When one goes mobile with one's CD's... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-03-2003, 09:20 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 02:42 PM
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
CD transportation is the main reason I still don't have a CD player in any of my vehicles. If I'm going on a long trip, I'll use a portable and plug it in through the tape deck, but otherwise, the daily wear and tear on the CDs going from car to house to work and back isn't worth it to me.
It is the reason why I have a car CD changer. OK, I can only put 6 CD's in them (so I have to change it about once a week), but I have no hassles when I'm driving. The CD's are safe in the back and I can concentrate on my driving instead of trying to change discs. I never want to have it any other way.

C ya!

Old 10-03-2003, 09:52 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:42 AM
I burn copies of all my favorite CDs--the ones that I love to listen to in my car, that is--so that I never have originals in my car. In all I have about 20 CDs in my carrying case, none of which are originals, and none of them skip yet. When I first started doing this I figured it would eventually get out of control, but I found that I get obsessed with 2-3 CDs at a time and I can listen to those in my car for months before feeling the need to burn something else.

Old 10-03-2003, 01:37 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:42 PM
when I go mobile with my cds I pick the cd I wanna listen to pop it in my discman or whatever you call it. I listen. Put it safely back in my bag after bus journey cus I dont like walking and listneing to music if im crossing busy roads. Then I get home and pop cd safely back into cover. Voila! no scratches
Old 10-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 08:42 AM
now how in the fucking hell do you transport vinyl without dropping a dozren LPs on the freaking sidewalk? if i could afford to go buy this stuff on cd, i'd just bring that with me....dammit! amazingly enough nothing's broken YET...

Old 10-04-2003, 12:56 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:42 AM
i keep my CDs in a cd carrying case in my car. I have two, a regular soft one and one of those one's that go on your visor. I always leave them in my car, so i don't have to worry about leaving them anywhere (just about my car getting stolen). I do most a lot of my music listening in my car cause i spend a lot of time in it, and I have all my cds recorded into Realplayer so i can listen to them in my house. I don't treat my cds that well, but they never seem to get scratched bad enough to make them skip.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:01 AM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 12:42 PM
I just take them in the jewel cases. Which is a slight problem when I have a seven hour train journey and I need lots of music...my bag ends up being full of CDs and I can't fit in my clothes or my toothbrush or some other necessity.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:05 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 08:42 AM
oh come on wizzbees, eeeeeveryone knoes cds are FAR more important than toothbrushes!!
Old 10-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 07:42 AM
I feel really embarrassed now about how I handle my cds.

Don't get me wrong, I am careful, but now I feel like a bad mom or something for putting them in a cd album.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:27 AM   #24
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Best thing I ever invested in is an in-car mp3 player - I can burn like 160 songs onto one disc - brilliant - totally gets rid of the fear of people breaking into my car and stealing my precious cd's. Next is to get an ipod - then I'm totally in business
Old 10-06-2003, 03:31 AM   #25
Blue Meth Addict
I dont use the cd book/carrier things. I've had 3 friends get them stolen.

One of my friends lost about 300 cd's out of one.

I keep them in the cases they come in and never leave them in my car.

Safety first
Old 10-06-2003, 03:34 AM   #26
love, blood, life
Local Time: 08:42 PM

i think i usually listen to cassettes on my long journeys
Old 10-20-2003, 12:36 PM   #27
I pretty much do what joyfulgirl does, that is burn cds of my favorites to take with me. And I also tend to get stuck on a limited number of cds at any one time, so I really never take too many at one time. I do miss the cover art and the liner notes though, but then again, I shouldn't be looking and reading while I'm driving now should I?