Why the Yankees will ROCK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cameron is NOT better than Matsui or Sheffield. You say that they were only good because of the rest of the lineup. The Mets lineup hasn't changed that much. They added Beltran, and he cannot change a team like Bonds. The Sox won't beat theBlue Jays this year.

Other Teams which I root for:

Knicks/Wizards
Red Wings (did root for them)
Brazil soccer team
Miami Dolphins

A-Rod had this to say about Game 6:

"I thought it was a brilliant play. We almost got away with it," Rodriguez said. "I was stuck in an alley, boys, there was no place to go. And I gave my karate. I only got to yellow belt, but I gave them my karate. And, again, I think Brandon's a great pitcher. I played with him in high school."

I'll bet Bronson Arroyo thought it was funny the first 500 times, but that he's beginning to get tired of it now.

speedracer said:

I'll bet Bronson Arroyo thought it was funny the first 500 times, but that he's beginning to get tired of it now.

Not that I'm ever going to stop with it, of course.

I love how A-Rod pretends like they're all chummy with the "I played with him in high school" bit, then calls him "Brandon" :lmao:

the whole let's pick on a-rod thing from the red sox is the stupidest thing i've ever heard... short of the original post in this thread where someone decides to make a random post about why the yankees will be better than the mets.

funny... i didn't know they were in the same division this year.

dobro815 said:
Cameron is NOT better than Matsui or Sheffield. You say that they were only good because of the rest of the lineup. The Mets lineup hasn't changed that much. They added Beltran, and he cannot change a team like Bonds. The Sox won't beat theBlue Jays this year.

Other Teams which I root for:

Knicks/Wizards
Red Wings (did root for them)
Brazil soccer team
Miami Dolphins

i dont get your defense. the mets lineup hasnt changed that much...................i was refering to the yanks players (matsui) being a product of a good lineup. i mean if he was on tampa, they would pitch around him and he would feel more pressure to perform and probably wouldn't be as patient at the plate.
but the mets lineup has changed. mientkiewicz and beltran, two new position players is a big change. beltran will change that team. true not to the degree that bonds can but few can. i love the hubris of the defeated, you cannot make a point about this so relate a player i say is good to arguably the best player in the game.

ohh well looks like we will have to argee to disagree.

H.I.S., if the thread is pointless, why are you responding to it. People obviously want to talk about it. Im trying, but Sitmicoyo, where are all the other Yankee fans!!?!?!?!

dobro815 said:
H.I.S., if the thread is pointless, why are you responding to it. People obviously want to talk about it. Im trying, but Sitmicoyo, where are all the other Yankee fans!!?!?!?!

they usually dont come crawling out of the wood work until october. everybody loved hopping on the bandwagon in what was in 97 when the started there run.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the whole let's pick on a-rod thing from the red sox is the stupidest thing i've ever heard...

I agree. And A-Rod's response to every word is "thank you sir, may I have another?"

I just think the Brandon Arroyo bit is hilarious.

dobro815 said:
Thats it, isn't it, is the reason the yanks will slaughter the Mets.
I guess I missed something when I was away this weekend...so baseball realigned over the weekend and the Yanks and Mets are now in the same league and play in the same division. Can someone link me to the article, I want to see the rest of the realignment.
Wow.

Re: Re: Why the Yankees will ROCK

Hewson said:
I guess I missed something when I was away this weekend...so baseball realigned over the weekend and the Yanks and Mets are now in the same league and play in the same division. Can someone link me to the article, I want to see the rest of the realignment.
Wow.

I don't think you missed anything this weekend. As far as I know the Yankees and the Mets play every year. It might not be much of a rivalry to you, but if you live in NY it is.

as a mets fan... yes... it used to be a big rivalry for me... when i was 12.

now that i'm a little older, i still hate those F'ers over in the bronx... but I've come to the realization that :shocked: we only play each other 6 times a year, and that it doesn't really matter anymore! last year the mets swept the yankees! woo hooo!!

the mets still sucked and the yankees still won 100+ games and were a game away from the world series.

it's called realism.

Last edited:
speedracer said:
I just think the Brandon Arroyo bit is hilarious.

:up:

oh... and as for the question "why are you responding to this?"

well... it's here. that's what i do. i respond to posts in Put 'Em Under Pressure. Ya don't get 10,000+ posts on interference if you only respond to the smart posts... i've had plenty of stupid posts myself, and there have been plenty of stupid responses.

Last edited:

now that i'm a little older, i still hate those F'ers over in the bronx... but I've come to the realization that :shocked: we only play each other 6 times a year, and that it doesn't really matter anymore! last year the mets swept the yankees! woo hooo!!

the mets still sucked and the yankees still won 100+ games and were a game away from the world series.

it's called realism.

That's not what rivallry is about though. It's not about the number of times a year you play each other. In Britain, you get some rivalries that may be hundreds of years old but the teams only play each other once every few years. Sheffield Wednesday & Sheffield United may be in different divisions but it doesn't stop a hatr....healthy rivalry from existing between the two. And don't get me started on those inbred, evil b***ards that are H.........:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Why the Yankees will ROCK

ramblin rose said:

I don't think you missed anything this weekend. As far as I know the Yankees and the Mets play every year. It might not be much of a rivalry to you, but if you live in NY it is.
You seem to have missed my point...I know that since the inception of interleague play the Yanks and Mets usually play a home and home series, however, they do not otherwise directly compete with one another, the original post seems to indicate the Yanks will beat the Mets in the standings this year, but they play in different leagues. The Yanks should concern themselves with the Red Sox, not the Mets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Yankees will ROCK

Hewson said:
You seem to have missed my point...I know that since the inception of interleague play the Yanks and Mets usually play a home and home series, however, they do not otherwise directly compete with one another, the original post seems to indicate the Yanks will beat the Mets in the standings this year, but they play in different leagues. The Yanks should concern themselves with the Red Sox, not the Mets.

As a New Yorker and Yankee fan I guess I interpreted the original post differently than you.

I'm sure the Yankees (and their fans) can concern themselves with both the Red Sox and a friendly interleague rivalry.

I didn't realize you were so young. I seem to recall quite a few passionate posts from you regarding the Mets/Yankees rivalry in the past year or two.

most of my posts in the last year or two involved yankees-red sox... seeing as the mets have sucked for the past year or two.

i did have a thread dedicated soley to new york sports once... but that was just designed to stir the shit... to pull a jick, so to speak.

deep down... yes... i hate the frickin' yankees. but as one of the few realist met fans, i don't think they suck. i wish they'd suck... i want them to suck... but they don't suck.

and perhaps one day the mets will again be at the top of major league baseball... and then, perhaps, there will be some sort of rivalry between the mets and yankees again. but for now, i really don't give a crap how many superstars they bring in over in the bronx. the team i root for has too many of it's own damn problems to fix before i can begin to worry about what a team in the american league is doing.

i do remember causing a near riot in elementary school.. back when i was about 8... with the met fans against the yankee fans. i started a let's go mets chant, to which the yankee fans started a lets go yankees chant. it got pretty ugly. but at the time... circa 1988, the mets were good, and the yankees sucked. so of course, the mets fans far outnumbered the yankee fans. so i was golden. ahh those were the days.

Last edited:
you won't find too many grammar schools anymore w/ a Met majority. But, yes Headache, back in the 80's it was cooler to be a Met fan than a Yankee fan.

I wore my ugly blue Mets jacket w/ orange letters every day.:wink:

The key to the Yankees is pitching, particulalry relief pitching. If the Yankees can't get a good setup guy, then they will not win. Gordon chocked big-time. Rivera, against a good team like the Red Sox, is suspect. The starting pitching also is questionable, IMO. Johnson is old, Mussina is old, Brown is old, Pavano is overrated, and Wright can be inconsistent and wild.

What sucks is that the Yankees have had three straight 100 win seasons and how many World Series titles do they have? None. If you are the best team in baseball, then you should win it all.

Hey, I'm a Yankee fan, but I am a critical Yankee fan.

Oh, BTW, so glad Tino is back. I'm also glad I didn't chuck my Tino jersey.

actually the cardinals were the best team in baseball last year, 4 more wins than the skankees

I think the World Series trophy's residence on Yawkey Way signifies that the Red Sox were the best team in baseball last year, especially where they closed the playoffs with 8 consecutive wins against the aforementioned Yankees and Cardinals.

Back
Top Bottom