What magazines do you read?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
National Geographic is the only magazine I'm subscribed to. I buy women's magazines like Company, Marie Claire, New Look, and InStyle if they have a good free gift (I have about ten handbags and makeup bags that I've gotten with magazines :lol: ). I found a bookstore with a pretty big selection of American magazines last week and bought Oprah magazine, which is surprisingly good (but expensive at £3.75!). I only buy music magazines if they feature U2. I read the Fly and a local music magazine called Play when I can find them, which is rare.

Basstrap said:
I subscribe to Enema Weekly
caisenema weekly?

:shh:

i don't really read any magazines regularly. i'll maybe pick one up if it has something of interest.

that said, i enjoy flipping through 'adbusters' every now and then, and i've found 'under the radar' quite good for music-related stuff.

*edit:

so i just checked the under the radar site and i MUST have this. :drool:

Last edited:
I have subsriptions to Rolling Stone & Spin
RS i have to say even though at times it getts to poppy or rappy ..the fact that it comes every 2 weeks and at least has little articles on politics or real life stories and when theres a picture of a band i like i know it will be big

spin is kina sucky, but i got a good deal

i also like Blender, Q, UNcut/NME, entertainment weekly, adbusters, national geographic

lmjhitman said:

so i just checked the under the radar site and i MUST have this. :drool:

Thanks for the link, do you know when that comes out and can you get it at Chapters?

I gotta pick up a copy of adbusters, I have perused it at the newstand but never bought a copy. Seems relatively popular.:eyebrow:

I only buy a few, the others I just read occasionally at B&N, the hair salon, the doctor, etc

Time/Newsweek
Sports Illustrated
People
Star
Cosmo
Vanity Fair
Entertainment Weekly
In Style
Boston Magazine
GQ
Ms-is that even still around?

trevster2k said:

Thanks for the link, do you know when that comes out and can you get it at Chapters?
i don't know if i would have found that if you hadn't got me thinking about magazines. those are like, ALL of my favourite bands right now - all in one magazine. that's so cool.

that link says it's on stands now, but i was just at chapters and indigo on friday and didn't see it. i'll check again this week. if not, i'll have to go to the news stand.

Heat, Hello, OK!, New, Now, Cosmo, What's on tv, Q, NME, The list, Glamour, New Woman, Wildlife mag, Psychologies, More, Inside soap, soaplife, Mojo&S. Times travel mag!

angelordevil said:
Canadian Geographic
Macleans

I've found both of these to be quite interesting when I've read them. I enjoy learning about Canada.

Melon

My free subscriptions I find online:
Stuff
Blender
FHM
Details
Maxim
GQ

Paid subscriptions:
Playboy (yeah, I read it for the articles and the naked women)
Rolling Stone
Parents
Sesame Street

I buy anything with U2 or Angelina on the cover.

free subscriptions, eh! :hmm:

Must be a catch though.

I would think for most of us here anything pertaining to U2 would be bought.

trevster2k said:
free subscriptions, eh! :hmm:

Must be a catch though.

No, no catch. I used to be a freebie junkie and would scour the net for all kinds of stuff. The mag freebies are pretty frequent, I'm looking now and will post a link if I see any available. :)

trevster2k said:

Gimme a break, I trying to increase my word usage even if it may be incorrect.:wink:

Nooo, I meant peruse, as in look through the magazine shelves without buying all the ones you like....It's my guilty pleasure.

angelordevil said:

Nooo, I meant peruse, as in look through the magazine shelves without buying all the ones you like....It's my guilty pleasure.

I'm with ya there:up:

I picked up that new issue of Under The Radar on Friday, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. With all that I buy, I tend to get backed up. :der:

subscribe:
PC Gamer
Entertainment Weekly
Esquire (my sub just ended, need to renew)

read(6+ issues/yr):
US News & World Report
Men's Health
Cycle World
Maximum PC
Muscle & Fitness
New Yorker (roommates)

plus dozens more i read, but less often.

Subscribed to National Geographic; Time (haven't renewed for 6 months, but still pick it up); Powder, Architectural Record. And I get a lot of Sierra Trading Post catalogs in the mail...

Back
Top Bottom