What no thread about Ben and J-Lo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
womanfish said:
Ben was in one of my favorite movies ever - Mallrats (my favorite Kevin Smith movie

Mallrats is my favourite Kevin Smith movie too. All the view askew fanboys seem to have it bad for Clerks, tho. ;)

from imdb.com today...

J.Lo Ends Up on Cutting Room Floor

The failure of Gigli has enabled director Kevin Smith to rejigger his upcoming Jersey Girl into the kind of movie he had originally conceived -- one that features Ben Affleck as a single father raising a young daughter, the New York Times reported today (Monday). Until unfavorable reviews of Gigli began to roll in, Smith had been prevailed upon to expand the role of the girl's mother, played by Jennifer Lopez, in order to take advantage of the publicity surrounding the Affleck-Lopez romance. Smith told the Times that he began trimming Lopez's scenes after Jersey Girl tested poorly with preview audiences. But, he said, Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein "was always 'Let's leave as much of Jennifer in because we paid her $4 million for the movie.'" Her character now dies in the movie's first 15 minutes, the Times said.

violet said:

Mallrats is my favourite Kevin Smith movie too. All the view askew fanboys seem to have it bad for Clerks, tho. ;)

Yeah, it's funny. To use a U2 analogy, I think that Mallrats got treated a lot like POP got treated. There was some bad word of mouth and the movie before it was such a cult hit that nobody gave it a chance and they just bad-mouth it without having seen it or having watched it with a pre-concieved notion that it sucks.

I love it and have watched it probably 30 times. Ben is great and the arrival of Jason Lee! He's incredible. I also think it's the best that Jay and Silent Bob have ever been.

HelloAngel said:
from imdb.com today...

J.Lo Ends Up on Cutting Room Floor
But, he said, Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein "was always 'Let's leave as much of Jennifer in because we paid her $4 million for the movie.'" Her character now dies in the movie's first 15 minutes, the Times said.

From the early reviews I read on AICN (that came out before Gigli) she was always supposed to die in the first 15 minutes.

But the AICN reviewers were urging Smith to cut her out altogether because her scenes were terrible. :laugh:

I just read this on MSN..

Affleck's Thong

Just when it looks like things couldn't get worse for Ben Affleck -- after awful reviews for "Gigli," the film then tanked at the box office -- and then the thong story hits.

According to Britain's Heat magazine, a rather flustered hotel chambermaid in Atlanta, Georgia says that when she walked in to clean the room Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were occupying, she came face to face with J.Lo herself -- and Affleck's tiny thong underwear.

The woman said, "As a hotel maid I see a lot of things, but I never once expected to walk in on Ben Affleck wearing an itsy-bitsy black thong." And while just the mere thought of Ms. Lopez strikes fear in the heart of many a hotel staffer, the stunned cleaner claims that, "Jen was not impressed that I had stumbled in on them. Perhaps she was embarrassed that her husband-to-be's underwear is more feminine than hers?" Ouch. Now that's one feisty chambermaid!

MrsSpringsteen said:
According to Britain's Heat magazine, a rather flustered hotel chambermaid in Atlanta, Georgia says that when she walked in to clean the room Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were occupying, she came face to face with J.Lo herself -- and Affleck's tiny thong underwear.

:silent: i promise i know nothing about this incident.

Back
Top Bottom