Wank, Bavaria Superthread - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #691
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Well guys, i'm out of energy and photos.

Goodnight
Piker! G'night!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #692
Vocal parasite

Ali, just got a text from Bonnie, she fears she might be busy. Depends whether her parents join her in going to the Zoo or not. But if they aren't - hey, Royal Park may just work out! Or I could just cook dinner at my place or something since it's not far. We could get U-Wen around and rock out some Phail tunes.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #693
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And I really don't see why we need the Queen all over the bloody currency. Everybody else on our money has at least done something worthwhile.
I'd go and see what NZ currency I took home from our brief stop there, but I think all the money is at the bottom of the box I put all the holiday stuff in.

And to be fair to Liz, she has had to put up with the rest of the royal family for her whole life. I think she's done bloody well to not have gone publically insane.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #694
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah, I've got no idea what that building in the foreground is. I've never gone north of the Redmond Barry Building. Presumably it's either for sporting purposes or residential purposes, as that's all I believe is north of Redmond Barry.
It's saying "fancy expensive student accommodation aimed at international students with more money than brains" to me.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #695
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I'd go and see what NZ currency I took home from our brief stop there, but I think all the money is at the bottom of the box I put all the holiday stuff in.

And to be fair to Liz, she has had to put up with the rest of the royal family for her whole life. I think she's done bloody well to not have gone publically insane.
I've just got the $5 myself. I think I have some coinage too, but I'm buggered if I know whether it's the old or the new stuff. Used to have some of the 1c and 2c pieces in my collection, but they could be anywhere now.

True - but then again, she's the one who inflicted Charles upon the world!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #696
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ali, just got a text from Bonnie, she fears she might be busy. Depends whether her parents join her in going to the Zoo or not. But if they aren't - hey, Royal Park may just work out! Or I could just cook dinner at my place or something since it's not far. We could get U-Wen around and rock out some Phail tunes.
Any or all sounds pretty good to me.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #697
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It's saying "fancy expensive student accommodation aimed at international students with more money than brains" to me.
Yep, I'd believe that. And not just "more money than brains", also "absolutely no practical life skills". As lazy as I am, I couldn't fucking put up with somewhere that does just about everything for me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #698
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
True - but then again, she's the one who inflicted Charles upon the world!
I don't mind Charlie.... he seems mostly harmless, and it can't hurt to have some environmental awareness at that level.

In other news... Rocks!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #699
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Any or all sounds pretty good to me.
Got another text, she says she'll let me know how things go tomorrow. So I'll text/e-mail you if anything's happening. If no text, assume nothing's happening.

Either way, you and U-Wen will have to come over one day so we can do some Phailing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #700
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't mind Charlie.... he seems mostly harmless, and it can't hurt to have some environmental awareness at that level.
He's environmentally aware? Or, well, aware of anything? He strikes me as just another upper crust British prat, heh.

Quote:
In other news... Rocks!

Ooh, that's cool. Where is it?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #701
Vocal parasite

Took this photo looking over Melbourne on Monday after my exam. Shame the weather makes it look so drab. How fucking ugly is the building in the foreground? That's Melbourne University's Doug McDonnell Building, one of the main Education faculty buildings and a right offence to architecture.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #702
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Either way, you and U-Wen will have to come over one day so we can do some Phailing.
Totally... I had way too much fun messing about with my piano-playing friend last weekend.

I'll try not to sleep in too late, then

Quote:
He's environmentally aware? Or, well, aware of anything? He strikes me as just another upper crust British prat, heh.
Well, he's reputedly quite the greenie...

And all my pics have been from the Grampians (taken in September '06, I think), except for that first sunset one.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #703
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Took this photo looking over Melbourne on Monday after my exam. Shame the weather makes it look so drab. How fucking ugly is the building in the foreground? That's Melbourne University's Doug McDonnell Building, one of the main Education faculty buildings and a right offence to architecture.
Ew, I think that's even worse than the Menzies building at Monash.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #704
Blue Crack Supplier

Same view, just looking from left to right.

Geology...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #705
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Totally... I had way too much fun messing about with my piano-playing friend last weekend.

I'll try not to sleep in too late, then
Awesome. I bet it'll be great fun. I'm afraid of just how shit I'm going to be, though. I haven't played guitar in so long.

Quote:
Well, he's reputedly quite the greenie...

And all my pics have been from the Grampians (taken in September '06, I think), except for that first sunset one.
Huh, well, that's quite cool then.

Ah, right. Haven't been there myself, but then I feel like I haven't been bloody anywhere! Just riding the train out to Greensborough a few weeks back was a veritable adventure for me.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread