Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #511
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
They've got a shitty stadium and the fans were mostly jackasses. But going up to Boston and chillin' like Thomas "Curly" Jefferson was pretty cool.
That's what I've heard too!! I've never been to Boston before though, so this'll be a good way to finally check it out.
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #512
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,812
Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


I can't believe I just slept in past 1pm and then woke up and thought it was too early. I think this is a sign I need to fix my sleeping schedule.
I've been thinking the same thing for three years.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #513
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


I can't believe I just slept in past 1pm and then woke up and thought it was too early. I think this is a sign I need to fix my sleeping schedule.
You and me both, champ; even if I don't know how time actually works down under. Do the clocks spin in the opposite direction?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #514
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 07:14 PM
Big come back win for the Tigers tonight.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #515
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,063
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
For Phanan, here's the Massachusetts schools:

Babson College
Bentley College
Boston College
Boston University
Brandeis University
Clark University
Hampshire College
Nichols College
Northeastern University
Stonehill College
Western New England College
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Ha, I lived at both Nichols College and Bentley for a time.

Nichols is a small business school on the CT border that I don't think you'd want to bother with - it just doesn't have as much resources available as other places. Bentley is nice but full of snobby rich kids (well, I'm sure there are some that don't fall into that category, but they seemed to be everywhere during the short time I was there).
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #516
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
No.

My three top majors right now are communications, journalism, and business.
I think it would be cool if you went into sports journalism or broadcasting.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #517
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
They've got a shitty stadium and the fans were mostly jackasses. But going up to Boston and chillin' like Thomas "Curly" Jefferson was pretty cool.

'Sup, 'Ver? That part of your username doesn't get enough credit.
I just hope you stayed out of Old Gregg's waters while you were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
You just want to believe in him and trust him. I'd give him my virginity if he asked me, actually.
Wait, are we talking about Jimmy Stewart or Kate Bush? Either way, you're crazy if you don't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Boston is a kickass city. Loved it up there. Didn't know where I was going 70% of the time, but the other 30% was very enjoyable.
I've never been. The one city that sounds the coolest (though Chicago was pretty awesome), and I've not made it up there yet. I'm making it a priority.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #518
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,063
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Boston is a kickass city. Loved it up there. Didn't know where I was going 70% of the time, but the other 30% was very enjoyable.
This is true even for people who live up here, too.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #519
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I think it would be cool if you went into sports journalism or broadcasting.
imagine if pfan interned for nsw...
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #520
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,063
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
imagine if pfan interned for nsw...
Now there's a scary thought.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #521
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


I can't believe I just slept in past 1pm and then woke up and thought it was too early. I think this is a sign I need to fix my sleeping schedule.
I woke up at 2.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #522
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
That's what I've heard too!! I've never been to Boston before though, so this'll be a good way to finally check it out.
Oh, it was awesome. I loved the history in that city, just something you don't see down here very much. Well, you do, I guess, but not as impacting as that. It was crazy going up there for the FSU-BC game and actually seeing FSU win. That and the high comedy of the Bostonian accent made that trip worthwhile. Go for it.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #523
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 10:14 AM
One thing I find interesting in comparison between US and Aussie universities is how it's perfectly standard and normal for people in the US to go to universities here, there, and everywhere, and often with nobody they know from high school, while over here, you'll typically go to one of the few unis in your city with just about your entire grade. Just about everybody I knew at high school went to Griffith. The fact I went to the University of Queensland, an hour north of the Gold Coast in Brisbane, was fairly unusual and I only know of a couple of other people in my grade of 120 (keeping in mind only about 80 went to uni) who went to university in Brisbane. Then, of course, I moved down to Melbourne and I'm 99% sure that makes me the person who has travelled furthest for university by over 1,000km.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #524
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 05:14 PM
hey peeps.

pfan, what colleges here sent you letters?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #525
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,063
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Oh, I know where I've seen Kettering, Ohio before. That just happens to be namkcuR's location.
__________________

__________________
phanan is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com