Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Born and raised a St. Louis Cardinals fan :up:

Ahhh. Good times. Can't say I know too terribly much about the national league, though.... :reject:

:lmao:

tideyq9.jpg

U2democrat said:
I'm determined to see the Cards play this year...centerfielder Jim Edmonds is my all time favorite player and it's quite possible this could be his last season.
You don't think he'll go to the AL and DH?

U2democrat said:
Unlike most Cardinals fans I don't ahve a great deal of animosity toward the Cubs, but I found that in a google image search and thought it was hysterical.

:lol: I didn't know they were rivals. I figured their rivals would be more like the Reds.

the tourist said:

Is that the Phillies (obviously)?

Yeah, their nickname's been the Fightin' Phils for a while, and people like me shorten that to just the Fightin's. I use the Ph to make it clear who I'm talking about.

U2democrat said:

It's possible...his post concussion syndrome has been giving him problems though :(

I admit I haven't followed his career as closely since he went to the NL. Like I said, I follow the AL much more closely.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, their nickname's been the Fightin' Phils for a while, and people like me shorten that to just the Fightin's. I use the Ph to make it clear who I'm talking about.

:up: One of my favourite Phillies memories was John Kruk vs. Randy Johnson in the All-Star game like 15 years ago.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited for the Mariners this year with their stellar rotation.

Though I'm really hoping Felix isn't emotionally hurt from not getting the opening game start.

You're a precious stone
You're out on your own
You know everyone in the world
But you feel alone

We need to finish this thread soon. Hopefully by the time I'm done in 2 hours. Though that'll only happen if Axver, Gluey, Ian, Sad Punk, etc. begin postwhoring now.

U2democrat said:
I need to check the Cards line-up and rotation for this season. I'd love to see a repeat of 2006 :D

Watching the Cards win the world series was beautiful :love:

My team's never been there. Maybe this year, though!

phillyfan26 said:
You're a precious stone
You're out on your own
You know everyone in the world
But you feel alone

I like that song soooo much better live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom