What do you collect? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2003, 05:17 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:37 PM
I mainly collect Music Recordings. I say it like that because I really do own at least one example of every single type of media that was used for music (i.e. 77s, 45s, 12", acetates, reel to reel, audio cassettes, 8Track, CD, VCD, DVAudio, MP3 and so on).

When I was younger and before Pita came into my life I used to collect anything related to cats. It was sorta like Meggy and her Pengies. My dad thought it was a lil obscure that a boy would have such in intreast in kitties and would occsionally look at me weird.

I'm thinking of collecting those lil 50ml bottles of liquor you see on drug store counters. I thought it would be cool to have my very own mini-bar Although you really aren't supposed to drink them. Also my parents think I drink too much and I'm afraid that hobby will only confirm this to them. I just like the old romantic Hollywood image of it all. Back in the days when a martini and a cigar was the proper way to kick back and relax.

Old 04-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #47
The Fly

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
you know how some kids collected stickers? i thought i would be new and original if i collected differnt stickers from fruit and vegetables...
I collected stickers in the 80's too, everybody in my class did. We used to trade them. That and jelly bracelets

Today I collect frog stuff
Depression glass (green)
Flowers in my flower garden, they're taking over my entire yard

Old 04-03-2003, 10:49 AM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

i collect debt
Old 04-03-2003, 11:03 AM   #49
Refugee

Well postcards.......got around 100 of them.
And IF I can afford it U2 videos, CDs and DVDs.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #50
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:37 PM
ooh one more thing...in a little less than two weeks, i'll start a new collection: work paychecks!
Old 04-04-2003, 01:31 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I collect small porcelain animal figurines that you get for free when you buy a box of Red Rose tea. I drink alot of tea, therefore I have alot of figurines. The last series was endangered North American animals and I got every single one except for the Timber Wolf. The new series is Noah's Ark so you have to collect a male and female pair of each animal. The other day I got a second lioness and I was disapointed. I wish I knew someone else who collects them so I could trade with them.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:33 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:37 PM
I used to have tons of those, Calluna, and I was just looking at them on the internet the other day, wondering if they still made the tea!

I want a penguin and a hippo.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:37 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I used to have tons of those, Calluna, and I was just looking at them on the internet the other day, wondering if they still made the tea!

I want a penguin and a hippo.
Cool, meegannie! I'm glad someone knows what I am talking about. Yes they still make Red Rose tea and it's widely available here on the west coast at least. It's my absolute favourite tea so I would have no choice but to collect the figurines even if I didn't like them.

If I had a penguin figurine I would definitely send it to you!
Old 04-04-2003, 06:31 PM   #54
War Child

Local Time: 03:37 PM
I love baby dragons - I look for the Pocket Dragons especially.

I have one of those new Italian charm bracelets for myself and a traditional silver charm bracelet I am collecting for my niece. It has a whale from our whale watching trip, a koala from Australia, a crown from London, a gold nugget from Alaska, Pluto and Dumbo from the times I took her to Disneyworld - then stuff she has done like ballet and roller blades and etc.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:38 PM   #55
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
dust
I'm going to live in angies' basement

I'll spent my time organizing, labelling and assorting her collection of dust

it will be fab
:cheesyman:
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 04-04-2003, 06:38 PM   #56
you are what you is

oh my, new sig

me = rule
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 04-05-2003, 02:51 AM   #57
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:37 AM
I'll get to work sorting out the building of a basement under my concrete slab Slomey. It may not have a door, so you might have to live there forever. Not that it will matter as there is a lot of dust to catalogue.

re: sig, I didn't agree with betty feeling it was best to change it back. Apologies to you, not betty.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:50 AM   #58
War Child

Usually just U2 stuff. But if you saw my purse (I had it in Cleveland!) you'd see i collect buttons..you know pins? I have tons of U2 patches and buttons on my purse. But i have over 100 of other buttons and patches. Like other bands or sayings. One i just got i liked said "If you can't laugh at yourself make fun of others" and "Some women are just born wonderful" But the U2 ones are my favorite. I have spent way to much on Ebay getting them
Old 04-05-2003, 03:57 AM   #59
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I'll get to work sorting out the building of a basement under my concrete slab Slomey.
a shed would also do
~Frank Zappa
Old 04-05-2003, 10:05 AM   #60
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:37 PM
lmao - i have that entire set as well. wonders what in gods name i was thinking when i bought those.

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

I still have those Desert Shield/Storm cards at home somewhere. I need to break out al my cards and sell them.