Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
if you're there while i'm there we can visit each other! that goes for anyone. i've got a friend who'll be working in london as well who i haven't seen in some years.

i put in my extended interview section of my profile that i'm a u2 nut and if they tour i'll be taking some of my vacation to follow them. just so the families are forewarned.
Cool! :D

Maybe I should warn potential employers about that too... :lol:

That was kinda my ulterior motive... I was always planning on seeing U2 in the UK or Dublin :)hyper: ) next tour, just in case they didn't make it down here again, but it'll be a lot easier if I'm already living in the area :wink:

Varitek said:

ha. the live in arrangements all seem nice - room and bathroom that you might share when the family has a guest (share the bathroom not the room), most have in-room tv and internet (yes i'll still be on the blue crack, complaining about the nappies) and some have a seperate entrance. i dunno how late i can stay out in geneva, as in, how good public transit is so i'm hoping for a centrally located family (i don't mind walking 20 minutes in a safe city after a night out either). and yeah, i'd hope to have a guy or two or ten who could bring me to his place.

the one thing is, i think i'll probably be way more intellectual than other au pairs, so i dunno where i'll make friends, because if i were working a normal job i'd be like, dude vazza, you're an au pair, loser, i don't wanna be your friend. so yes, i'm prejudiced against myself/others in the job.

Sounds like what my cousin is doing with us, except the poor bugger has ended up sharing a room with me because our house is so small.

And I'm sure there are intelligent people in Geneva - just go stalk people at universities or something.

Varitek said:
i definitely like rise up and desert of our love better. i remember getting the cd, after all hte WOS hype, and thinking "wtf the other 2 are better"
:up:

I love Rise Up, and that bass sounds so Gracelandy... :drool:

When did Graceland come out? :scratch:

Alisaura said:

That was kinda my ulterior motive... I was always planning on seeing U2 in the UK or Dublin :)hyper: ) next tour, just in case they didn't make it down here again, but it'll be a lot easier if I'm already living in the area :wink:

If U2 don't tour down here, I'm totally going over to England no matter what. Screw waiting another 7 years or whatever it was.

Axver said:

Remember these?

Blur.jpg

Jen.jpg

Of course. They still bring in the :lol:s.

Still, not a man of abs.

Varitek said:
i absolutely love kids. mostly the cleaning seems to be tidying up after them, which the good parents all want you to get the kids to do with you, obviously. and laundry, which i hate doing now because it's 3 stories down but wouldn't be bad with a little u2 on and such. cooking i love, so that's cool, and a chance to get better at it especially because i've really only cooked for myself before.
You sound cut out for au pair work then! I would suck at it... I have kid-phobia :reject:

The Sad Punk said:

Of course. They still bring in the :lol:s.

Still, not a man of abs.

Judging by all the shirtless moments in the early days, he thought he was hot stuff though! :lol:

Axver said:

Judging by all the shirtless moments in the early days, he thought he was hot stuff though! :lol:

Maybe he didn't do the laundry often enough...

Or perhaps Bono was on fire prior to the whole Edge being on fire thingy.

It would make it difficult to wear any clothes.

Axver said:

THAT'S WHAT I FUCKING MISSED IN 2003.

The crowd was just going so fucking insane when we walked in, the atmosphere was ballistic.

New Zealand won 91-7. :up:

Just freaking amazing, is all I'm gonna say. Hear the crowd go berserk when the Tongans start their war dance halfway through the All Blacks'!

INTENSE.

major_panic said:

If U2 don't tour down here, I'm totally going over to England no matter what. Screw waiting another 7 years or whatever it was.

Honestly, if the next album is more of the same ATYCLB/HTDAAB stuff, I don't really care. If they come here, I'll see them. If they don't come here, oh well.

I don't believe they have it in them to release an album that's genuinely exciting either. I hope they prove me wrong. I don't think they will until they drop the dead weight of Bono and Larry though.

Alisaura said:

You sound cut out for au pair work then! I would suck at it... I have kid-phobia :reject:

I don't think I could get sick of great kids. frustrated once in a while, but, watch a little tv or movie, or read a book, or go out for a drink, and i'll be reset. i think i need the change of pace from academics. the chores i'm sure will be tedious but there's no perfect job.

major_panic said:

Just freaking amazing, is all I'm gonna say. Hear the crowd go berserk when the Tongans start their war dance halfway through the All Blacks'!

INTENSE.

The Tongan one is fucking huge too. They TOTALLY took it to the All Blacks. That is so the best way to respond to the Haka.

I remember in 2006, the Welsh rugby board got into a dispute with the NZ Rugby Football Union and it led to the All Blacks performing the Haka in the dressing room. Biiiig mistake. The whole thing just fired up the All Blacks so much that they came out and tore the Welsh apart, limb by limb. I've never seen the Welsh so systematically destroyed before.

Axver said:

The Tongan one is fucking huge too. They TOTALLY took it to the All Blacks. That is so the best way to respond to the Haka.

I remember in 2006, the Welsh rugby board got into a dispute with the NZ Rugby Football Union and it led to the All Blacks performing the Haka in the dressing room. Biiiig mistake. The whole thing just fired up the All Blacks so much that they came out and tore the Welsh apart, limb by limb. I've never seen the Welsh so systematically destroyed before.

I remember reading about that, and thinking something like "if you pansies can't take the sight of them performing a war dance, you're gonna deserve what you get for making them do it indoors".

Varitek said:
I don't think I could get sick of great kids. frustrated once in a while, but, watch a little tv or movie, or read a book, or go out for a drink, and i'll be reset. i think i need the change of pace from academics. the chores i'm sure will be tedious but there's no perfect job.
No indeed.

I think I'm afraid of kids for the same reason I hate call centre jobs. You never know what they'll do or say next... :uhoh:

</insight>

major_panic said:

Sounds like what my cousin is doing with us, except the poor bugger has ended up sharing a room with me because our house is so small.

And I'm sure there are intelligent people in Geneva - just go stalk people at universities or something.

i don't want a university student. i want someone with a real job. i'm sure i can meet people at parties, bars, etc.

Hey, Ax, apparently the Isle of Man did the whole women's suffrage thing, albeit not as an independent nation, before NZ. Being Manx myself, I think it is appropriate that you no longer pay out the shitty country I live in just because we're not as good as New Zealand.

That's it, I've got to learn the haka now and use it to psyche myself up before performing martial arts. Or something. I just want an excuse to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom