Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fasterfox pre-loads images which speeds that up. but it's pretty minimal anyway, and you should check out the wysiwyg editor, it's got a shitload of features

• making

1. lists
  2. and
  3. stuff
and way, way superior handling text modification, it's like word, you click bold and it goes bold, you click red and it goes red, you say size 5 etc etc, none of that sutpid popping up box. and you can jusify text!

See, that all just strikes me as pointless bells and whistles that I will almost never use - and if I do need to use it, I know the code anyway. I'll stick with very basic webpages. That's the way I like them - sparse, simple, and uncluttered.

Just downloaded some airport charts.

Fuck me dead, this shit is complicated.

branching out?

so you're in a program that trains you to fly? or plannign to do one after uni?

in the us pretty much the only way to become a pilot is to go to the air force academy. general air force recruits don't get trained, you've gotta be hella smart and decide early enough to do academy. then you have to bomb axis of evil countries for a few years, or provide support to soldiers there, and then you can become a private pilot.

the newness is hurting me i think i need to go eat some icecream.

could do with new smilies to celebrate .

the new smiley is not celebratory it's :depressed: : depressed :

I want Sicy to add
theyareontome.gif
too, I think it's hilarious. It's called theyareontome but I'd rename it :runoff: or :runaway: and it's a stronger version of shifty or yikes/wtf depending on how you wanna use it.

i wonder who will get to 50k first, axver or sicy :hmm:

:lol:

I'm kind of worried at how my post rate is speeding up in proportion with how my offline social life is expanding! It's weird anyway. Especially since my increasing post rate makes me look like I'm an offline Nigel No-friends when that's not the case (any more ...).

the new smiley is not celebratory it's :depressed: : depressed :

I want Sicy to add
theyareontome.gif
too, I think it's hilarious. It's called theyareontome but I'd rename it :runoff: or :runaway: and it's a stronger version of shifty or yikes/wtf depending on how you wanna use it.

That is kickass!

:depressed: not such a good new smiley.

I haven't been 45ed yet on the new forum.

Ooh, so it's 30ed now. And 7 seconds to go. Niiice. I think I recall reading about this when I caught up this morning, actually.

Must be un30ed now.

That is kickass!

:depressed: not such a good new smiley.

Khan's coming to kick your arse.

Yeah Khan and I have been wanting :depressed: for a while. :sad: looks like it's crying and can be either pouty or dramatic, either way I think it's kinda loud. If I was actually really upset about something I'd rather use :depressed: which is just about the saddest most miserable smiley i've ever seen.

and yeah
theyareontome.gif
just cracks me up. look at that crazed determination as he scampers away!

Last edited:
I haven't been 45ed yet on the new forum.

Ooh, so it's 30ed now. And 7 seconds to go. Niiice. I think I recall reading about this when I caught up this morning, actually.

Must be un30ed now.

everyone's on 30 right now, they're gonna fix it. i really love the new notification, no hitting back or guessing how long to go.

Yeah Khan and I have been wanting :depressed: for a while. :sad: looks like it's crying and can be either pouty or dramatic, either way I think it's kinda loud. If I was actually really upset about something I'd rather use :depressed: which is just about the saddest most miserable smiley i've ever seen.

If I'm honest, :depressed: looks like :( with zinc on.

everyone's on 30 right now, they're gonna fix it. i really love the new notification, no hitting back or guessing how long to go.

Oh damn, well I'll enjoy it while it lasts! Or upgrade to premium, which I might do in a few days. May do it so I become premium in time to start Live U2 Survivor, if people want that to follow Rest Of U2 Survivor.

But yeah, the new notification is very welcome. Definitely one of the best new features.

GOOD SMILIES.

bdayfrown.gif

g015.gif

smoking-smiley-5436.gif

emotgonk1ae.gif

emotc00lpd3.gif

angry-smiley-035.gif

I once saw a version of :rockon: where the guy was wearing a beret and the Eiffel Tower was in the background. It was only the best thing ever.

Mainly, though:
cryingeagle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom