Waiting For The Spring Thaw in Randooomdadoooom. Can I get a Amen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
of course ESPN is beating a dead horse right now over the Colts loss yesterday. How come no one put the starters back in when they were down? :scratch: Maybe if I would have gotten to see the game it would make sense to me....

before going in the oven....

20091228_0351.jpg

more pics later this week. I need to make the buttercream tomorrow and then decorate. My baking time was taken over by this apple pie situtation. :crazy:

it looks like a zebra when you cut it. :cool:

20091228_0354.jpg

I still haven't decided on the filling. I flavored the cake with almond extract. I might just use purple buttercream. :hmm:

it looks like a zebra when you cut it. :cool:

20091228_0354.jpg

I still haven't decided on the filling. I flavored the cake with almond extract. I might just use purple buttercream. :hmm:

Oh so :cool:!!!!!!!! In my book you can't go wrong w/ almond extract :drool: Just eating a couple almond cookies :up: right now as a matter of fact.

171.jpg

New T shirts are up on the Sconnie site :drool:

there is a shirt at one of the sports stores at the mall that I wish I would have taken a pic of but my phone was almost dead. If I'm remembering this right, it's a purple shirt with a gold cheese grater with a 4 on the side of it. I think it's grating up a state of Wisconsin. Next time I go to this mall I'll have to try to remember to get back to this store....

:drool: the pie is done and beautiful! I want to eat it right now! I think baked apples with cinnamon is my all time favorite :drool: The whole house smells amazing right now :love:

there is a shirt at one of the sports stores at the mall that I wish I would have taken a pic of but my phone was almost dead. If I'm remembering this right, it's a purple shirt with a gold cheese grater with a 4 on the side of it. I think it's grating up a state of Wisconsin. Next time I go to this mall I'll have to try to remember to get back to this store....

But, but, but.......................... we are the
159.jpg

:drool: the pie is done and beautiful! I want to eat it right now! I think baked apples with cinnamon is my all time favorite :drool: The whole house smells amazing right now :love:

Apple pie always has to be warm when I eat it :heart: a little cinnamon ice cream on the side doesn't hurt.

It's not completely done but I didn't want to over bake it since it needs to go back in the oven later this week. There will be cinnamon ice cream on the side :drool:

20091228_0356.jpg

it's picture day today....

this is the pond as of this afternoon :sad: Lily doesn't even sit in her window anymore to look outside. She's probably still wondering where the palm trees and cactus went...

20091228_0349.jpg

oh and the pie has whiskey and pecans in it. I cooked the apples on the stove before baking it in the shell. I then reduced the liquid to a caramel sauce and poured it on the pie right before I put the topping on. Should be yummy....

That was a big topic of discussion at the beginning of SNF. Peyton Manning wasn't playing. He looks a little bit upset in the gif in the NFL thread in the sports forum.

OMG...this is ALL THEY CAN TALK ABOUT here. I'm just cracking up. People called into the news station last night and left angry, venomous messages about how they want 50% of their ticket price back that were played on TV, they can't believe what a bunch of slackers the coaches are...they wrote into the paper complaining about all the money they spend at downtown restaurants and the Circle City Mall and they want their money back. I can understand people's frustration, but the way they're reacting is hilarious. Jim Caldwell didn't force anyone to drive in the snow, eat at St. Elmo's Steakhouse before the game, or go grab some after-Christmas sales at Circle Center, or even a jersey at the game. I THINK I remember being rational about decisions like this in "evil" New England. Or maybe my friends and family were rational and I just watched the news less. Or the Patriots second string was good enough not to lose by 2 touchdowns, I don't know.

14 and 1 angry fan base | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

(Sorry, Ms Purrl, if you were one of those who called in to Fox 59 last night...)

OMG...this is ALL THEY CAN TALK ABOUT here. I'm just cracking up. People called into the news station last night and left angry, venomous messages about how they want 50% of their ticket price back that were played on TV, they can't believe what a bunch of slackers the coaches are...they wrote into the paper complaining about all the money they spend at downtown restaurants and the Circle City Mall and they want their money back. I can understand people's frustration, but the way they're reacting is hilarious. Jim Caldwell didn't force anyone to drive in the snow, eat at St. Elmo's Steakhouse before the game, or go grab some after-Christmas sales at Circle Center, or even a jersey at the game. I THINK I remember being rational about decisions like this in "evil" New England. Or maybe my friends and family were rational and I just watched the news less. Or the Patriots second string was good enough not to lose by 2 touchdowns, I don't know.

14 and 1 angry fan base | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

(Sorry, Ms Purrl, if you were one of those who called in to Fox 59 last night...)
Here it is being contrasted w/ the whole Favre/Childress event.
:crack:

it's funny because the whole Favre/Childress thing from last week is only an issue everywhere else but here. Here it's just being looked at as a QB/Coach discussion on the sidelines at a point in the game where we were winning.

I haven't really seen much either way, but I don't think it was. Payton wasn't delighted, but I guess he knew it was coming. I was surprised they put the back-up back-up quarterback in so early...but I understand the decision. And if Payton or Dallas Clark or someone had been injured in the last quarter, the whole city would be screaming that they should have been taken out. Which is why I laugh.

it's funny because the whole Favre/Childress thing from last week is only an issue everywhere else but here. Here it's just being looked at as a QB/Coach discussion on the sidelines at a point in the game where we were winning.
Well you know why it is a big thing here.
Favre is very much the devil to Rodgers angel............heck if we could, we would make Rodgers a saint.
I still feel duped by Favre's country boy, aw shucks, crap. :mad:

Backs away slowly, make that quickly, from Indy

:lol:

I love Colts fans, but sometimes they drive me crazy. I grew up outside Boston; I understand living and dying by a team's success or failure, and feeling that MY TEAM is entitled to win. I can't really pinpoint exactly what drives me crazy about Colts fans when I grew up with RED SOX fans, of all fans...and I think that also drives me crazy.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

My boss's husband is convinced the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl. He has a new Facebook status about it every day. This would be a happy household if that happens...

chucktodd

Packer fans, what are we rooting for w/Vikes-Bears? More Favre-Childress fights?
From Twitter^ See it is alive and well.............It is nice to know that the reporters covering the Prez. in Hawaii are following the drama.

Back
Top Bottom