why do most U2 fans hate CREED ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Newsflash, Johnny---"With arms wide open" is NOT a U2 song, thought I'm sure Scott WISHES it was.....

and :eyebrow: at your "interests"

*runs off to buy some Winger & Def Leopard*

*adds them to my collection of CD's I'll never listen to*

:lol: :laugh: :tongue: :eeklaugh: :mac:

Last edited:
actually, this isn't a U2 fan thing to bash Creed.....its a universal music fan thing. The band's over-the-top antics and Scott Stapp's posing poseur attitude are just the half of it. Yeah the videos are lame with the whole Jesus savior thing but no one has mentioned the video game quality to them. I mean, these guys are total closet Dungeons and Dragons fans. That "Bullet" video was done by video game designers and their latest one with the mountains and weird temples and barking stone dog-- what the f? I mean seriously, what the f? If someone can explain it to me, I would really appreciate. I mean, I consider myself at least somewhat interested in art and cultured but I have no clue what the hell what the hell the point is for that video.

Johnny Swallow said:

Scott has an amazing ability to show power and heartfelt emotion with his poses and raising hands toward heaven...their live show is a direct connection to heaven, just like Def Leppard was, Creed IS.

Your joking right? :eyebrow:

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow
You all obviously don't understand the depth of their music and lyrics, just goes over your heads and out your ass.

Is that possible? :eyebrow:

come on people, dont any of you remember how bad swallow bashed creed?!!??! its a complete joke whats hes doing, and hes getting what you want.

im sorry to blow your cover swallow, but id hate for anyone to actually think there is a creed fan here when there certainly isnt.

Zoomerang96 said:
come on people, dont any of you remember how bad swallow bashed creed?!!??! its a complete joke whats hes doing, and hes getting what you want.

im sorry to blow your cover swallow, but id hate for anyone to actually think there is a creed fan here when there certainly isnt.

Oh, I know. I was just trying to make sense of that one comment. :confused:

A good friend of mine used to be in Creed a few years back and told me that Stapp will listen to JT for hours and used to watch Rattle And Hum constantly.

It's all calculated. What a freak. Not that it's bad to want to be like Bono, but at least Bono's original.

*shrugs*

I don't know why. I'm a U2 fan and i don't hate Creed. I've seen their videos and i'm kind of indifferent about them. I honestly don't have an opinion on them.
Their songs DO sound very alike and the singer is IMO a worse copy of Eddie Vedder.

HelloAngel said:
A good friend of mine used to be in Creed a few years back and told me that Stapp will listen to JT for hours and used to watch Rattle And Hum constantly.

It's all calculated. What a freak. Not that it's bad to want to be like Bono, but at least Bono's original.

Are you serious? If you are, that's feckin' hilarious.

I'm seriouse, girlie.

I live in Creed's hometown - where they got their start.

I saw them in 1995 at a small club and Stapp had a Pearl Jam shirt on. Freak.

They were only popular in the College scene here. No one else liked them. And when they would hang out in the local coffeehouse, no one wanted to talk to them.

acrobatman your same dolt who said puddle of mudd were great.

clearly your opinion is tarnished.

I'm not in love with Creed and I don't even own any of their stuff. But I do think Scott is hot and their music is better than most of the garbage being put out today by numetal, deathmetal, rockrap, rap and teenpop 'artists.' I can understand that some people just don't like them but what I can't understand is the collective intense hatred by so many U2 fans. There are even some loose parallels between U2 and Creed, and that seems to hurt more than help. No one has to like them, but there are so many worse, uglier, and far more sucking bands out there that deserve the trashing more than Creed.

Zoomerang96 said:

That was before I saw the light beeotch.

HelloAngel said:

As brilliant as JT is, why focus only on that one album - when I think U2 have far more brilliant material.

JT was just an era of U2's collection. They looked, sounded and sang that way for about 4 years. Well, Creed has been around for longer than that. So, will we soon see a "Fly" Scott Stapp? ;)

I'm not a fan of Creed's mostly because of Stapp as well. He obviously has a Bono complex, but sings like Vedder. I often felt that Vedder was a bit too much like Bono at the beginning too, but he clearly proved otherwise. And while I've never been a big Pearl Jam fan, I have far more respect for Vedder and his music.

Creed's music also seems a bit contrived and simple. That's fine for an album or two, but this last album - according to Scott Stapp - was supposed to be their "Joshua Tree." I don't see that at all - in fact, I think Creed failed miserably if that was their goal. They need a lot more maturing as artists before they can reach that type of pinnacle. And, as I wrote above, I don't think JT is the peak of U2's career. So if and when Creed finally reaches a JT-level, and I doubt they will, they still have a LONG way to go before they can truly be appreciated like U2.

A long time ago I liked a song of their's called "My Own Prison'...which I thought ...considering that Stapp and I came from similar backgrounds...had some good lyrics and I could relate to them...I thought they had potential and hoped they could do something with it..

however...they have since disappointed me...they are trying to play grunge style music with U2 lyrics....its not really working I don't think...and they are far too overplayed.

Stapp has got some real personality issues he needs to work out..

I don't hate them...I don't bash them...I think they had the opportunity to do somethign really unique and they blew it...musically and personally. I just kind of ignore them...

Interesting that I haven't heard of Bono going anywhere near Stapp at any time...I mean...they took the time to speak to Darren Hayes (late of Savage Garden) cause he was such a big fan....are there any similar 'U2' stories about Creed? Or are they keeping away from a reason :D

dream wanderer

I don't know, but why is Pearl Jam so overrated by U2 fans? They're really not anything like U2 and they aren't that good. They only had a couple of good songs years ago and have spent the last several years sucking pretty bad. If anybody solves the mystery of the Creed hating could they please also clear up the worship of Pearl Jam?

I used to hate them, for like, a couple of weeks. It was right after Stapp claimed that their last album would be better than JT. Now, it doesn't really bother me. :yawn: It's just clear that Creed admires U2, otherwise, Stapp would've never said that.

Back
Top Bottom