Working is a waste of youth - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-18-2002, 07:41 PM   #16
Local Time: 10:06 AM
I like my job, but then again, I only work 4 hours a nite. As a matter of fact I'm at work right now and look what I'm doing. I know what you mean about wasting your life away working tho, Mrs. Edge. There are people that work here, that are on salary, that work 12 hours a day. For what? I mean if you have to to survive that's one thing, but these guys don't even have to. For some strange reason they want to. Life is short enuf, why waste it working more than living....
Fizzing, I know what you mean about not working also. I was out of work for about 8 mos. once and it drove me mad..I was just fortunate to get this job and work the hours I want. I can also connect from my computer at home and work from home if I need to also.

[This message has been edited by ZOOTB (edited 02-18-2002).]

Old 02-18-2002, 07:47 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:06 AM
The girls I know that DO have jobs-- they all chose it. I mean these are rich kids. So it's not like they're doing it to help pay the rent or anything. They all want cars. Which they all already have...but I'm not bitter. Well, I am. But that's for another day.
Lucky girls. Some of us were daughters of single mothers in high school, and HAD to work. And, come to think of it, are now in college and STILL have to work.

If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Old 02-18-2002, 07:59 PM   #18
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 06:06 AM
I'm only 19, and I've been working since I was 15 (I had baby-sitting jobs before that, but my first job at an actual business was when I was 15).

I wish I would have worked more...and saved more of the money I earned...I blew too much money in high school. I sure could use some of it now for college.

"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Old 02-19-2002, 12:17 AM   #19
Local Time: 03:06 AM
Ya know what, WildHonee, enjoy your time not working. When I was in high school, that was my job, my #1 priority. Sure I missed out on doing things with money, but my school career was much more important than money(to me). So I know where you're coming from.
I'm in a job, that was meant to be a "summer job", yeah right, going on three years later.
I don't know what to do anymore.
Why don't we all start a business and work from home?
Old 02-19-2002, 04:26 AM   #20
love, blood, life
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

I'm in a job, that was meant to be a "summer job", yeah right, going on three years later.
That sounds familiar. I had a great summer job about three years ago...which turned into *Fizz, we really need someone to work Monday mornings* and then *Fizz, you don't have college on Wednesday do you?* *Fizz, what time do you finish college on Fridays?*
Old 02-19-2002, 05:12 AM   #21
The Fly
Location: on the other side of the world where people walk upside down
Local Time: 05:06 AM
To all of you have recently just been overcome by unmotivation, my southern parents would tell you that "the saps risin' in ya", meaning spring is coming, and you're in that transition period where winter sucks and you want it to be over, but until its here, everything sucks. I'm feeling the same way right now. Nothing is cool, except me.

Southern playalistic
Old 02-19-2002, 08:09 AM   #22
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Aaaah, but the luxury of sitting and doing NOTHING!! I would LOVE to do that for a little while, but of course I'd probably get bored too after a time. But I can think of a zillion things I could be doing to amuse myself, even if it's finally writing my book. I am never going to find fame and fortune as a romance writer if I'm too damned busy with my day job! Of course, there's that whole money issue, which totally, totally sucks.

PPl who say that if they won millions in the lottery would keep working PISS ME OFF to no end. Volunteer work maybe, but WORK work? PLEASE!!!!

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
I'm so bored although I tend to get bored within thirty seconds of having nothing to do. And I have no money! I need a job! And some money! And relief from boredom!
Old 02-20-2002, 02:02 AM   #23
War Child
Until this weekend, I was holding down 3 jobs. I'm only 22. It is a great relief to me to have quit the mall job. Now I am rediscovering weekends. I read three books, saw two new movies, discovered a new restaurant, went to an art museum, and worked out for hours. The weekend is a good thing.