Whitney Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I have never been a fan, but as a person, I feel sorry for her. They keep making such a big deal in the media about her using pot. So what? Almost all stars have, why is so shocking for her? So Bobby drove drunk, and he beat her. That happens to thousands of people every day. What a shame it's such a spectacle when it's her husband. Last night I saw footage of her Dad's funeral on TV, coffin and all. They had to zoom in on her crying. Is NOTHING sacred? I just don't understand why she has become such a target for the tabloids and media when so many other people are doing so much worse.

I think the reason the media makes a big deal about Whitney's drug use is she once had a very "good girl" image, so it's more shocking than someone who has always been known as a drug user.

Desire4Bono said:
I have never been a fan, but as a person, I feel sorry for her. They keep making such a big deal in the media about her using pot. So what? Almost all stars have, why is so shocking for her? So Bobby drove drunk, and he beat her. That happens to thousands of people every day. What a shame it's such a spectacle when it's her husband. Last night I saw footage of her Dad's funeral on TV, coffin and all. They had to zoom in on her crying. Is NOTHING sacred? I just don't understand why she has become such a target for the tabloids and media when so many other people are doing so much worse.

While I certainly don't agree with bombarding her at her father's wake (she did not attend the funeral it has been reported), I believe the media fascination with her is because:

1) Last month in a highly publicized interview - she admitted to having been a heroin and cocaine user

2) She wanted her receipts from buying crack

3) Her public appearances have been increasingly erratic - if and WHEN she shows up anymore.

4) At a Michael Jackson tribute concert 2 years ago, she appeared as a human skeleton, covered in sweat

5) Her notorious diva reputation

6) Her husband's problems with the law

Desire4Bono said:
So Bobby drove drunk, and he beat her. That happens to thousands of people every day.

Unfortunately it does....just goes to show that money doesn't equal happiness.

did she admit to him beating her?

I think she is another one who caved into the pressure of celebrity....

come to think of it, I can't think of a single celebrity who hasn't caved in one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom