Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you get in on time at all this week?
I was WAY early on Monday (like, 2 hours early cos I had catch the train with my housemates cos my car was trapped under the IMAX)... called in sick Tuesday... Late Weds and Thurs, 15 mins early yesterday (had intended to get in very early again, haha).

Oh, Ali, I was meaning to ask you - did you say your headphones are cordless ones?

Because I went to JB and Dick Smith on Friday, and all the cordless headphones were depressingly expensive.

Nope, these aren't cordless... No idea what they'd cost. How much dancing are you planning to do while wearing headphones, anyway? :wink:

Also... do you happen to know when/where the first Sarajevo link-up was?

Nope, these aren't cordless... No idea what they'd cost. How much dancing are you planning to do while wearing headphones, anyway? :wink:

Also... do you happen to know when/where the first Sarajevo link-up was?

Ah, OK, I thought you'd said yours were. I was thinking cordless would be damn handy for when I'm cooking or doing dishes or whatever, but reviews seem to indicate that cordless don't have quite the same sound quality and are fairly expensive. I want to make sure I get good headphones, though, so I'm doing a bit of looking first before buying.

Uhh ... I DID. Might've been at one of the Italian concerts in early July 1993.

Uhh ... I DID. Might've been at one of the Italian concerts in early July 1993.

:lol: We'd already established that... But they played five different places in Italy and I don't want to have to DL all those shows ... u2gigs.com and Wikipedia have both phailed us... :tsk:

:lol: We'd already established that... But they played five different places in Italy and I don't want to have to DL all those shows ... u2gigs.com and Wikipedia have both phailed us... :tsk:

Alright then, I'll check, I do have the answer here somewhere ...

OK, the earliest Sarajevo satellite link-up in my "Sarajevo" file is 18 July 1993, Bologna. I think it's the first but let me just make 100% sure of that.

Yeah, I think Bologna was first. It sounds right anyway. I'd have to dig up a bunch of DVDs to see if it's on anything earlier, but I'm pretty sure I would have copied anything earlier to my "Sarajevo" file (I was going to make a CD of the link-ups for a lecturer I had, since Eastern Europe was one of his fields, but the sound quality was shit and I never got around to it).

I do? Do I have to go dig up my data DVDs? Because I'm happy sitting here, you know.

:tsk: you fail because you didn't even KNEW it was Bologna... and you're supposed to be our walking U2 encyclopedia?

:wink: at least I knew the place, just not the date... and it would be faster to check on the sarajevo documentary..

The other argument is electrifying Bullet performances. Just listening to the Dublin one right now. It's funny how the effects make the solo; it's substantially similar to the Vertigo solo, but it sounds so much more rockin'.

:tsk: you fail because you didn't even KNEW it was Bologna... and you're supposed to be our walking U2 encyclopedia?

:wink: at least I knew the place, just not the date... and it would be faster to check on the sarajevo documentary..

Oh, good, so I don't have to go dig up the DVDs! And give me a break, it's ZooTV, my least favourite tour. :wink: (Edit: what am I saying! I dislike Elevation more!)

Though there were two Bologna gigs, the 17th and the 18th of July.

Last edited:
The other argument is electrifying Bullet performances. Just listening to the Dublin one right now. It's funny how the effects make the solo; it's substantially similar to the Vertigo solo, but it sounds so much more rockin'.
This is also true... Bono also went completely nuts in this show. I think you were quoting him in the other thread. :wink:

I was really digging the Bullet solo that last time at U23D... awesome stuff. :up:

yes there were, but the first they didn't have the sattelite ready, it was the 2nd :p

:tsk: Zootv your least favourite... pfft!

If you'd sat through 150-something bootlegs of the same damn thing, you'd be pretty unfavourable towards ZooTV too.

In contrast, I only liked JT/Lovetown more after sitting through 150-something bootlegs from that era. My relative fondness for UF and Popmart didn't change from listening to the entire tours.

This is also true... Bono also went completely nuts in this show. I think you were quoting him in the other thread. :wink:

I was really digging the Bullet solo that last time at U23D... awesome stuff. :up:

Yes, I love that little rant. If Phail ever does Bullet, I think I'd have to throw that in. And a snippet of PT's Anaesthetise.

See, I've always found the Vertigo Bullet a bit of a letdown. It feels like he's just about to seriously rock out, then ... it's just a bunch of slow, clean notes. I still enjoyed it, but the effects-laden ZooTV one just does so much more for me. And the ZooTV shows where he really gets stuck into it and just about shreds are mindblowing.

A new record? Nice, nice.

I guess you all are just chilling here after that event.

Yes, and I figure you appreciate that Beer holds the record. Though I think one day, we should all arrange to be online at a certain time and see just how quickly we can kick through a thread if we really try. I reckon we could do one in three hours.

Yes, and I figure you appreciate that Beer holds the record. Though I think one day, we should all arrange to be online at a certain time and see just how quickly we can kick through a thread if we really try. I reckon we could do one in three hours.

Oh, I like that idea. That would be intense.

Also, I might send you Loop's Heaven's End - I have only just touched the music I've downloaded recently (including Verve) as I've been busy today, but I think you'll really like this album.

Oh, I like that idea. That would be intense.

Also, I might send you Loop's Heaven's End - I have only just touched the music I've downloaded recently (including Verve) as I've been busy today, but I think you'll really like this album.

We might fry the server! :lol:

Ooh, that'd be cool, thanks. Rockin' shoegazer, I take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom