System of a Down, I think they're unique and different from a lot of bands out there now. The singer may sing kind of weird but I think that seperates him from everyone else. He actually kind of has a great voice.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Angel:
Relish are very good!
wink.gif
You crack me up lazyboy.

Indeed they are, saw em at Slane2, quite tasty
tongue.gif

And you are quite a humourous character yourself
smile.gif

Now now, don't say nothin bout Pop!!
eek.gif

*looks around, waits for the dagger to enter the back*

This isn't bands per se, but someone has the misfortune to back them up somehow, and that is these miniature rappers with no talent, not that big rappers have any either. Have you ever heard Aaron Carter do his rap about Shaq? Its one of those you have to see to believe. Lil Bow Wow and Lil Romeo absolutely suck. Disney did the world a favor and has stopped doing those music shows where this bunch used to be on them regularly. Anyway, for a top ten list it would be 10 rappers, any of them. There is no order because bad is so bad there is no degree to it. From P. Diddy to Busta Rhymes. Do you remember when U2 had Public Enemy open for them? Probably not because most of us stayed outside until they were over.

Forgot to add, Robbie Williams has a great singing voice, and he's well worth listening to.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 12-24-2001).]

Originally posted by david:
I kind of like System of a Down, I think they're unique and different from a lot of bands out there now. The singer may sing kind of weird but I think that seperates him from everyone else. He actually kind of has a great voice.

I guess they're an acquired taste (Now I'm starvin'), but IMO they sound like everything else on the radio. :p

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Even my 15 year old son hates System of a Down! He says they suck so bad and can't understand why the idiots at school love them so much! He also hates Linkin Park, Limp Biskit, Sum 41, Blink 182, Mudvayne, Crazytown, Papa Roach, all the boy bands and moaning girl singers. Good boy. (He likes U2 and went to 6 shows with me!) That's just about my list too. Oh and Henry Rollins. I really hate him. Oh and DMB they suck bad and he can't sing worth a shit.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Even my 15 year old son hates System of a Down! He says they suck so bad and can't understand why the idiots at school love them so much! He also hates Linkin Park, Limp Biskit, Sum 41, Blink 182, Mudvayne, Crazytown, Papa Roach, all the boy bands and moaning girl singers. Good boy. (He likes U2 and went to 6 shows with me!) That's just about my list too. Oh and Henry Rollins. I really hate him. Oh and DMB they suck bad and he can't sing worth a shit.

!!! Can I go out with him? He sounds like my soulmate.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Even my 15 year old son hates System of a Down!

Great, now your task for today is to find someone who values the opinion of a 15 year old boy.
wink.gif

Cool Mona! You also have good taste in music! We only live 150 miles away next time we're passing through DC we'll look you up! Hopefully it will be for a U2 show!
smile.gif
wink.gif

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Damn you WildHonee!!!!

icon28.gif

LMAO
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Cool Mona! You also have good taste in music! We only live 150 miles away next time we're passing through DC we'll look you up! Hopefully it will be for a U2 show!
smile.gif
wink.gif
*runs around house to get ready*

*puts out platter of tamales*

*hides Hello Kitty things, Sailor Moon stickers, and Bono shrines*

*puts on Nick Cave CD *mood music**

*starts crying bc Nick Cave CDs make me cry*

O shoot I ruined my big date....!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.