Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
how can someone manage to both chew with their mouth open and smack their lips when chewing - no, crunching - on ice? i don't get it.

maybe they were really smacking their tongue and not their lips? god damn it itunes, update my ipod.

We had a pot luck lunch at work to celebrate the return of one of our gals from her maternity leave. I ate too much and feel like I have a cannonball in my gut.

grooooooooooooooooooooooan

Good morning thread

I don't think i like the idea of sleeping through my alarm and therefore missing my lecture this morning.

I do like the idea that now i don't have to catch the bus for two hours though.

coolian2 said:
Good morning thread

I don't think i like the idea of sleeping through my alarm and therefore missing my lecture this morning.

I do like the idea that now i don't have to catch the bus for two hours though.

you seriously need to get a place closer to class

dear u2 start,

please for the love of god stop linking to two-part files when the whole thing is in the first part.

love, yourwildhorses

dear myself,

please start downloading the first part first, and checking this shit.

Varitek said:
1992 is also the last time they played on st patty's day

The first Auckland concert on Vertigo was meant to be on 17 March 2006. That would have been so fucking awesome too.

COOL CHANGE FOR THE WIN!

At 10:30am, it was 30.8. At 10:49am, it was 25.8! And from the forecast:

Mostly fine. A shower or two possible this evening or tonight. Fresh south to
southwesterly winds.

Precis: Possible late shower.
City: Max 31 [Reached before the change.]

YES. :drool:

major_panic said:

I'd get home, then have to leave home 5 minutes later or something like that.

The cool change has come through at last! :yes:

:lol: I find I can go home during 2 hour breaks, but it works out to only 45 or so minutes. Handy if I just want to grab lunch or something, though.

I'm kinda tempted to say that if you're bored and have 3 hours to kill, I could just pop into uni early. I've a tute at 2:15. But I need to do readings ... ugh, the Internet's not helping me there either!

Axver said:
COOL CHANGE FOR THE WIN!

At 10:30am, it was 30.8. At 10:49am, it was 25.8! And from the forecast:

Mostly fine. A shower or two possible this evening or tonight. Fresh south to
southwesterly winds.

Precis: Possible late shower.
City: Max 31 [Reached before the change.]

YES. :drool:

Yep, I could feel it walking out of my tute. It was really hot in Redmond Barry initially, then when I walked out, bam! And it was cool.

"And thus did the Lord look down on Melbourne, and with a grin blew upon it, saying, 'thou hast had enough'."

Axver said:

:lol: I find I can go home during 2 hour breaks, but it works out to only 45 or so minutes. Handy if I just want to grab lunch or something, though.

I'm kinda tempted to say that if you're bored and have 3 hours to kill, I could just pop into uni early. I've a tute at 2:15. But I need to do readings ... ugh, the Internet's not helping me there either!

Yeah, I'll find a good book or something. Listen to a Lovetown show. Do some writing. Which reminds me, I should get your mobile phone number. Sending you an email.

major_panic said:

Yep, I could feel it walking out of my tute. It was really hot in Redmond Barry initially, then when I walked out, bam! And it was cool.

"And thus did the Lord look down on Melbourne, and with a grin blew upon it, saying, 'thou hast had enough'."

:lol:

Redmond Barry is the worst building ever. I feel so bad for not going to my tutor's guest lecture yesterday, but the heat in there would have been intolerable.

major_panic said:
Yeah, I'll find a good book or something. Listen to a Lovetown show. Do some writing. Which reminds me, I should get your mobile phone number. Sending you an email.

I'll have to tear myself away from the Internet soon if I want to look like I've at least done SOME of this reading. I also think it might be advisable if I do my dishes ...

And you've got my e-mail address? amakaxver[at]gmail.com in case you're unsure.

AUSTRALIA'S electricity generation industry is demanding massive compensation from the Federal Government in return for its co-operation in efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions.

In a challenge to the Government's climate adviser, Ross Garnaut, the power generators have warned of soaring costs to consumers and disruptions to supplies unless they are compensated for the costs of complying with anti-greenhouse laws.

With most of Australia's electricity coming coal-fired generators, the industry is the nation's largest producer of greenhouse emissions, and the main focus of efforts to curb them. A planned carbon trading system will force the industry to pay to emit greenhouse gas.

Dear electricity companies,

Please stop your greedy, small-minded efforts to continue mongering money and resources at the cost of the planet and your fellow human beings.

You are the worst of capitalist scum. Larry Mullen Jr says FOAD.

Yours sincerely,

major_panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom