Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Honor Of His Father...

Hey Dalton, tell me this isn't bad ass...during Stairway To Heaven

jason02.jpg

:bow:

'Trampled Under Foot'
"Before starting Plant told the crowd it was the band's attempt to sound like Robert Johnson's 'Terraplane Blues'."

'Nobody's Fault But Mine'
"There are huge screen's dominating the O2 Arena, they split into four sometimes, goes monochrome, colour etc...quite spectacular."

'No Quarter'
"Following the song Plant paid tribute to John Paul Jones, who played keyboards and bass on the track."

'Since I've Been Loving You'
"A bit of a style guide for you, all the band are dressed in black bar Page's who is rocking a white shirt. As for the song they gone for the epic version....very bluesy."

'Dazed And Confused'
"Settle yourselves in, we're expecting a ten minute version of this classic... it was. At the end of it of the song Plant told the audience 'On guitar Jimmy Page, just as he did on the 'Song Remains The Same' DVD."

'Stairway To Heaven'
"What do you think? From the moment those opening notes rang out the whole audience went absolutely crazy. The atmosphere is electric."

Setlist so far:

Good Times Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time Of Dying
For Your Life
Trampled Underfoot
Nobody's Fault But Mine
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
Dazed and Confused
Stairway To Heaven
The Song Remains The Same
Misty Mountain Hop

'The Song Remains The Same'
"A fairly straight version of the classic."

'Misty Mountain Hop'
"Plant kicked this one off by praising the job drummer Jason Bonham has been doing, stepping into his late father's shoes tonight."

'Kashmir'

Setlist so far:

Good Times Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time Of Dying
For Your Life
Trampled Underfoot
Nobody's Fault But Mine
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
Dazed and Confused
Stairway To Heaven
The Song Remains The Same
Misty Mountain Hop
Kashmir
Whole Lotta Love

As a lurker........ I must say this is a great setlist party!!! I can feel the electricity from here!!!!! :wink:

Apparently inside it was an emotional insane energy. People were passing out, crying, and punching there hands in the air in joy. What an incredible night it would have been to be there. Wow! I get tingles thinking about it.

I'm betting this was a better concert than many got in their 'heyday'. None of the band was zonked out and they were appreciating all the love they were getting!!!!!

jay canseco said:
I'm betting this was a better concert than many got in their 'heyday'. None of the band was zonked out and they were appreciating all the love they were getting!!!!!

The band in their heyday may or may not have been 'zonked out,' but their musical lucidity was dazzling. This may be a great show tonight, but no way can it surpass the real zep. Have you heard how the west was won?

'Kashmir'
"Yet another epic, as this song cracks the ten minute mark. Plant introduced this one declaring 'We've got people from 50 countries here and this is the 51st'. Afterwards they left the stage to loud applause. Will they do an encore? What do you reckon..."

'Whole Lotta Love'
"... of course they come back to deafening applause. And it's an extended version of the old 'Top Of The Pops' theme. Then once more the band leave the stage with a visibly emotional Plant declaring:
'Thanks to everybody. Thanks Ahmet Ertegun, this one for is Ahmet Ertegun as we remember the days when Atlantic Records was the best label on the planet!'."

'Rock And Roll'
"Just time for one more, as after two hours the night reaches its climax, and what a stomper to go out on."

bgmckinney said:

The band in their heyday may or may not have been 'zonked out,' but their musical lucidity was dazzling. This may be a great show tonight, but no way can it surpass the real zep. Have you heard how the west was won?

I own that one and it is great. It is who they are. It's just nice to let them know how much we love them now that we aren't all 'zonked out'................. :wink:

From one of the other sites, here's what he has as final:

GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES
RAMBLE ON
BLACK DOG
IN MY TIME OF DYING
FOR YOUR LIFE
TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT
CUSTARD PIE*****the confusion over this continues
NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE
NO QUARTER
SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU
DAZED & CONFUSED
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME
MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP
KASHMIR

encore
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE
ROCK AND ROLL

jay canseco said:

I own that one and it is great. It is who they are. It's just nice to let them know how much we love them now that we aren't all 'zonked out'................. :wink:

True. What did Plant say when the band left the stage at Knebworth? Something like "Thanks for... I don't know how to say it... thanks for eleven years." They were very sensitive to fan support, because critics bashed them so much.

Back
Top Bottom