Whats all the fuss about Radiohead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiohead are definately 'different', and you either love em or you hate em. I didnt get them AT ALL until a certain someone made me listen to them until I realized why so many people like them. Anyway, I can understand the hate, just as easily as I can understand the love. Opinions people.. opinions.

i blame deathbearz

yertle-the-turtle said:

Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon.

:shifty:

The ever-wise Yertle beat me to it.

Only the Old Time Interferencers would know that Bang and Clatter REALLY IS a Radiohead forum (original title of said sub-forum listed above).

Re: i blame deathbearz

zonelistener said:

The ever-wise Yertle beat me to it.

Only the Old Time Interferencers would know that Bang and Clatter REALLY IS a Radiohead forum (original title of said sub-forum listed above).

Old school FTW :up:

I dig some Radiohead, but honestly haven't listened to them by choice for a few years now. I enjoy the earlier stuff more than the recent work. I haven't even heard a single note of In Rainbows yet, and could care less. :shrug:

people like Radiohead
people like Norah Jones

all is well

that being said
Norah Jones fans seem to be less irritating

I think of Radiohead in the same way that I think of the Arcade Fire--they're overrated, in my opinion, but they're certainly talented, and I can understand why many people like them as much as they do. I'm not a huge Radiohead fan, but I liked In Rainbows far more than I expected to.

I think I'd probably like Radiohead more if I hadn't been kicked in the head in the mosh pit the only time I saw them.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I think I'd probably like Radiohead more if I hadn't been kicked in the head in the mosh pit the only time I saw them.

The idea of a mosh pit at a Radiohead show makes me giggle every time. :giggle: Someone moshing to Fake Plastic Trees...

Re: Re: i blame deathbearz

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I dig some Radiohead, but honestly haven't listened to them by choice for a few years now. I enjoy the earlier stuff more than the recent work. I haven't even heard a single note of In Rainbows yet, and could care less. :shrug:

Hi. :wave:

I won't jump into this discussion because I feel that music, like anything in this universe that requires personal taste, i.e. such as food, is subjective. And people should feel free to enjoy whatever artists they like, without fear of having their musical tastes called into question by others. To me, these debates are pointless and lead to nowhere.

However, what I will say is this: April, I think what you mean here is that you "haven't even heard a single note of In Rainbows yet, and couldn't care less." If you "could care less" then this means that you actually do care, even if it's only a little bit.

:nerd: :shifty:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
What should make you giggle even harder is that they were opening for Alanis Morrisette :yes:

:lol: I'm sure the moshing was even worse back when they were touring with REM. I had no idea Radiohead fans had so much pent up energy. :huh:

Re: Re: Re: i blame deathbearz

BonoManiac said:

Hi. :wave:

I won't jump into this discussion because I feel that music, like anything in this universe that requires personal taste, i.e. such as food, is subjective. And people should feel free to enjoy whatever artists they like, without fear of having their musical tastes called into question by others. To me, these debates are pointless and lead to nowhere.

However, what I will say is this: April, I think what you mean here is that you "haven't even heard a single note of In Rainbows yet, and couldn't care less." If you "could care less" then this means that you actually do care, even if it's only a little bit.

:nerd: :shifty:

Got me there. :wink:

This thread wins. :corn:

ETA: I seem to remember when this forum was called Yesterday I Woke Up Sucking a Lemon. Am I really that old-school? :scratch:

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
it's interesting to me how any band can be considered over-rated on this website, when reminded that this place is actually about u2.

bear-

suppose thom and bono got thrown together at a table to have lunch at some stupid event and...

...after a while do you think bono would reach across the table and start shaking and slapping little thom and tell him to stop acting all mopey, despondent and depressed, that it's old hat and not scoring him any real points in this life, that he's no "hamlet" and start drinking some green tea more often, eat protein bars and listen to more ABBA records and learn to live a little bit?

or do you think they would listen to curt cobain music and comisserate together?

what's your take on this scenario? do u think it already happened or what?

love,
<>

In '02, I was 16.

A fine example for the Three Musketeers of what you can do if you sit in front of a computer for six years. Keep 'er up, boys! :wink:

DaveC said:
In '02, I was 16.

A fine example for the Three Musketeers of what you can do if you sit in front of a computer for six years. Keep 'er up, boys! :wink:

We all have shrines to you somewhere in our homes. My mother keeps asking who the awkward-looking man in army fatigues is, but I haven't said anything.

LemonMelon said:

We all have shrines to you somewhere in our homes. My mother keeps asking who the awkward-looking man in army fatigues is, but I haven't said anything.

It's because I look so familiar to her. But we were both drunk, so it doesn't surprise me that she forgot my name.

:sexywink:

What with Laz and Dalton double-teaming my own mommy all night, I'm afraid I need to look elsewhere... :(

LM's mom FTW.

:shrug: She's not nearly as interesting. If there were drugs about, I would be utilizing them, and pedokiss would start making sense.

LemonMelon said:
:shrug: She's not nearly as interesting. If there were drugs about, I would be utilizing them, and pedokiss would start making sense.

:angry:

what I ment was that they're good, but not good enough to reach to more people

Back
Top Bottom