Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's so beautiful about yellow? now if they'd be blue or purple, yea, that'd be cool... but yellow? :yawn:

:tsk:

Yellow is and always has been my favourite colour. Especially the nice, bright yellow on Dutch trains. :drool:

hm, I prefer interference blue :wink:

:lol: and they're only bright when clean!

Touche, and I like Interference blue too, but yellow is SuperWin to me. :drool:

If you want truly ugly trains, try this. I've no quarrel with the locomotive, but the grey carriages? This is the NEW livery they're rolling out too. It should be abandoned immediately!

s640x480

I like it.

Really?! It has NOT gone down well on Railpage Australia. Not only are the usual "oh noez, change" crowd up in arms, but so are the rest of us too. I don't think anybody likes it, and most of us can't see the sense in it because it's not as if the grey's going to do anything to help level crossing visibility.

Really?! It has NOT gone down well on Railpage Australia. Not only are the usual "oh noez, change" crowd up in arms, but so are the rest of us too. I don't think anybody likes it, and most of us can't see the sense in it because it's not as if the grey's going to do anything to help level crossing visibility.

The red stripe is pretty cool though.

Comeng shooting onto the Moonee Ponds Creek bridge underneath a Tullamarine Freeway offramp.

See the concrete end of the bridge, and the ground rising up to the wire fence? I usually stand up there. Awesome spot with a good view straight down the line, but fuuuuck, when trains go by on the closest track, it feels a little too close to the action. Especially when it's a steam train doing a good speed. I was filming it, and when it swapped from the third track to the closest track, you can hear me mutter "oh ... god!"

s640x480

myea,... but joking aside.. it does worry me... she's usually around every few days..

btw, :ohmy: you passed the 58k!

Last e-mail I got from her was on Tuesday. You heard from her since?

Yep, my 58,000th post was unintentionally funny too. Here it is, complete with Chass's previous post for context.

That takes effort.

Besides, Tyler Durden says that I am not my post count.

I once wrote an essay about how post count is the meaning of life. Don't make me dig it up and revise it so that it's Interference-appropriate.

Edit: I love how, entirely by accident, this was my 58,000th post.

[Edit summary: "58,000, meh."]

Comeng shooting onto the Moonee Ponds Creek bridge underneath a Tullamarine Freeway offramp.

See the concrete end of the bridge, and the ground rising up to the wire fence? I usually stand up there. Awesome spot with a good view straight down the line, but fuuuuck, when trains go by on the closest track, it feels a little too close to the action. Especially when it's a steam train doing a good speed. I was filming it, and when it swapped from the third track to the closest track, you can hear me mutter "oh ... god!"

s640x480

Sweet shot. It does look as though you'd be pretty fucking close.

Watch out, 60,000 will be here by the end of next week, I'm sure.

I left Ali a profile message, perhaps she ahs it set that she receives an email for that and she'll reply?
I haven't seen her on msn at all either :huh:

I left Ali a profile message, perhaps she ahs it set that she receives an email for that and she'll reply?
I haven't seen her on msn at all either :huh:

msn last seen, monday 14th aswell :huh:

Hmm, this is weird. She was definitely at work Tuesday, as evidenced by the e-mail I have from her. I'm tempted to send a text message to her mobile phone ...

Here's an arrival that got me way too excited. I heard on my scanner that an incoming Air New Zealand domestic flight was told to look out for incoming A330 traffic from the north and I was jumping around out of excitement.

IMG_2108.jpg

Here's an arrival that got me way too excited. I heard on my scanner that an incoming Air New Zealand domestic flight was told to look out for incoming A330 traffic from the north and I was jumping around out of excitement.

:laugh:

Speaking of that sort of thing, here's a train that excited me. I was perfectly calm as I photographed it, but once it was gone, I did a little jig on the spot. There are actually TWO rail bridges over the Moonee Ponds Creek; one is much higher and is a flyover to the Craigieburn/Albury line. These two S class locomotives suddenly trundled across, just got out of sight, trundled back again, cue jig from me, then returned a few minutes later with a freight train that I videoed.

Here they are running back.

s640x480

Here's the locos on their first cross of the bridge. Unfortunately, I was only just getting to the spot, so I had no time to set up or anything, I just whipped out the camera. This is probably the best photo I got. Sure, the pylon chops off the front of the loco, but at least it illustrates what a maze of bridges and pylons the spot is.

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom