XM Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
So my rental car yesterday was equipped with XM radio. I rented this particular car because I had a 4.5 hr drive from Atlanta to North Carolina last night. I have been thinking about buying it because I am tired of radio and lugging my CD's around with me when I travel. BUT....

I heard every damn song that is on the radio on XM 100 times. :scream: The only thing that I enjoyed were the news and sports stations. I think I now know all the lyrics to the lastest songs by Usher, Beyonce, Hillary Duff, Emeniem, Lil John and the East Side Boyz *WHAT!!!!!!!!, OKAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!*

so my verdict on XM radio:

IT AIN'T WORTH IT. :down:

Last edited:
It's sattelite radio. No commercials etc. I have a friend that has one and he really likes it. :shrug: On channel 54 which is the unsigned bands, my friend's band is on there :up:

i like xm radio

you know there are like 150 channels, try changing them for different kinds of music

if you listen to just the top 20 on 20, then yes, you will only hear the same 20 songs over and over

well yes of course if you only listen to the top 20 stations you will hear the songs over and over. I listened to more stations than that, I just wasn't impressed. :shrug: I will save my money and invest it in more shoes and a new knee! :wink:

you could just get an mp3 / CD combo and put 100+ songs on a CD. :up: Thats what my next car stereo will be. Although I would think that XM would be pretty sweet. There must be some decent NPR stations?

If it makes you feel any better Iris my car stereo shorted out in November. It will not eject the CD I have in there. Everything else works fine though. So since November I have either had to listen to Rock and Roll by Ryan Adams or the radio. Now I like Rock and Roll good enough, but I have to listen to it all the time as the radio is, well the radio.

I have been to damn broke with medical bills and no job during most of February and March up till last week so getting a new stereo has not been an option.

I would also go with the shoes thing. I really need to get back into running 60-80 miles a week again so I have a reason to get new shoes all the time.

DiGi said:
If it makes you feel any better Iris my car stereo shorted out in November. It will not eject the CD I have in there. Everything else works fine though. So since November I have either had to listen to Rock and Roll by Ryan Adams or the radio. Now I like Rock and Roll good enough, but I have to listen to it all the time as the radio is, well the radio.

That's not a bad problem to have! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom