Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyday, normal people uses why do we need to know the exact point of freezing and boiling?

That is the one little factoid of knowledge that I've actually found convienetn to know. And shove facts in peoples faces. Like when the thermometer at work broke, but my boss didn't believe me, and finally I pointed out to her that it was telling me the soup was 230 degrees, but it wasn't boiling.

I KNOW!!!!! i'm not sure whether it's faster to go souf or east. i've been directly (more or less) south to the ocean in alabama. that was an eight hour drive. east would be north carolina...i have no idea how far that'd be. probably about the same, i think it takes six hours to drive through tennessee.

and i'd lived by the beach my whole life! at one point in cape canaveral i could WALK to the beach. it was fantastic. plus we had peacocks in our front yard and a pool. i still remember that rental house :heart: although it had some bad things though. we were walking to the beach one time and came across a scorpion!! :yikes: and the house reeked of wet dog, and there was uhhh...i'll just say a bug outside on my bedroom window. so i couldn't sleep in my bed. i bet my parents were glad when we moved! :uhoh:

believe me, i wish i was 30 minutes from the ocean :sad: or less!! i'd love to be closer.

I honestly am not all too concerned about having an ocean nearby, since I hate the beach and most oceanside landscapes I like are out in places inaccessible to legally blind me, but it just seems so normal for it to be a very short drive. The furthest I've ever lived from the ocean ... well, is probably now, and I could get to the ocean in about half an hour or so. On the Gold Coast, due to shocking Gold Coast traffic, it took us about 30 minutes to get to the beach, but we were up on a hill and could actually see the sea, so.

But I do come from an island rather than a whopping big continent.

I should confess, I actually do all my model railway stuff in Imperial. This is mainly due to the fact that most model railway publications are either 1. American or 2. English or Aussie that began publication prior to metrification and haven't bothered to change. So it's a matter of convenience there. Only non-English speaking parts of the hobby/industry have gone metric.

But really, that's just using feet and inches and nothing more. I couldn't tell you how many feet are in a mile. 2,700 and something, or something moronic like that?

5,000 + I've never been able to remember the exact number. Got a lot of b's on math tests in hschool because of that, sadly that's not a joke.

Damn us Americans and are inferior mathematics and grammar. :wink:

Seriously though, I think using Celcius for scientific purposes is logical but for just talking about the weather everyone should use the system we have here. It is like how for science purposes animals have latin names but for everyday communication we just use their common names.

That's idiotic.

God, why did I even unignore this post. I don't need to see such stupidity.

:yes: cooking stuff has to be modified for people living in elevated towns.

and if it's humid, candymaking needs to be modified too. don't make fudge if it's humid!

why thank you. I'll be sure to remember that factoid the next time I'm working in my fudge factory on top of the Andes

I honestly am not all too concerned about having an ocean nearby, since I hate the beach and most oceanside landscapes I like are out in places inaccessible to legally blind me, but it just seems so normal for it to be a very short drive. The furthest I've ever lived from the ocean ... well, is probably now, and I could get to the ocean in about half an hour or so. On the Gold Coast, due to shocking Gold Coast traffic, it took us about 30 minutes to get to the beach, but we were up on a hill and could actually see the sea, so.

But I do come from an island rather than a whopping big continent.
and see, i love the ocean. and swimming pools. and water parks. we have none of these things here. well, there are pools, but they're either 1. in gyms and such where you have to pay for membership or 2. in really bad parts of town.

no water parks. the two we had both closed before we moved here. one closed because of sluggish sales, the other closed because someone died.

I was then. I meant that I won't be doing karaoke again if I can help it, which means I won't be doing it sober again. :wink:

And since I've never been drunk... the world does not need to hear me butchering songs that have already been butchered by the karaoke machine.

How many bootlegs will it take me to talk you into this? :shifty:

acoephotoofmcharbor.jpg

This! Is where I live

And guys, Photobucket says you can edit your pictures with a Paris Hilton photo editor now OHHH SnAPZ :hyper: :|

Hey, powerplant? Way to ruin a lakeside.

OK, so next thread is Die, France, right? I take it I'm making it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom