Ytterby, Sweden Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the clips are anything to go by, the second half seems particularly strong, though Stand Up Comedy made me literally facepalm with the "little old lady" line.

Can't wait for the rest of Magnificent.

I admit, though, it's hard for me to get that enthused simply because I don't like Bono's current voice that much. He's lost something serious in the last decade or so, and I think he tries to push himself beyond his capabilities - that was the good part about Pop, he sung to his weaker voice's strong points. Now obviously it'd be ridiculous to make a judgement call from these clips, but a couple of points do seem a bit strained. I don't know, obviously this is just my taste in what Bono vocals I prefer, so I'm sure some other people will get more enjoyment out of this than I will. It's just that as promising as these clips are, I don't see anything that's going to enter my top thirty U2 songs. It's a shame, but hey, bring on an interesting and creative album! Looks like we've got that.

settle down peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! i think his voice sounds great

ax its a new album does thias bring you noy joy , can i not see any :hyper: smilies from you at all? you are tooo serious !

i see that point though. he's almost gotten too manufactured and away from the raw emotions that the raw (physical) voice carried. but i know shitall about singign so who knows.

I'm not getting hyped up off clips. 2004 taught me all too well not to read much into 30 second clips, beach clips, etc. And the GOYB clip rammed that home. Fucking HATED the clip. It sounded like one of the worst things U2 have ever done, on Red Light levels. Then the full song came and it was actually decent. So no, no :hyper: icons yet. That's for the full leak!

(And Peterrrrrrr would be gushing about how godly Bono's voice sounds!)

<Got to admit, I love that these clips came just after we were pranking iSpy.>
You can't live by iSpy alone.
</Joke's on them!>

Jesus Christ, just catching up on the bushfire news from overnight. Looks like Kinglake and Marysville are simply gone.

My logic has always been that if there's something out there, there's no point in not listening to it. But then I don't have (nor entirely see the point of) new album rituals like some people do.

I think if it leaks in its entirety I'll probably listen to it, but I find when I listen to the little clips they can ruin my perception of the full song when I hear it.

My problem with clips is usually that they tend to blow and lower my expectations for songs. Whenever I listen to clips of songs I already know, I often think "based on this, why the hell would anybody even bother playing the full track?" So I never take them as indicative of a whole lot.

My only comment on the album clips.....

Bono's favourite word "Extraordinary" is sure to be replaced by "Magnificent"......:giggle:

Shit, it's hot.

ARGH TEH SPOILERZZZZ

*stabs out eyes and flails*

I've been to Chicago, btw. It made me want to take pics of where the Blues Brothers car chase happened. (I didn't, cos I would have been run over by real traffic.)

ARGH TEH SPOILERZZZZ

*stabs out eyes and flails*

I've been to Chicago, btw. It made me want to take pics of where the Blues Brothers car chase happened. (I didn't, cos I would have been run over by real traffic.)

:giggle: I can see the headlines...."Mad Australian woman killed while trying to photograph fake car chase scene"......

:wave:

Kim, Ali! :wave:

Hey folks, I wonder what bollocks we can now convince Ali is on the album. :evil:

Kim, Ali! :wave:

Hey folks, I wonder what bollocks we can now convince Ali is on the album. :evil:

Magnificent has some awesome lines in it, particularly where Bono sings "That big old dinosaur bone, When I see it, it makes me groan....ohhhh ohhh ohhh....."

:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom