Wetwang Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
What is it with U2 and Boston? All the cool shit and all the weird shit happens there, upon looking at the live history.

- In 1981, Bono fought Larry there (or near Boston).
- They also recorded a whole live album there in '81.
- DVD there in 2001.
- Vertigo Tour 1st leg: OOC debut, WGRYWH debut.
- The insane 12/4 show with the flags during One, Bono leaving the stage and then returning again for two more songs, one being Fast Cars.
- The even more bizarre Elvis and Santa thing at 12/5.

I was there for the Vertigo stuff!!! (except wgrywh :banghead: )

I know you all know that but I still get to enjoy it.

I am surprisingly not really hung over, but I guess I was less drunk than usual.

I never knew any of that Boston stuff...! (Well except the DVD obviously)

Elvis and Santa thing? Bono fighting Larry?! Flags?? HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD??!

Varitek said:

I was there for the Vertigo stuff!!! (except wgrywh :banghead: )

I know you all know that but I still get to enjoy it.

I am surprisingly not really hung over, but I guess I was less drunk than usual.

Go drink more. We need you to overshare, as my attempt to do so failed abysmally.

Oh yes, silly me. :der:

Also, there are things about people that I just don't wanna know. :huh:

Also also, since I was up past 3am, I woke up at midday today, and am therefore still wide awake.

*cue Bad snippet*

where's your attempt to overshare ax?

i will be absolutely trashed tonight. but, i hopefully will be with a guy and not a computer :wink:

ali, santa was funny, but, she's a mystery to me, christmas baby, and norwegian wood were the highlights for me.

Last time I watched Rage was when The Chaser hosted it. Despite their awesomeness, it still sucked.

The Sad Punk said:
Oh yeah, I think I once forced you into listening to Surf's Up once.

Yeah, that too.

Still didn't exactly convert me.

Alisaura said:
Oh yes, silly me. :der:

Also, there are things about people that I just don't wanna know. :huh:

Also also, since I was up past 3am, I woke up at midday today, and am therefore still wide awake.

*cue Bad snippet*

i'm wiiiiiiiide awaaaaaaaake is the soundtrack to my insomnia.

Varitek said:
where's your attempt to overshare ax?

i will be absolutely trashed tonight. but, i hopefully will be with a guy and not a computer :wink:

ali, santa was funny, but, she's a mystery to me, christmas baby, and norwegian wood were the highlights for me.

I'm not digging it back up.

You know the postwhorehouse is better than the Republican.

And come on, you got Gloria and Crumbs and THOSE are your highlights?

Varitek said:
U2 played all those?! :shocked:

And have fun tonight :wink:

Saturday night Rage is usually guest hosted by some band who's about my age, so they have the same nostalgia tracks that I do... but tonight it's all scantily clad women wriggling to bad dance music.

:down:

Axver said:

Yeah, that too.

Still didn't exactly convert me.

I'm very closeminded about that song, so forgive me for thinking that's impossible. :wink:

I hope you can get into it if you try listening to it again sometime. The reputation the Beach Boys have with most people (songs about surfing, Kokomo and a good song butched by Cadbury) really sickens me. They did so much other stuff and were a trillion times more important and talented than the Beatles! [/earlyendofrant]

Alisaura said:

U2 played all those?! :shocked:

No. She's A Mystery was a snippet at the end of One, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) was a snippet in Beautiful Day, and although we list Norwegian Wood on U2VT as a separate song, it was really this "maxi-snippet" between OOTS and SYCMIOYO.

The Sad Punk said:

I'm very closeminded about that song, so forgive me for thinking that's impossible. :wink:

I hope you can get into it if you try listening to it again sometime. The reputation the Beach Boys have with most people (songs about surfing, Kokomo and a good song butched by Cadbury) really sickens me. They did so much other stuff and were a trillion times more important and talented than the Beatles! [/earlyendofrant]

Yeah, well, the Beatles weren't that good or innovative or anything really. The Shadows beat both them and the Beach Boys to it. Well, to anything not involving vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom