WHAT DO YOU WANT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
A.)Delete this forum.
Suffer and deal with scattered Radiohead threads in EYKIW and Lemonade Stand.

B.)Keep this forum.
No Radiohead threads have been posted in other forums..everything organized.. in its right place? If you don?t like Radiohead don?t post here.

C.)Merge this forum.
Make this forum a general discussion about all bands other than U2.

I want EVERYONE to answer. Lurkers and newbies included.

I am open to B or C.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

i think b or c. even with fewer threads, there are more radiohead threads than any other band. i personally like having a radiohead forum. but being that some people kind of freaked out about it, i could understand making it into a general music type of forum.

this is a given! look at how many people post here! this forum is doing very well. it has to be one of the most participated forums here, we must keep it the way it is.

b.

if this forum goes away, or changes for the worse, i will likely do something stupid and get myself banned.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

B)

There's not much Radiohead activity right now. They will tour again and release another record and this forum will be more lively.

deathbear, you used to post more Radiohead threads in main then you do here.

Do you want to explain that?

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

B

I think we should keep the forum the way it is but that probably doesn't surprise any of you. The forum is new and should be given a chance to establish itself before we just give up on it.

Bear, I am also very interested in knowing why it is that you hardly ever post here. We need your help to make this work. Explain yourself, please.

And I just have to say that if this forum does become merged into a general music forum, I don't want to hear anyone bitching about how there are too many radiohead threads in there.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Originally posted by Calluna:
B

And I just have to say that if this forum does become merged into a general music forum, I don't want to hear anyone bitching about how there are too many radiohead threads in there.

Hey! Don't worry about that! I'd start enough Vanilla Ice threads to even it out.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

for now I would choose B, since I think the demands for a radiohead forum are large enough and threads about other bands can be posted in Lemonade Stand

the part about not posting here if you don't like Radiohead does not suit me to well, but if that is what the majority decides I guess it's alright with me

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
the part about not posting here if you don't like Radiohead does not suit me to well, but if that is what the majority decides I guess it's alright with me

I dont get it. Why post in a forum of a Band that you dont like?

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by Salome:

I agree. I guess if there's one thing about this forum that bugs me is that it has that "Elite" feel to it. "If you don't like Radiohead, GET OUT!" I don't agree with that one bit. If I post something in LS about Smashing Pumpkins, I'm putting my thread on the line for positive and negative replies. It shouldn't be any different here.

My answer is still C.

------------------

If you purposely come in here to trash the band, I'm sorry but that stinks. That's all I'm trying to say mikal.

If you truly like the band, negative and positive responses are welcome, as with any forum.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
If you purposely come in here to trash the band, I'm sorry but that stinks.

I agree. Don't get hostile please.

------------------

c

it's by far the best option:

1. not elitist

2. not exclusive to radiohead

3. eliminates other bands from main discussion forms, such as eykiw or ls

the only problem i could possibly foresee would be an intensification of the problem with fans of bands fighting with each other. by creating one forum with many different fans, it could potentially create a problem, amongst idiots mind you(imo).

------------------
november 12th 1955

why dont i post more here? thats a good question.

its not that im short of material. i have plenty of ideas for threads that i will impliment now.

some may be boring, but isnt everything you know is wrong have the same traits? i will do my part to keep this place going, no question about it.

however, i should say one more thing. i am trying, trying being the key word here, to post less. im not trying to have people cry for me or whatever, but the goal is for me not to be hooked onto this place. i shouldnt be addicted to this or anything. and i am. so we shall just wait and see how terribly i fail at this latest inspiration.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

B. Enough has been changed in here of late. Just let it lie for a few months and see how the new forum develops.

MAYBE further down the track, this forum could be merged to become a sort of 'all other bands' area, but I'd suggest that Lemonade Stand already fulfils that role admirably.

Everything in its Right Place is serving its purpose. If enough people object to its existence, no doubt it will be disposed of eventually. But until such time... let it rest.

I don't give a shit really. I mean there's way too many forums here but Elvis has made it clear that he thinks that's good... so I get by by ignoring most of them most of the time.

Thanks for the explanation, bear.

Originally posted by mikal:
I agree. I guess if there's one thing about this forum that bugs me is that it has that "Elite" feel to it.

This is definitely not the only forum on Interference that is said to have an elitist feel to it. If elitism is bad then we should get rid of Its Official while we're at it. But I don't think that is a good idea because IO servers a purpose here and so does the radiohead forum. You are part of It's Official, mikal and you can see that what may appear elitist from the outside-looking-in is actually just a group of friends playing around and having fun in reality.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

BTW I am not saying a change will be made tomorrow. I just thought it would help to discuss exaclty how everyone feels about this forum, and if in a while it feels like it's not working out, then decisions will be made based on everyones preferences.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

C)I have nothing against Radiohead, but don't they have there own website/forum?

------------------
N A T E

When I grow up I'll be stable...

b

I really don't see a problem here, i think even the people who say they don't like this forum secretly love it because it gives them something to bitch about

C is defintely the way to go. EYKIW should be limited to U2-realted threads and Lemonade stand to other non-music topics. All non-U2 music should be in one forum, maybe this makes too much sense. There are not enough RH threads daily to dedicate an entire forum to the band. The biggest obstacle will be enforcing the rules and moving threads. By the way, all the different forums make me nauseous. I think the forums are too fragmented, and most folks only stick to a couple of forums.

Well, this forum doesn't bother me at all, so don't delete it.

I could see merging it into an "other music only" thread. And then make a sports forum.
wink.gif

So I vote "C"

------------------

Make it a loosely enforced "C." Why I say "loosely" is so that the silly deathbear-like threads can remain.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom