Weed, California Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #286
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Gear is almost the only term used for heroin here nowadays. But since it's not so big a problem lately, you hear less of it. A few of my Minlaton friends were on it and probably still are, though.

I have been meaning to stonedpost here for a while now, but I need to buy some masivly wiXXed 420 muddafuckin sheet first. Crank up some Swervedriver and such...
Ah, right. I hadn't at all heard the term before, but given my circle of friends, not much of a surprise.

Hah, that'd be interesting. And I imagine some Duress might go well with that ...?
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #287
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 01:21 AM
Alright folks! It's been fun but I gotta get on with the day!

Good night to all the Australasians! And bye to everyone else.
__________________

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 07:21 PM
Ciao Zootles!
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #289
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I have like 23,000+ on one and nearly 10,000 on another.
I've made about the same amount of comments on LiveJournal as I have posts here, but otherwise, I think my highest post count on another forum is around 6,000-7,000. This place has really become my online home, especially since the first forum I ever used was closed and taken offline and another one just ... well, I drifted in one direction and it drifted in another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Do they confiscate cameras at concerts? I wouldn't know, I've never been to one.
I know people take pics with theirs and use their phones but yeah, do they sneak them or something?
Woah, you've never been to a concert? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Because I thought I took bloody forever to see a concert, and my first show was when I was 18. I feel like I've been making up for lost time ever since, which is kind of hard when so few bands I like come to Australia.

And yeah, quite often tickets will say "no cameras" or something to that effect. They can't stop mobile phone cameras, obviously, and I have never seen security guards stop anybody with just an ordinary point-and-shoot amateur camera (unless they're using flash). The "no cameras" rule tends to be mainly targeted at big, expensive professional cameras, like SLRs.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #290
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Alright folks! It's been fun but I gotta get on with the day!

Good night to all the Australasians! And bye to everyone else.
I've coined Kiwozian for myself.

Have a good one, Xoot!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #291
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Whew! I thought I was the only one who was well, Victorian like!
Heh, no. I suspect my 69% is going to stay static for a long time yet.

That is, unless I get seriously drunk one weekend and pass out, thus lowering my score to 68! Actually, I don't specifically remember going to sleep last Saturday, but I'm not going to try passing off a hazy memory of the last half hour of wakefulness as passing out.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #292
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I've made about the same amount of comments on LiveJournal as I have posts here, but otherwise, I think my highest post count on another forum is around 6,000-7,000. This place has really become my online home, especially since the first forum I ever used was closed and taken offline and another one just ... well, I drifted in one direction and it drifted in another.



Woah, you've never been to a concert? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Because I thought I took bloody forever to see a concert, and my first show was when I was 18. I feel like I've been making up for lost time ever since, which is kind of hard when so few bands I like come to Australia.

And yeah, quite often tickets will say "no cameras" or something to that effect. They can't stop mobile phone cameras, obviously, and I have never seen security guards stop anybody with just an ordinary point-and-shoot amateur camera (unless they're using flash). The "no cameras" rule tends to be mainly targeted at big, expensive professional cameras, like SLRs.
I've made maybe as many LJ comments as I have posts on here. (1300+) Maybe a bit more or less than that, don't know. I don't tend to really post a lot in chat threads and stuff like that so my posts don't really go much of anywhere.

I will be 21 on July 20th. I have never been to a concert, no. I never really had the chance to do it when I was a teenager and I am not even very sure I will be able to see U2 this next tour, despite how bad I honestly want to go, but I am hoping that I will have the chance to do so.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #293
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:21 PM
Morning.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #294
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Greetings, PFan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I've made maybe as many LJ comments as I have posts on here. (1300+) Maybe a bit more or less than that, don't know. I don't tend to really post a lot in chat threads and stuff like that so my posts don't really go much of anywhere.

I will be 21 on July 20th. I have never been to a concert, no. I never really had the chance to do it when I was a teenager and I am not even very sure I will be able to see U2 this next tour, despite how bad I honestly want to go, but I am hoping that I will have the chance to do so.
This is really the only chat thread I've ever participated in. Before the Superthreads began in February, I'd made about 32,000 posts on Interference in 4.5 years - the bulk of that came from setlist parties on the last tour. Now I've made over 22,500 posts in the Superthreads since 22 February!

Ahh, OK. I was 21 back in January. In the last few years, I've gotten into a lot more obscure bands, which helps when they come to Australia because it means the concerts are much more affordable than U2! That said, I did ten concerts on the Vertigo Tour. And the lack of friends who share my tastes in obscure bands means I go to some gigs alone, which is kind of dodgy.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 07:21 PM
Morning Philly!
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And the lack of friends who share my tastes in obscure bands means I go to some gigs alone, which is kind of dodgy.
Makes you feel any better, I saw U2 twice on their Vertigo Tour alone too. I couldn't find anyone who was willing to spend a good portion of their paycheck on a ticket.
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #297
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,812
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Hey, all
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:21 PM
I'm 17. The only two shows I've seen were The Who in Sept. 2006 and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in Oct. 2007. The latter being a much better show.

All of that being ironic, a bit, since U2's my favorite live band and I've never seen them live.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #299
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,812
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
All of that being ironic, a bit, since U2's my favorite live band and I've never seen them live.
Depending on the size of the venue, this is a rather difficult thing to do. I had to pay a ridiculously high price for my tickets last time.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #300
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Greetings, PFan.



This is really the only chat thread I've ever participated in. Before the Superthreads began in February, I'd made about 32,000 posts on Interference in 4.5 years - the bulk of that came from setlist parties on the last tour. Now I've made over 22,500 posts in the Superthreads since 22 February!

Ahh, OK. I was 21 back in January. In the last few years, I've gotten into a lot more obscure bands, which helps when they come to Australia because it means the concerts are much more affordable than U2! That said, I did ten concerts on the Vertigo Tour. And the lack of friends who share my tastes in obscure bands means I go to some gigs alone, which is kind of dodgy.
A majority of my posts are from PLEBA. But I do occasionally venture out of that corner of Interference! My post count is rather low for the time I've been here since I still don't post very often. But I have the feeling that will be changing as I am becoming quite addicted to the blue crack!

I wouldn't go to a concert alone. I'd be too paranoid with my tiny self to go to one alone!
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com